Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #29
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
You may also want to switch out to some ceramics for less brake dust and better performance than organic semi metallic.
Ceramics do not perform better but do have less dust.
Chevy only spent millions of dollars determining this.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:46 AM   #30
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
I know this, but the inner pads compared to each other on each front corner are significantly different to each other (not compared to the other pads).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahhh. That'll learn me to read the directions first.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:43 AM   #31
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Ceramics do not perform better but do have less dust.
Chevy only spent millions of dollars determining this.

So as replacements, would you buy OEM pads, or aftermarket such as Hawk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #32
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Rebuild the calipers. Sounds like pistons are sticking/frozen.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:54 PM   #33
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I would agree you most likely have a sticky set of piston /cylinders on one but wear is not always even and bleeding the system simply could have changed that if it had too much air in the fluid at that caliper with less pressure showing less wear.

And would wonder about the proportioner for the brakes and how it splits the pressure up front to back and if there could be a pressure problem on the one caliper, but also look at any other explanation... for pads you want to buy what you think you need, if racing you would want semi metallic, for street ceramics make longer use good and make less dust but are not great for the real cold weather .

I have been thinking I will try ceramics just to see some day maybe ;as its not so warm here once and then see if I have luck.
I know others love their ceramic pads ,braking distance is kind of where its at for some, and longevity and such of the braking system increase the pad life versus rotor heat, and their performance in heat also is good but not so much in the cold.

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/t...-metallic.aspx

I know there are some good pads out their which ever kind you choose. I do a lot of stop and go in the city so I think I will stay semi metallic but performance is what matters for me not long distance commuting on the freeway. Its in what you want, you have to decide for yourself.