Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Should I do it?
Yes, do it! 33 50.00%
No, don't to it! 30 45.45%
Not sure... 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2018, 11:09 PM   #43
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

Drives: 2015 2LS SIM
I know this style of louvers isn’t for everyone, but I figured I might as well put these pictures here. If you’re having mixed feelings about the MRT louvers, maybe it’s that you really want louvers but haven’t found the right style for you. These are $455 painted and have been tested to 180 mph. The fit is perfect as they were designed to the exact shape of the window. Cleaning the window isn’t really a problem as you can either flush out any dust with a hose or wipe it with a cloth. I have to park my car under trees in my driveway so I’ve definitely been able to test how easily the window can be cleaned. I get compliments on them quite often. They’ll absolutely turn heads. Lemme know if you’re interested and I can hook you up with the 15% discount.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2018, 07:09 AM   #44
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnok View Post
I know this style of louvers isn’t for everyone, but I figured I might as well put these pictures here. If you’re having mixed feelings about the MRT louvers, maybe it’s that you really want louvers but haven’t found the right style for you. These are $455 painted and have been tested to 180 mph. The fit is perfect as they were designed to the exact shape of the window. Cleaning the window isn’t really a problem as you can either flush out any dust with a hose or wipe it with a cloth. I have to park my car under trees in my driveway so I’ve definitely been able to test how easily the window can be cleaned. I get compliments on them quite often. They’ll absolutely turn heads. Lemme know if you’re interested and I can hook you up with the 15% discount.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:06 AM   #45
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

These are also in development
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2018, 06:34 PM   #46
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnok View Post
These are also in development

I'm interested to see how that comes out. Thanks for sharing.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:18 AM   #47
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

They were originally made for the C7. Here’s some real pictures of them to give you a better idea of what they would look like. I’m not sure which style I love more, the one I have or this newer one. I’m sorry if I just made your decision even harder.
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #48
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Had them for years, sets the car apart and they were $400 BTW. Over time the double sided emblem tape comes loose off the windshield and you have to replace it on the pads the louvers lock on; other than that; a great appearance mod no on else has around and it elicits complements and can help keep sun out if parked east...LOL and even keep visibility clear to the rear when driving in the rain.....

Daring to be different ; priceless.... a cheapo set of plastic crappola strapped on my car...seen them, looked cheap and I would not go there its kind of taste reflective and who has the money. They do unlock and have two legs to set them up for cleaning the rear window, appearance with just the stock paint powder coated on them good over the years and can be shined with a good vinyl product like black magic. And geesh I got my side gill area chrome for $70, did a narrow black gill stripe in conjunction with them love them also.....
Old 08-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #49
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

They’ll be available this week
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #50
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Purely a matter of taste. I hate them, but the OP's pics don't look bad. If you really want them then grab them. Make sure they are a high quality add on.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:37 AM   #51
KGoddard

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Not a fan. Your car is gorgeous without them. Spend the money somewhere else. Ikon side skirts would look good on your car

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #52
mov

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro SS
Old 08-09-2018, 04:03 PM   #53
Spec
Account Suspended

Well, they have arrived and will be installing real soon... probably this afternoon. I will say that the quality on these is top notch. Just wished they got better quality hinges.

Will post up pics once done.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #54
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Well, they have arrived and will be installing real soon... probably this afternoon. I will say that the quality on these is top notch. Just wished they got better quality hinges.

Will post up pics once done.
Looking forward to the pics.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:47 PM   #55
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
im a fan of em!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #56
Spec
Account Suspended

Well my friends, this is another one of those 'I should have done it a long time ago' mods...

I was able to get it installed in about a half hour. Fairly easy doing it by myself after work at our shop. The instructions suck, as mentioned. I mounted everything on the louver first... didn't even need the 'templates', test-fit it, then I was able to hold it down and remove the sticky tape film, applying firm pressure.

I think it looks great. It definitely 'beefed' up the rear end dontcha think?

I had to be in Phoenix today and I took the opportunity to drive out there. Doing 90 plus, they held up great and do not rattle, do not shake from the high winds. Its just sat there firm, and it didn't fly off lol... yeah, I was a bit nervous it would just fly off the back and I'd never see it again on that I-10 desert between AZ and CA. Got up to 110 degrees I think on one stretch...

I took these pics in Phoenix today... on one of the pics, you can see how much rear visibility is inhibited... nothing bothersome at all. Pictures are untouched except for that wipe on my plate.
Attached Images