Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 12-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

Hows my favorite sooner doin?
Ok, cosidering OU got screwed with their BCS matchup.

What's been goin' on?
Old 12-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #16
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok, cosidering OU got screwed with their BCS matchup.

What's been goin' on?
Tough semester in school haha... and depressing football season. Can't wait for this year to be over...

UCONN? Jeeze. Guys got shafted. When was the last time you played a terrible opponent like that in a bcs game????

Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Tough semester in school haha... and depressing football season. Can't wait for this year to be over...

UCONN? Jeeze. Guys got shafted. When was the last time you played a terrible opponent like that in a bcs game????

Ouch.... lol

Or the Va Tech game.

At least this is a good game to get the BCS monkey off their back.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #18
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Ouch.... lol

Or the Va Tech game.

At least this is a good game to get the BCS monkey off their back.
No argument there.... This is me being nice and not posting another youtube video

Did you see the castle stoops built for himself??
Old 12-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
No argument there.... This is me being nice and not posting another youtube video

Did you see the castle stoops built for himself??
Nope. I'm bout ready to slap the piss out of Stoops. OU has no defense anymore. He was a Defensive guy at Florida, Im thinking he needs to figure something out.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #20
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Nope. I'm bout ready to slap the piss out of Stoops. OU has no defense anymore. He was a Defensive guy at Florida, Im thinking he needs to figure something out.
Agree with you there. He seems to be slipping a bit with the Defense, and for 5 million a year... that shouldn't happen.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #21
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
Did anyone else enjoy watching Texas get slapped around like little girls as much as I did this year?
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Agree with you there. He seems to be slipping a bit with the Defense, and for 5 million a year... that shouldn't happen.

Maybe Urban Meyer brought the moving van to move in with Stoops. lol
Old 12-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #23
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplhester View Post
Did anyone else enjoy watching Texas get slapped around like little girls as much as I did this year?
Yes and no. Yes because it made me feel better about Florida flushing their season down the shitter, and no because its not great for CFB. CFB is at its best when big time rivalries are at their best... Texas vs. Oklahoma, Michigan vs. Ohio State, Florida vs. Florida State ....

There is a pretty decent chance that Texas has a rocky road ahead of them, and more than a down year or two. Hopefully they get it all worked out.

Quote:

Maybe Urban Meyer brought the moving van to move in with Stoops. lol

haha That picture came from the Florida guys who wanted Stoops as our HC.

Rumor is that Urb is talking contracts with ESPN.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #24
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Yes and no. Yes because it made me feel better about Florida flushing their season down the shitter, and no because its not great for CFB. CFB is at its best when big time rivalries are at their best... Texas vs. Oklahoma, Michigan vs. Ohio State, Florida vs. Florida State ....

There is a pretty decent chance that Texas has a rocky road ahead of them, and more than a down year or two. Hopefully they get it all worked out.

haha That picture came from the Florida guys who wanted Stoops as our HC.

Rumor is that Urb is talking contracts with ESPN.
He'd be good at it.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #25
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf...e=NCFHeadlines

If he becomes the new Florida DC, our staff will be great. If he will be the new LB coach, our staff will be RIDICULOUS.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #26
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
You can have Willis Texas , OU and Atm have walked all over his A$$

Tech Fans are not upset with him leaving.

as for the TY for coach boom you know I was suprised when he left however now im not so upset as this year he didnt look the same from day one on the sidelines. He had a Big year in 2008 however in 2009 when we went to the national championship questions why he calmed down started to come up then this year he was just quiet.

I dunno oh well its all good you can have him as he may have been a Good cordinator everyone around here questioned could he be a head coach ? guess we will see.

Good luck
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #27
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
You can have Willis Texas , OU and Atm have walked all over his A$$

Tech Fans are not upset with him leaving.

as for the TY for coach boom you know I was suprised when he left however now im not so upset as this year he didnt look the same from day one on the sidelines. He had a Big year in 2008 however in 2009 when we went to the national championship questions why he calmed down started to come up then this year he was just quiet.

I dunno oh well its all good you can have him as he may have been a Good cordinator everyone around here questioned could he be a head coach ? guess we will see.

Good luck
Willis inherited a terrible, terrible, terrible group of defensive players at TT. To discredit him based on a single year of coaching at a new school with poor defensive players would be to ignore his other accomplishments and accolades. Most notably from his bio...

"In 2006, Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville hired Willis to return to his alma mater as the linebackers coach under new defensive coordinator Will Muschamp. When Muschamp left for Texas, his replacement Paul Rhoads kept Willis on staff. When coach Tuberville resigned from Auburn in 2008, the entire staff was initially released by new head coach Gene Chizik, however on December 26, 2008 Willis was retained to again coach linebackers."

So he retained his job after his boss changed twice, how many position coaches can say that?

"Although initially thought to return to Auburn, Willis was hired by Alabama's head coach Nick Saban to be the Crimson Tide's associate head coach and outside linebackers coach on January 21, 2009.During his one season with Alabama, the Crimson Tide defeated the Texas Longhorns in the 2010 BCS National Championship Game."

Saban, the best defensive minded coach in the game poaches this guy away to coach his linebackers (and i don't know if you noticed, but their linebackers played like machines) AND be an associate head coach.

And as for Muschamp, we'll see how it goes. He doesn't need to be bashing his own head in to be coaching well.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #28
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
we will see anything is possible these days around this time last year you were going on and on about Brantley and how well he was going to do this year who really thought things would turn out like they did. Time only tells us what really happens. Oh well every so often you gotta have a down season and players have to mature some do and some dont.

Been there , Seen that best thing is this is college they come and go not here forever.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote