Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Any other teens getting one?

I'm 18 and I plan on getting a V6, preferably a 2LT. I have one on order, but I may have to cancel if I don't get a job within the next month, because I don't have enough for a down payment.

How do you plan on paying for it, and which model/colors are you getting?
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Im will be 18 7th of April

If the local chevy dealership gets one in may, I will most likely consider a 2SS RS semi Loaded. $36,000 is my max, If not I'm getting an R/T Challenger fully loaded

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
weedwacker13

Drives: 1990 isuzu trooper
Im 18 right now, 19 in the summer, just dont make enough at the job to carry monthly payments. Have close to $6,000 saved up right now. Even if I could get the car, insurance will prob kill me. So I will probubly be looking used in a year or so. Idealy I would want a 2SS, no options either in black or summit white.

Im also looking for a seconed summer job, and hoping the market turns around. Curse all the people who told me to invest my money. HA!

Anyway, If I make alot more money than I am expecting this summer, I will try to get one new. My Uncle is an employee, so I can get that discount. I would still need to get my monthly payments under $500 though.

Anyway good luck to all the kids out there trying to get one. Just be patient, its killing me, but what ever you do, dont dig your self in a hole.
weedwacker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedwacker13 View Post
dont dig your self in a hole.
and be very careful, especialy on a wet road.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
and be very careful, especialy on a wet road.
Seriously, I spun my 07 GT out on a slightly-wet road and I've taken numerous advanced driving courses. If I can spin out a 300hp Mustang with TCS on imagine what these 16, 17 year olds will do with 426.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
seeknay2000

Drives: 1978 Z28, 1987 Suburb
I just turned 21 - I'll bet getting one late in this year - I saved up to pay for it in cash. Just my two cents - if you don't have enough for the down payment I would either wait, or get a cheaper more efficient car for now. You're going to need money for: Down payment, taxes, destination charge, car payments, insurance payments, oil changes, repairs/upgrades etc....even a flat tire will probably set you back $200.
Not to mention if you lose your job or can't get one - last thing you want is to watch your baby get towed away :(
Old 02-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Im will be 18 7th of April

If the local chevy dealership gets one in may, I will most likely consider a 2SS RS semi Loaded. $36,000 is my max, If not I'm getting an R/T Challenger fully loaded
Hah, I thought that a 2SS/RS was fully loaded.

watch out if you plan to do that... tax is likely to tip you over your budget.

By the way, I am 20 and I have a 1SS/RS on order. I'm considering on changing it to a 2SS because I want leather seats, but we shall see if the powers that be (parents) will have it. I'm a full time student and I managed to snag a full ride scholarship, so my parents have offered to get me a Camaro (as they do not have to pay for my education out of pocket).
UCI CamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Graduating in December; may trade the Exploder in for purchase during the winter months from a dealership that had connections with my dad.

Hopefully they'll have RJT on the lot. If not I plan to order an m6 1SS RJT w/ Neutral interior. Going to look into custom neutral matched pin-striping later on down the road. 4 pack and HUD are also going in from the dealership post purchase. Pity I won't be able to get the GMPP Exhaust..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Yes, I'm 17 and getting one. But not for a few years.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Hah, I thought that a 2SS/RS was fully loaded.

watch out if you plan to do that... tax is likely to tip you over your budget.

By the way, I am 20 and I have a 1SS/RS on order. I'm considering on changing it to a 2SS because I want leather seats, but we shall see if the powers that be (parents) will have it. I'm a full time student and I managed to snag a full ride scholarship, so my parents have offered to get me a Camaro (as they do not have to pay for my education out of pocket).
Man, I wish my parents had done that. I got a full ride to college, worth about 40k, and I didn't see a dime of it :\ all I got was my dad doing a happy dance when I opened the scholarship letter.

Now I'm 22 and buying my 2SS with my own money, though my dad is cosigning with me.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #11
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Well I was gonna get a 2SS/RS and I'm 19 but when I went to the dealership last week I sat in a vette and got it instead haha so now I got a vette in my garage. Was a great deal with 0% financing. Insurance is only 70 bucks a month too. I'm a mechanical engineer.
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #12
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
Well I was gonna get a 2SS/RS and I'm 19 but when I went to the dealership last week I sat in a vette and got it instead haha so now I got a vette in my garage. Was a great deal with 0% financing. Insurance is only 70 bucks a month too. I'm a mechanical engineer.
Insurance only $70/mo on a vette for a 19 year old??
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #13
mefox3

Drives: porsche cayman s
I'm 17, and as a deal I made with my parents I need to work all summer to help pay for it.
mefox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
Insurance only $70/mo on a vette for a 19 year old??
Yes I know we went back and had it checked twice to make sure but it is considered a luxury vehicle so that's why it is so cheap. I have a 1998 blazer that cost me 80 bucks a month for liability. It makes no sense but I'm not complaining haha
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote