Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #15
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Paypal almost always sides with the buyer. I had to file a claim last year after I bought some headlights for my truck in "perfect condition" only to find out one of them had a burn mark in the center of the lens and major condensation issues. Paypal immediately sent me a refund, before I even sent them back. In fact, I refused to send them back until the seller agreed to pay the return shipping. It worked out great for me but unfortunately scammers have used this "buyer is always right" policy to rip off sellers too. My coworker sold his iPhone via Paypal, the buyer claimed it was DOA and filed a claim. He immediately got his money refunded and supposedly shipped the phone back. However when the package arrived, my coworker opened it up and it was empty. He fought like hell with Paypal but they never did a thing about it.
I appreciate that you posted your coworkers experience. I had a few bad purchases not unlike the OP. If the OP seller says the item matched the description the buyer above will most certainly lose with paypal. He has a better chance with the credit card but going through paypal it gets complicated as to who was being paid, paypal or the seller and paypal can demand payment.

No, paypal will NOT always side with you even with photos and other evidence.
There are a few excellent honest sellers and buyers as I have had the pleasure to transact with here on C5 but there are also noted scammers.
I am more with the opinion be careful of whom you buy from now or yes buy new and avoid the rip off.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #16
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Paypal will give you your money back and you get to keep the part.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]