Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-21-2007, 09:48 PM   #15
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
I absolutely can not get enough of drifting… I wish there was a track near here that would let us practice… :eek:

Come on Moose, are you telling me that you would not enjoy jumping in a car and seeing how long you could stall it out sideways and be in control the whole time. I'm telling you, once you tried it you would be hooked…
Honestly, I rather try one of those performance driving schools, or rent a track with a group of friends where we could take our cars.

I'm an "old man"...:(

z28camaro2471, agree with you 100%! I go to the NHRA event at Maple Grove and seeing those cars up close...:eek: ....awesome!!!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #16
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
drifting is simple. it's an exhibition of driving skill. It's not speed that you're worried about. It's about your angle and how close you can get to the perfect line. It shows that you can keep control of your car while staying sideways. That's why it's not really a race, but a competition.

Watching someone race around a track is alright, you are sometimes amazed at the speed they can corner at. Watching someone drift around a track (if they are good) is like an art form. No fishtailing, just smooth transitions from turning the car while continuing in a straight line, keeping the rear end straight while pointing the car in the direction of the exit and keeping it there while the car works itself around the turn almost magically. It's all about control.

Getting back to the original topic of the thread. I'm a big fan of F1. My stepdad had a box at the most recent Taylor Woodrow San Jose Grand prix with the atlantic series, champ cars and whatnot. I absolutely love the high pitched whien of the tiny engines. My ultimate supercar to own would be a Ferrari 355 Berlinetta. It's one of 3 cars that have that whine (the other two being the 360 challenge stradahle and the porsche Carrera GT). I watch the F1 races when I can but they're normally aired at like 3 AM since they're on the other side of the world most of the time.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:16 PM   #17
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Wondering if anyone here is an F1 fan?

I started getting back into F1 a few years back. The cars are amazing. :eek: Sure, it's not alot of "side by side" racing, but it is competitive and I enjoy watching it.

Much better than NASCAR IMO.

F1 died with Ayrton Senna's death ...
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:17 PM   #18
killerdiller

Drives: 1980 z-28,1969 ss,08 g35s 6mt
f1 rules!!!,the tracks,the cars,the history.My four year old knows that sunday mornings are dads time with the big tv,then i sleep in the afternoon watching nascar(i try to stay awake).
killerdiller is offline   Reply With Quote