Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #43
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Vlad View Post
The situation leading to World War II was complex. Anyone who says it was just one country's fault is talking out of his posterior.

Off topic, I know, but I always get a chuckle out of people who're using history to justify buying or not buying a freakin' car and sound like they've never even researched the history they're using. It's a ludicrous argument anyway since the military government ruling Japan prior to and during the war was destroyed by the war, and, at present, any Japanese person you talk to or meet had absolutely nothing to do with it.

It's like calling people living in the South today slave traders.
Agreed. Besides the slightly one sided trade we have with them, Japan is a pretty good ally.
duder4thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #44
iwannagofast
Paranormal Hunter

Drives: 1968 Chevy Caprice
I'm not wanting them die. Believe me I'll never own a Toyota or Honda. It's not due to history and whatever. Half the stuff we cherish was invented or made in Japan. Heck I want to visit Japan someday.

The reason why Toyota is having troubles to me is their vehicles are so bland. Same thing with Hondas. Pretty much relability card can only go so far for the Japanese makes. They're your cookie cutter cars and fleet vehicles

Not too far from Japan just look at Hyundai, they have the style and getting better at relability.

I feel the tide is turning where the big 2 (gm, Ford) are getting more and more looks as the relability factor is way up and the from styling and performance they keep on making fresh looking designs. To me Honda and Toyota are going to be mid pack in a couple years and the big three are going to be GM, Ford, and Hyundai.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
To me Honda and Toyota are going to be mid pack in a couple years and the big three are going to be GM, Ford, and Hyundai.
Interesting view...Hyundai has a LONG way to come before they're about the same calibur as GM or Ford...but they are improving...

I'd like to clarify something that maybe I misrepresented...I don't see any means for celebration in the loss of jobs due to a failed company like toyota (even japanese jobs). However, I feel our country right now has some seriously misplaced values in terms of what we purchase. walmart and toyota exemplify this. So, I would not morn the loss of toyota (IF they died...which they won't), because it will remove a poor choice from the table -- indirectly forcing consumers to think twice about what they buy: so many toyota buyers are lemmings.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #46
iwannagofast
Paranormal Hunter

I agree that Hyundai has a long ways be in calibur with GM and Ford. GM and Ford will be always the top two in America, but there rate of improvement is quick and in about 5 years from gut instinct and readings will be close to GM and Ford. Chrysler I feel has many years to go before getting to be a part of the big 3 in america.

I chose Hyundai for a couple of reasons to be the third in the next couple of years.

One I have a bit of a soft spot for Hyundai as I owned a 2002 Hyundai Elantra that I gave to my Mom as her 93 buick century body and interior gave up the ghost, GM engine and drivetrain are tough. Buick was a good dependable car same as the 02 Elantra.

Second for me Hyundai has that never give up, hardworking blue collar attitude that us Americans have. Plus most of the cars they make are catering to the US more than Korea and they are building plants in the US. (Yes, I know toyota has them too, but it is mainly for the tundra and to be a corporate juggernaunt, which is why there self destructing,ie GM and Ford just a couple years back got to fat and popped)

Plus how many major recalls on all the websites has hyundai been a part of. Hardly any and same goes with GM and Ford. These three are getting the right idea on how to survive and put out good products for years to come.

For me in 5 if things go to plan are a list of the top five:

1. GM
2. Ford
3. Hyundai
4. Nissan
5. Chrysler(Toyota and Honda could be here too)
Old 10-07-2009, 08:26 AM   #47
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHaotix View Post
Not to sound like an anti-patriotic douche but, the US broke neutrality laws by siding with the allies yet cutting trade with Japan. We pretty much instigated the attack. :/

The above post was made by a product of the American education system.:(
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Not gonna lie, I want to see Toyota down. Not completely collapse, but down a few pegs is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_23 View Post
The President of Toyota...is Toyoda...
And the company is based in Nippon, or Japan after the English bastardization of the word. Japanesse characters don't translate very well into English letters. Toyoda=Toyota, try saying both with a Japanese accent.

By the way, while the historical discussion is interesting, its a little off topic.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #49
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Toyota on the brink of collapse?

Nothing of value was lost.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #50
cHaotix

Drives: 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Send a message via AIM to cHaotix Send a message via MSN to cHaotix Send a message via Yahoo to cHaotix
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Actually, the American education system (AP US History) states otherwise. The side that wins the war writes the history. I'll leave it at that.

I know this was off topic but I really couldn't let that snide remark pass.
cHaotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #51
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
I agree that Hyundai has a long ways be in calibur with GM and Ford. GM and Ford will be always the top two in America, but there rate of improvement is quick and in about 5 years from gut instinct and readings will be close to GM and Ford. Chrysler I feel has many years to go before getting to be a part of the big 3 in america.

I chose Hyundai for a couple of reasons to be the third in the next couple of years.

One I have a bit of a soft spot for Hyundai as I owned a 2002 Hyundai Elantra that I gave to my Mom as her 93 buick century body and interior gave up the ghost, GM engine and drivetrain are tough. Buick was a good dependable car same as the 02 Elantra.

Second for me Hyundai has that never give up, hardworking blue collar attitude that us Americans have. Plus most of the cars they make are catering to the US more than Korea and they are building plants in the US. (Yes, I know toyota has them too, but it is mainly for the tundra and to be a corporate juggernaunt, which is why there self destructing,ie GM and Ford just a couple years back got to fat and popped)

Plus how many major recalls on all the websites has hyundai been a part of. Hardly any and same goes with GM and Ford. These three are getting the right idea on how to survive and put out good products for years to come.

For me in 5 if things go to plan are a list of the top five:

1. GM
2. Ford
3. Hyundai
4. Nissan
5. Chrysler(Toyota and Honda could be here too)
I agree, for the most part. I think I split on Hyundai taking the number 3 spot. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Perhaps 10-15 years out...if they maintain improvement and outclass their closest competitors. But not 5. Meh -- we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
The system attempts to show all sides...which is admirable. The sad part comes in when students don't make the distinction about which side they belong to.

EDIT: (which I'm not saying chaotix didn't!!!)

But I agree with DGthe3 -- this is off topic.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #52
iwannagofast
Paranormal Hunter

That's what I love about the future. It isn't written yet and well see what it will hold.