Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #1
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Split Splitter!!!

So after getting my azz kicked at work all week, I come outside yesterday and find this: it's my ACS T5 splitter for the V6 indeed "split" in 2 places. I think I probably have to buy a new one but has anyone ever corrected damage this bad?

Also, I assume I'll be asked "what happened?" Unfortunately I have no idea. I know it wasn't there when I parked in the morning because, being playfully antagonistic, I backed in right next to a '16 Mustang and took a good look from the front before saying to myself, "Mine's better." Anyway, I came out and found the busted splitter. I asked security if they have footage from any of the parking lot cameras. They said they'll, "look into it."

Any info on what my options are would be great. Thanks fellas.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2016, 11:33 AM   #2
MCSarge
USMC 1980-1990

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Do a search there are a couple of threads on here for repairing that. Shouldn't be to hard to do. If money is tight, I would look into repairing it yourself rather than buying a new one or reporting it to insurance and having them raise your rates. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #3
BALLEE

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Maybe the mustang owner got jealous! Lol
BALLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:29 PM   #4
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
^ That happens. LOL! My buddy just said, "it looks like someone tried to stand on it," and I kinda agree with him. I hope those security tapes turn something up...
Old 02-29-2016, 08:12 PM   #5
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertypilot View Post
^ That happens. LOL! My buddy just said, "it looks like someone tried to stand on it," and I kinda agree with him. I hope those security tapes turn something up...
yep, first thought that came to mind, a lot of douche bags in this world, personally I have an appreciation for a fine vehicle especially any modern muscle, even a rustang. Sad world sometimes!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #6
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Easily repairable, any competent body shop should be able to handle it, or repair yourself and have repainted to save a few $$$ if you can't find out who did it.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote