Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #29
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
I use it every three months or so for my vehicles, I also run every so often some zmax, I also use oil made by Driven racing specifically for modified LS engines as I would recommend their products as many racers and parts manufacturers do. There's a big difference between modified and non modified, and really taking good care of maintenance of a vehicle.

BTW I kind of am forced to run the motorpool where I work overseeing the maintenance and repairs or all the vehicles for our little city a penitentiary while being in facility maintenance And I don't mind the change from carpentry and such while doing everything else, training inmates to fix things one way or another.

You see I work from the outside, I have the credit card and the trucks and the etc etc etc, I have used Lucas products to help clean things up on lots of things and keep it going good. For example, My boss decided to let me have some toys for the kids, I got four non running turds dropped on me by surplus we bought, two gas powered golf carts with beds for servicing golf courses... they are like 80's, and a Kawasaki Mule and a Workmaster, we rapidly went through them all, replaced some this and that like a broken timing belt and fixed the centrifugal clutches and a fuel pump here and now they all run great with valve adjustments etc....

That's nothing though compared to our changing now a old 1980 side dump international now into a flat bed from a garbage truck we just are about done with , and I got a Christmas kind of present I got rid of my 88 dodge truck for a 2006 f-350 with only 150k on it for 5 grand and its sweet now and tow's my dump trailer well...… Anyway have a nice Saturday...Murr
Cool
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #30
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
I use MARVEL Mystery Oil !!! LOLOLOLOL
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #31
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBarb View Post
You're funny, it runs like crap on regular. You have to read EVERYTHING not just scan through things. This is the internet not kindigarten. if you love your car is a kidney really that much?
Plus our Camaro's aren't designed to run on reg. Owners manual, PREMIUM fuel...!!!
Old 12-21-2019, 04:43 PM   #32
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Plus our Camaro's aren't designed to run on reg. Owners manual, PREMIUM fuel...!!!
im pretty sure barb drives a 6 cylinder though.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #33
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
That stuff is amazing. I filled up every cylinder of an LS3 that had stuck rings from sitting too long in a warehouse, let it sit for 48 hours and it spun clean after my next attempt. Of course the rings and cylinders were garbage, but that's another matter entirely.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:19 PM   #34
CamaroBarb
Banned

I think I have figured out what may be going on with this car. I filled up last night with premium and went to look at a 02 Trans Am 60k original miles at a Cadillac dealer 75miles away. Camaro ran absolutely perfect the entire day without any problems. I have a suspicion at times I am getting gas mixed with water at the gas station where I fill up a lot. The reason I think this I remember last week or so the car was running great, I stopped for gas and within a few miles it was running terrible. I also know this time of year the ethanol gas is known for collecting water because the tanks are vented to atmosphere. Its the only explanation why it would be back and forth. Of course I know if I put regular in it runs like crap, that's a givin.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:23 PM   #35
CamaroBarb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
In the gas? I have a bottle of that laying around. I was putting a little in my old Camaro 3800 every oil change. Car ran great with that in. But I put it in the engine oil.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:41 PM   #36
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
Quote:
But actually they are. That it why is has 2 programmed fuel curves. One for the good stuff and one for those that run the cheap stuff. The you have to do the fuse pull to get it back in the upper curve after getting the cheap gas out.....
Old 12-22-2019, 06:21 AM   #37
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Not on a V6 87 octane is what is called for.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #38
CamaroBarb
Banned

If you put 87 in this you are instantly treated to the car constantly holding back refusing to accelerate unless you stand on it. Feels like its dragging a house behind it. I tried 89 same thing. 93 then its happy again. Pretty much sums it up something is going on. No check engine light.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:43 AM   #39
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
im pretty sure barb drives a 6 cylinder though.
Oh then I stand corrected. Didn't notice that. Thanks
Old 12-25-2019, 08:47 AM   #40
CamaroBarb
Banned

Since cleaning the MAF and only putting premium in the tank the car has been running perfect. Drove about 500 miles this week and it ran great.

On the looking at cars side of things I found a 1 owner 02 Camaro Z28 red loaded with leather and every option 14k original miles! Car is absolutely show room and they are willing to make a great deal on my Camaro. The color red is not my fav color because it seems to attract cops better than donuts. Car is also 3 hrs away so that makes it tough to just go take a casual look at it. But it is very tempting because it looks just like my old 98.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:22 PM   #41
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
So, I stumbled across this thread and am new to the Camaro scene (received a used 2014 1LT V6 Automatic with 40k miles last year).

Should I be putting fuel treatment and/or injector cleaner in my tank regularly or something?

I also did the whole replace-your-tank-with-high-octane-fuel-and-then-reset-the-cpu-by-pulling-the-fuel-fuse trick in hopes of increasing mpg and/or horsepower. I've been using high octane religiously since then. Am I stupid?
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:47 PM   #42
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
There's no reason to run high octane fuel if your car is stock. Run what the manufacturer states. Pretty sure its 87 octane in the states. More important is to run a top tier fuel. They have detergents to help reduce carbon build up. It is not a bad idea to run a fuel treatment every few fill ups but i think it's redundant if your are running a top tier fuel. Mobil, sunoco ect
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote