Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #183
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The more I read and hear about the Boss, I really believe they hit the nail on the head. Even the price is good value.

Why don't I buy one?

My problem is that I'm a Camaro (Z28) guy.

GM I and numerous others look forward to your response to this really great production car.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
The local Ford dealer has a Boss and it's one bad ass car!

I just hope G.M. doesn't sit on it's hands to long.
If they (GM) know what's good for them, they'll introduce something by year's end, or sooner. GM has nothing to worry about taking the market away from the ZL1. They'll be a market for both cars, especially because of price, performance, and just overall personal preference.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #184
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
I didn't read the whole thread, so if this is a rehash of what someone else said, my apologies.

1. A 450-475hp N/A V8 with a lot of low end torque
2. Pedders suspension STOCK
3. A dual clutch auto transmission (think Ferrari style)
4. Racing seats with an option to delete the rears
5. Lightweight wheels under 20 inches
6. ZL1 brakes
7. Delete options to save weight for the racers

Only problem, this would probably be expensive. This is only my interpretation of a track bred car to compete with the 302 Boss.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #185
wertman94

Drives: 2011 ss rs
I have always been a GM guy. My wife has a new 2ss already, so I am going out on a limb and ordering a new Boss this summer.
wertman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #186
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
I wanted a SHELBY GT500 really badly. Never owned a sportscar before let alone a car at all. Well when I went to go test drive it and buy it, the feeling of want quickly subsided. I felt like I was in a sardine can . The comfort was just way to tight for me. Thats when I went directly to the Chevy Dealer sat in a new CAMARO and signed the papers to My 1st of 2 CAMARO 2SS/RS. I love the feel of the car and the roominess it has. Ford can put a rocket on a mustang and If it's not comfortable to drive than I'm still not gonna buy it
PIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #187
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
I wanted a SHELBY GT500 really badly. Never owned a sportscar before let alone a car at all. Well when I went to go test drive it and buy it, the feeling of want quickly subsided. I felt like I was in a sardine can . The comfort was just way to tight for me. Thats when I went directly to the Chevy Dealer sat in a new CAMARO and signed the papers to My 1st of 2 CAMARO 2SS/RS. I love the feel of the car and the roominess it has. Ford can put a rocket on a mustang and If it's not comfortable to drive than I'm still not gonna buy it
I think you nailed it, that about sums it up for me.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #188
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Saw Boss 302; was not impressed. Sure the ZL1 will stand up to the Boss easily.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #189
jeSSe
my body lie, yet i roam

Drives: 07 Tahoe,97 Firebird Formula
Send a message via Yahoo to jeSSe Send a message via Skype™ to jeSSe
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
I think you nailed it, that about sums it up for me.
ditto. screw ford.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #190
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
I live in Texas I have to have an A/C. It does need power seats both sides. No power windows, no power locks, no Onstar. Lite weight exhaust, and wheels and the new Vette 5.5 L motor.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #191
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Saw Boss 302; was not impressed. Sure the ZL1 will stand up to the Boss easily.
Have not seen a Boss 302 in person. But I have read quite a bit about it.

Tears up the road track and can run 11's with a few bolt-ons. It can run with GT500's at the drags and beat M3 times on a race course.

I am impressed. I hope Chevy can match it with the Z28. I am not so sure they can. The ZL1 is for a different audience.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #192
SuperCarEnthusiast

Drives: N/A
http://www.roadandtrack.com/special-...-play/gallery3

Make this car the new 2013 Camaro. I love the look!
SuperCarEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 AM   #193
SuperCarEnthusiast

I would love to see Jay Leno's twin turbo be the next Z28!

"
Powered by a twin-turbocharged version of the 3.6L direct injected V-6 that is standard in Camaro LS and LT models, Leno’s Camaro blends high performance with surprising efficiency in a racing-ready package. A pair of Turbonetics T-3 turbochargers blows through a custom air-to-air intercooler, force-feeding the engine about seven pounds of boost and lifting its horsepower level to about 425. That’s about 40 percent greater than stock and in normal driving (when the turbochargers aren’t making boost), there’s virtually no penalty in fuel economy over the non-turbocharged 3.6L engine.

“Jay’s Camaro offers style, performance and efficiency in a big way,” said Dewar. “It delivers the power of a Camaro SS on demand, but with the fuel economy of a V-6.”

Supporting upgrades for the turbo system include a larger-capacity Be-Kool radiator and a custom exhaust system, as well as a Centerforce-supplied clutch and pressure plate for the six-speed manual transmission. The tubing for the turbo system is powder-coated blue. The powertrain was designed to deliver consistent, controllable power for both the street and race track. In fact, road racing was a primary mission for the car during its development.

Additional vehicle also support its racing intent:
  • Brembo six-piston brake package
  • Pedders coil-over lowering kit
  • New front fascia with custom fog lamps and integral brake cooling vents
  • Air extractor-style hood
The exterior styling of Leno’s car is the most radical of all the Camaro concepts at SEMA. The front fascia and hood are one-off creations, as are the unique upper and lower grilles and the ground effects package (including a rear diffuser). The heritage-inspired vent styling in front of the rear wheels has been replaced with functional brake cooling ducts.

"

The Jay Leno Camaro would be light and fast; could going into corner turns at much faster speeds and be more nimble; like an European sport car instead of the usual heavy cars of the past and available in automatic transmission is mandatory for me.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #194
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
A Twin Turbo V6 is nice but I would much rather see a naturally aspired V8 in the 5th Gen Z28. I'm thinking a Gen V direct injection, 11:1 compression 5.3 liter or there is also a 5.7 liter for nostalgia. We don't need no fancy hoods, no fancy fascias... just the basics. This is all the Z28 needs to be on the outside, the real magic is under the hood and tied into the chassis...

thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #195
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
This thing has Z28 written all over it.

thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #196
SuperCarEnthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
A Twin Turbo V6 is nice but I would much rather see a naturally aspired V8 in the 5th Gen Z28. I'm thinking a Gen V direct injection, 11:1 compression 5.3 liter or there is also a 5.7 liter for nostalgia. We don't need no fancy hoods, no fancy fascias... just the basics. This is all the Z28 needs to be on the outside, the real magic is under the hood and tied into the chassis...

"We don't need no fancy hoods, no fancy fascias... just the basics. This is all the Z28 needs to be on the outside"

This Camaro has a ground treatment package on it. Plus it has been lowered. I think you are getting ahead of yourself and want to have a no thrill Camaro with a deck out one that is pictured above. I sure you want to have not only a fast, light weight Camaro but a super looker on top of it all. I aim to guess that looks are more important then the weight and performance. I think you and I deep inside know that looks is what it is all about even if you will not admit it here.