Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
batone
2012 2SS/RS vert 6spd

Drives: 2012 Convertible SS/RS
Aftermarket head unit

If this has been asked and answered, I apologize. I searched, but did not find what I was looking for. I have a 2012 SS/RS, it has the Boston acoustics speakers. I am wanting to add an aftermarket nav unit. Pioneer, alpine or Sony. Going to use the schoshe dash kit. My question is what functions if any will I lose? I have back up warning with camera in the rear view mirror and heads up display. Dont think it will mess with anything on the hud, but you never know what all is tied in together. Any help would be appreciated.
batone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
I am about to get the Kenwood DNX891HD installed next week. This is about the best aftermarket system I can find on the internet. There is one step up from mine that incudes wifi but mine will have everything else. The only feature I am told I will lose is feeding radio information to the HUD. There are several youtube videos displaying this unit and other similar units.

Last edited by benji276289; 10-04-2014 at 05:12 AM.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
You can always retrofit the MyLink.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
batone
2012 2SS/RS vert 6spd

Drives: 2012 Convertible SS/RS
Yea, I could, but more expensive than an aftermarket head unit and it would still be stock system.
batone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #5
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hallo,

i have installed a Metra kit 99-3010S with steering wheel control axxess aswc-1. My backup camera works, i have soldered from the oem harness two lines for the video Input. At the end i have soldered a video connector for my kenwood. Works fine. The oem usb connector i have connected to the usb Input cable from kenwood unit. The aux input works over metra kit. The oem mic does not work with my kenwood unit, i have installed the kenwood mic in the interior lighting at the same place of oem mic.I also installed a front backup camera. The gps antenna is placed under the dash at the right side. The oem fm antenna is connected with fakra adapter for european cars like VW.
You will lose the change informations for usb in the HUD. But all other features will work fine. If you take a scosche kit, you have a little touch screen for vehicle settings. Metra has no options for vehicle settings. Therefore i have connected a xia-lcd to Metra kit. I also have installed the scosche, but then my tpms was blocked. Thats why i have changed to Metra kit. Sorry for my bad english language.

Best regards from Germany
opossum
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #6
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Scosche unit installed yesterday. So far, no radio info to HUD, and steering wheel controls are a little buggy. I have to go back Tuesday for an additional installation and for them to tweek the Scosche. Also not getting any OEM controls like tire pressure, speedometer, etc. Lock/unlock buttons also not working.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I haven't been on here much lately but wondering what is available for 2din dash kits now. Is Scosche the only offering right now?