Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 09-02-2020, 09:42 PM   #113
Big Biscuits

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr530 View Post
I don't know what style device you plan to diy, but I built my first version of the ClutchTamer years ago for about $20 using hardware store materials...

The Hillbilly Slipper is amazingly effective, but the cylinder itself is about 13" overall and it's internal spring is stiff enough to add about 25lbs of effort using 3.25" of it's stroke. Here's a link to more info...
DIY Hillbilly Clutch Slipper Install

Here's a simple diy ClutchMasters/Tilton style one-way simple restriction valve that you can build with a spring, nitrous jet, and some hardware store fittings. The nitrous jet is seated against the inlet with a spring, the inlet fitting is chamfered slightly so the jet can seat against it.
...when the fluid travels from the master cylinder, the jet get's blown off it's seat and fluid bypasses the orifice.
...when the fluid travels from the slave to the master, the spring and fluid seat the jet against the inlet fitting, which forces return fluid to travel through the orifice.

Combine it with a solenoid bypass, you will have what's basically a MAP/Magnus style system without the dial adjustment.

If you want the dial style adjustment, just substitute the above diy valve with a Parker F200S Flow Control Valve. Resolution isn't great at the amount of restriction you will need, but it's the same valve used by MAP/Magnus...

If you want a diy version of my Hitmaster valve, i'm not going to help you with that as it is currently "patent pending"

Grant
No worries Grant! Thank you for the information. The last one is what I am going to build. I have a good friend and fellow racer that also does his own work. He had built that same magnus setup for under $150. He is now a 4l80/427 with a big shot now. He said his GTO would cut 1.5 60’ consecutively. He is a bracket racer most of the time. Nitrous was for fun/grudge race stuff.
Big Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:30 PM   #114
Kyle M

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Kyle M Send a message via MSN to Kyle M Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle M Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle M
Lots of great info here. Any actual results from those who did the install?
Kyle M is offline   Reply With Quote