Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-01-2019, 03:15 PM   #15
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Under the right conditions, high 9 second isn't out of the question.
What conditions?
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:18 PM   #16
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #17
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
When people posts times and you call them out...you better be sure you can run the same
at least because if they are telling the truth you will look like a fool.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:08 PM   #18
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
What conditions?

Similar to when I ran the 6.29 1/8 mile except at a 1/4 track and a track that isn't hung up on 6 point bars.

On a side note, the guy in the other lane when I ran the 6.29 was a Demon, cammed, headers, e85, cold air intake, tune on the new big 17" ET Street R tires and skinnies. He ran a 6.33.

That was a good race.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #19
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Hey man lay off...dude says he’s got a 10 second car with lots of bolt on stuff then who are we to argue?
Yea, my bad. I should have never questioned him and his secret 10 sec but under the right conditions 9 sec DD "Sparkly Red" Camaro...lol!!
Quote:
Lots of bolt on stuff
1.36 60'
6.29 1/8 mile

TBD 1/4 mile
So your under the right conditions 9 sec Camaro beat some random Challenger of unknown specs but you weren't racing. Congrats I guess. Here is my story.

I was driving down a road. A Dodge pulled up. I didn't race him but he was way behind me some time after I stepped on the gas. Yay.

And BTW, there is no such thing as "under the right conditions". You either ran a 9 sec and therefore have a 9 sec car or you didn't run a 9 sec and don't have a 9 sec car. Every car on the planet is a 9 sec car under the right conditions. Back in the day we talked about what we actually ran and had slips to prove...not what we could run under the right conditions.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #20
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yea, my bad. I should have never questioned him and his secret 10 sec but under the right conditions 9 sec DD "Sparkly Red" Camaro...lol!!

So your under the right conditions 9 sec Camaro beat some random Challenger of unknown specs but you weren't racing. Congrats I guess. Here is my story.

I was driving down a road. A Dodge pulled up. I didn't race him but he was way behind me some time after I stepped on the gas. Yay.

And BTW, there is no such thing as "under the right conditions". You either ran a 9 sec and therefore have a 9 sec car or you didn't run a 9 sec and don't have a 9 sec car. Every car on the planet is a 9 sec car under the right conditions. Back in the day we talked about what we actually ran and had slips to prove...not what we could run under the right conditions.
Wrong again Blaq. When I empty my catch can, I am under the right conditions for a 9 second run. CATCH CANS BABY!
Old 10-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #21
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Challenger had a family of 8 in the backseat, including a very overweight grandma. And now, you know the rest of the story...
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:08 PM   #22
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Don't get cocky kid. I can't tell a thing based on your sig. Except that you're trying to be secretive for some reason. The only thing I can guess is that you have a Camaro and you smoked a Challenger but you weren't racing. For all I know it could have been a V6 Challenger. So congrats on your ambiguous win/not win in your race/non-race in your Camaro against a Challenger. Good job.

BTW, I raced a 17 SRT8 Challenger in my bone stock 17 ZL1. Although we punched it a different times (he got the jump) I still managed to catch him. His car had impressive acceleration nonetheless. I also raced a RT CHallenger back when I had a FBO 2010 2SS/RS M6 trans. He got the jump on me but I hawked him down by the end of the track. He ran a 13.7 to my 12.8. THAT is how you tell a story. YOUR story is "I drove my Camaro and beat a guy in a Challenger". And your sig is "2013 Sparkly Red One" and "Lots of bolt on stuff". These days "bolt on stuff" could mean mud flaps, vinyl wrap, a wicker bill, a cold air intake, and an axle-back exhaust. Excuse me for not knowing if you meant you have a blower on a built engine pushing 15 psi of boost and raced some guy in a 5.7 L Challenger...
Btw there's no 17 srt8 they dropped the 8 and there called scat pack whatever the hell that is.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:12 PM   #23
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I had a charger pull up beside me with a hellcat hood scoop. Then I saw the gt badge and laugh at him. All the mopar dudes think their cars are so much faster than ours go to the challenger forums and you'll see who's cocky.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:37 PM   #24
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

I just wish I could relate. SRT8, hellcat, all that...why bother? it’s just low hanging fruit to me.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #25
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Did somebody piss in your cornflakes?
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:15 PM   #26
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Fact is the Challenger wanted to race. It was his determination to race that said..."I can beat this Camaro" Well apparently he was wrong. Good job Vegas!
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #27
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
i'm not speed racer a fried of mine at work has 2 5.7 R/T's i wouldn't waste my gas on him. still the only other "muscle car" i would consider buying is a 392 scat pack challenger.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:57 PM   #28
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Did somebody piss in your cornflakes?
You told an incomplete story. I asked for details. You chose not to give any other details except that you have a 10 sec car that you think can go 9 sec under the right conditions. Nothing about the Challenger. So how am I supposed to reply? Was it a V6? V8? Hellcat? Auto trans? Manual trans? Basically you raced a Challenger...and then you got indignant when you were asked details. Hell you could have just said it was a Hellcat or something. But at this point it doesn't even matter. You beat a Challenger. We'll leave it at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Fact is the Challenger wanted to race. It was his determination to race that said..."I can beat this Camaro" Well apparently he was wrong. Good job Vegas!
Or maybe the guy just wanted to have some fun with another performance car and actually enjoyed the race regardless of "losing". What I don't get is that whenever someone pulls up to another car it is always taken as some negative thing where the winner gets to talk shit. Nobody ever thinks that maybe it was just for fun. Back when I have my FBO SS I would seek out other cars all the time from cars I knew were no match (like a GT370) to cars that were a match (like a Mustang GT) to cars that could beat me. Each time it was for fun. If I won I gave a thumbs up and the other guy always did too. If I lost I did the same thing. If the dude in the as yet unknown Challenger saw OP's Camaro and got excited and wanted to have some fun on an otherwise uneventful drive to wherever he was going then I see nothing wrong with that.

Now if you were at a meet or gas station and some prick was talking trash and you whupped him then that is a different thing. But for all any of us know that guy in the Challenger probably enjoyed seeing a really fast car take off. It isn't always some big ego thing where the loser goes home embarrassed and sells his car ya know...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote