Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #15
SSWAG
COTW 6/4/2012

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Homelink Range Issues

For those who are having a range frequency problem with your Homelink, do you have LED (or fluorescent) lights in your garage? If so, and you own a LiftMaster or Chamberlain garage opener, these lights could be causing the problem. None of the Homelinks in my three cars were able to open/close the garage door after I bought LED lights! I spent two hours trouble-shooting this issue with Chamberlain. Supposedly, this is a "known" issue that Chamberlain is aware of. FYI - My garage opener is a LiftMaster 3850 Elite (Belt Drive), purchased in 2006.

I had to buy more updated LiftMaster parts to make it work again (see list below). I was able to fix this Homelink range issue for two of my cars ('11 Camaro 2SS Convertible and '07 Acura TSX). However, the Homelink on my '03 Acura MDX must be too old because it's still not working. I had to buy a new remote control for that car. I'm still trying to resolve this problem with Chamberlain and Acura. :( Before buying LED light bulbs for my garage, which replaced the conventional ones, I never had a problem!

For those of you who don't have Homelink buttons on your G5 Camaro, this might be because you do not have the RS package (just my guess).

Hope this helps!

Jeff

LiftMaster Parts Purchased (Amazon.com pricing as of 10/23/13):
1. 888LM MyQ Control Panel - $31.00
2. 828LM WiFi Gateway - $39.88 *
3. 855LM HomeLink Repeater Kit - $40.70
4. 893MAX Remote Control - $21.88 (I had to get this for my MDX)

Disclaimer: Before buying any of these parts, please consult with Chamberlain support first (800-528-5880).

* This Gateway allows you to download an iPhone or Android app so you can open/close your garage door opener remotely. It also alerts you when your door has closed or if it's still open, whether you're home or away. You may have seen the commercials about this.
SSWAG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garage, homelink, opener