Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #141
454chevelle71

Drives: red
Orange Camaro Buffalo NY

LOOK IN THE GRILL TALK ABOUT CRAZY HAPPENED AFTER DELIVERY
Attached Images

454chevelle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #142
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454chevelle71 View Post
LOOK IN THE GRILL TALK ABOUT CRAZY HAPPENED AFTER DELIVERY

LOL, wow. Although I don't think you meant to post that in this thread.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #143
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
When a car is painted there is a base coat added before the final coats of paint to provide an even distribution of light regardless of what kind of surface it lies on.

The color difference you see is the angle of the front end reflecting light at a different angle than the hood of the car, thus a different color. (We all know about the different "personalities" CGM can provide at different angles of light

Absolutely beautiful color! I suspect its better in person than any picture can provide.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #144
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
the front fascia is on a different plane than the front fender -- and the light makes it look like it does not match - you'll see this when you see the cars in person --

why didn't I think of that .... I noticed exactly what you mentioned on the outline of the hood while I was there, until then I didn't even know that there was any sort of lines/creases on the top of the fenders.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #145
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I've seen both IOM and CGM outside on clear days, and IOM is much more plain looking. Those pictures still didn't capture how that colour really looks. I don't think anything other than seeing it in person would, but even then look at some of those shots of the front end or my shot of the side. There is a big change between direct sun and partial shade, between a surface facing the sky or the ground. When I was there, there were lines that I never knew existed on the car showing up, like the transition between the front fender and the C pillar along the door.
That's been my point the entire time about this color. whether you like the color or not, it shows off the lines and contours of the body better than any other color I've seen. guess it depends on whether or not you appreciate the styling of the car. I do.

BTW, the CGM looks GREAT in the sunlight. I knew it would. And yes, it does definitely have a decidely blue twinge to it, but thats the whole point of a metallic color -- to make it "multi colored" if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the pics to both of you!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #146
2KZ28_For_Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
the front fascia is on a different plane than the front fender -- and the light makes it look like it does not match - you'll see this when you see the cars in person --
I agree.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=14

But, then again, I'm the same person that thought a dirty black car in dark cloudy light was CGM.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #147
BeermanSS

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
I'm kinda meh on the CGM. It doesn't seem to have the metallic flake that the ZR1 I saw at the auto show had. It seems more like the traverse CGM which is really just gray. Now just waiting for the vert, ABM it is. Finally able to decide on color. Props to GM for making color such a hard choice.

P.S. guys you really need to lay off the nitpicking. Its a metallic paint and some of you are all worked up because one part of the car doesn't match the other part. Well, DUH, its metallic, different lighting, different angles, different vehicle behind the camera reflecting off of the Camaro. Jeez. I wish you guys were as active and involved in your govt. as you all have been in over analyzing this car inch by inch.
BeermanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #148
Tracharley

Drives: 2001 Z71
Amen to Beermanss P.S. note
Tracharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #149
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeermanSS View Post
I'm kinda meh on the CGM. It doesn't seem to have the metallic flake that the ZR1 I saw at the auto show had. It seems more like the traverse CGM which is really just gray. Now just waiting for the vert, ABM it is. Finally able to decide on color. Props to GM for making color such a hard choice.
The metallic is certainly there but my camera didn't really pick it up that well except from up close. Also, autoshow lighting tends to make cars sparkle more than regular daylight.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #150
BeermanSS

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
true but i saw cyber gray traverse at same show. just looked different to my eye than the same color on the zr1. not that I would be shocked or appalled that a 100k supercar had higher quality, more expensive paint than a 40k people hauler.
BeermanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #151
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I didn't want to say anything but I also see the front bumper being a little different with the cyber grey in variation..Not as much as other pictures we've seen of IOM however it might be enough for a re-paint.

I'm hoping CGM looks more like this Z06 in real life. The Camaro shots compared to this Z06 look a little different in regards to color. It's like the Camaro's CGM metallic is of a slightly different hue and doesn't quite pop like the Z06 CGM. I wish I could check both out in real life.

Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #152
2KZ28_For_Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I'm hoping CGM looks more like this Z06 in real life. The Camaro shots compared to this Z06 look a little different in regards to color. It's like the Camaro's CGM metallic is of a slightly different hue and doesn't quite pop like the Z06 CGM. I wish I could check both out in real life.

If you did, you would see the POP factor is equal.

I've seen the ZR1, and Z06 many times. The CGM Camaro is the same.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:42 AM   #153
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Great pics and colour. I still say SIM is better for showing the body lines etc. CGM is great but not as great as I had anticipated.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #154
LT1Jeep
Ecstatic Camaro SS Owner

Drives: Jeep(s) [1in pieces] and 2010 SS/RS
the angle the sun is in relation to the angle of the camera as well as any polarizing lense will play a HUGE factor to the way a metallic car will look. you can tell by the shadows that the corvette was taken at more of an angle to the sun. also, its more rounded in the fender and side areas compared to the camaro so the reflections will be very different, again the angles play an important part to the look you get.

I changed my order to CGM mainly for the cleanliness factor after seeing it next to a black car..... but the DEPTH you get from a clean and super shiny mirror gloss black is second to none..... im so torn .... argggh

i figured it out. ill just havta buy a black convertible too. itll be garaged unless its nice out anywy so i wont have to worry about it being dirty. there. all solved..... now, first i need my camaro, THEN start buildiggn a convertible.....