Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #43
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastnlow View Post
The new 5.0 is completely bad ass.
Yes, the ass end of the car truly is a bad design. I'm glad some of you mustang guys agree.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #44
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Why must the ford lovers come here? If you love the mustang so much, take it to one of their sites.
Crap gets way old.
I don't see a problem with the Ford love. The competition between the Camaro and Mustang makes these forum threads more enjoyable (and entertaining) to read. GM enthusiast forums never saw stuff like this in the past because of the relatively weak competition. In this era of financially troubled auto manufacturers, it's just nice to see something positive from ANY of our American Big 3. I will always be diehard GM, but I'm also a proud American.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #45
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Competition makes all brands and makes grow stronger.

Also, this is the "Camaro vs...." section, if you dont like it..GTFO of this board.

Same goes for General Automotive, if you dont want to read about Mustangs..stay the hell out of there too.

Otherwise please, some of us are trying to have a normal conversation without someone having to come in and pick a fight out of some retarded sense of territory.
+1

Your post should be sticky'd on the top of the VS and other car forums.

Seriously how exciting is the Camaro vs ... section going to be if nobody is allowed to talk about anything other then Camaro's.

Grow up guy's and if you want to see how adults handle them self's you should check out the Pic and Vid section on svtperformance where members give props to ANY cool car w/o any of this childish name calling.

I ended up here because I was looking at buying a new SS two years ago and while reading a few posts here in the VS section I learned about how well the GT500 responded to mods and was cheaper then a a supercharged SS, so I decided to buy one.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...os-buffet-149/

Thank you Camaro5.com
Old 07-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #46
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Yes, but Evan Smith is really Jesus so his runs don't count!!
then we should only count the 12.58 stock 3.31 geared 5.0 run by mike, or the stock 12.57 auto 3.15 geared car ?

i cant wait til november or so, im guessing some more 12.5 camaro runs, maybe a 12.4 and some 12.4's or quicker from the 5.0
Old 07-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #47
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
+1

Your post should be sticky'd on the top of the VS and other car forums.

Seriously how exciting is the Camaro vs ... section going to be if nobody is allowed to talk about anything other then Camaro's.

Grow up guy's and if you want to see how adults handle them self's you should check out the Pic and Vid section on svtperformance where members give props to ANY cool car w/o any of this childish name calling.
I don't really see any childish name calling anywhere in this forum except where the Mustang guys hang out. Maybe you should think about that.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #48
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
I don't really see any childish name calling anywhere in this forum except where the Mustang guys hang out. Maybe you should think about that.
Right but who instigates it most of the time? Not saying both sides don't but there is a majority/minority.

I enjoy this site. I really like the 5th Gen. Camaro. Hell I bought one in part due to this site. I am fortunate to have had the ownership perspective from both the new GT and Camaro. Both are great cars and have their pro's and con's. I think a few biased owners will never take the blinders off however and that is something we will have to deal with unfortunately.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #49
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Right but who instigates it most of the time? Not saying both sides don't but there is a majority/minority.
I suppose that depends on what you consider instigating. Almost every post in this thread has been complimentary about the Mustang. Then 1 guy made a post about how he's tired of the Mustang talk (he does have a point, count the threads). Is that instigating? Or are some folks a little too thin-skinned?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #50
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
13.24 thats not too bad considering its just a random mid-summers day run!that still cracks the top 20 on the fastest list here
It's weird, it's like you'll never get it. How many times does your account need to be suspended? Ah, I long for the day where you're permanently banned as snide comments like this are clearly meant to instigate.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #51
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
A buddy of mine wanted to test drive a 2011 5.0 today and that thing is pretty strong. It was 300A Model (Base model) with 3.73 gearing, it had three people that weighed over 215lbs. The car had no problem launching and going thru the gears. IF GM offered the Camaro's in 3.73 gearing from factory, it would've been nice.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #52
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Why must the ford lovers come here? If you love the mustang so much, take it to one of their sites.
Crap gets way old.
No sh*t! Didn't one of these dudes have his account suspended? I have never even seen a mustang forum.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #53
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
It's weird, it's like you'll never get it. How many times does your account need to be suspended? Ah, I long for the day where you're permanently banned as snide comments like this are clearly meant to instigate.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #54
DieselNuts
Spartan Performance

Drives: it like I stole it
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
You call it instigating. I call it stating the facts.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #55
chain777

Drives: Slow
For the life of me, I can't understand why people who come the vs. section of this forum don't see the irony of complaining about the conversation going on between cars other than the Camaro.

Do you all not understand the purpose of an "us vs. them" section?

If you can't stand the conversation here, maybe you shouldn't visit. Not everyone likes to go through life with blinders on.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #56
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
For the life of me, I can't understand why people who come the vs. section of this forum don't see the irony of complaining about the conversation going on between cars other than the Camaro.

Do you all not understand the purpose of an "us vs. them" section?

If you can't stand the conversation here, maybe you shouldn't visit. Not everyone likes to go through life with blinders on.
Of course not, they're too stuck in their "LOLZ CAMARO IS KING! LOLZ" and "Camaro >all hurradurr!" to understand that the two letters "vs" mean "versus" which implies a comparison between the Camaro and another vehicle. Right now the Mustang is the chief rival to the Camaro, and thus, shows up frequently in the "versus" board on this forum.

Now this concept is likely a bit much for some people to comprehend. Along the same lines it is increasingly difficult for people to gather that people would also be discussing the Mustang in the "General Automotive" discussion board on this forum.

Now, allow me to again explain for some so they may avoid threads dedicated to talking about or discussing in comparison the 2011 Mustang.

Chevy Camaro vs...": WARNING!! There could be threads in this forum about the Mustang!!! BEWARE!

"General Automotive..": WARNING!!! There could be threads in this forum about not just the Mustang..but ANY CAR!!!!

If this endangers your furious chest pounding and frantic masturbatory talk, then I would suggest you avoid them.

Closed Thread