Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
CBRpilot

Drives: 2012 SS
Exclamation Dyno results in for typical intake/headers/exhaust SS

So I finally got around to having my 2012 SS tuned at Late Model Racecraft. Mods are CAI intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT's, 2.5" x pipe and Borla XR-1 mufflers. He said I have a small exhaust leak on the driver side header where the collector/reducer meets the 2.5" exhaust. I'm not sure how much that would affect the tune (not much I'd guess), but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Quick side note regarding LMR's customer service: I showed up for my "scheduled" dyno on a Friday to find that their tuner accidentally forgot to book my appointment and had alreayd gone home. Jay's response was nothing short of awesome. He offered to send two of his guys to pick up my car in downtown Houston (25-30 miles from LMR's shop) and tune it and then have them drop it back off. Then he knocked some off the already Camaro5 discounted dyno tune price. Really couldn't be happier with the customer service I received!

Anyhow, baseline numbers were 327 rwhp 349 torque, ended up netting 32 rwhp and 25 torque with the tune. Ended up with 358 rwhp and 375 torque. And oh my jesus christ, new shift points/firmness, AFM delete, and obviously a leaner air/fuel curve and the car feels SOOOOOOOO much better. It's like a different car, seriously.

I haven't done much comparing for cars with similar mods, but I'm not sure if I should be happy with the end numbers or asking questions instead. What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Last edited by CBRpilot; 10-09-2013 at 03:04 PM.
CBRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
What type or dyno does LMR use? An exhaust leak can throw off AFRs in back on the dyno, but I'm sure the put it in the other side so it's fine. Won't hurt the car, but I'd get it fixed. Happy to hear the car feels great! Congrats
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
CBRpilot

Drives: 2012 SS
Just talked to Jay at LMR. They use a DynoJet 224. He said that I'm probably 10hp or less shy of what he typically sees for an auto with the same mods.
CBRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Yea I'd say your pretty close. If its hot out and muggy like here that could be it. LMR has a great rep here and in the Vette community. As long as it feels great your good to go!
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
More importantly, how does it sound!?

The gains seem modest but that could be the dyno, conditions. There are many posts with stock, then CAI, headers, tune overlay around here. I had the manual transmission for results below so keep that in mind.

1) Roto-Fab CAI
2) Kooks 6511-complete (1 7/8" LTH, catted x-pipe, mufflers)
3) Tune by R.P.M. Motorsports (Garner, NC)

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
texjsleigh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS manual
Late Model Racecraft (LMR) dyno tune

I just had LMR in Houston dyno tune my 2010 2SS 6 speed manual. I am extremely pleased with how the car has come alive. So much more fun to drive at lower rpms (2-3k). The car always felt held back until now. Now the car is always breaking loose.
Conditions 43.3 F, 29.9 Hg pressure, and 59% humidity.

The attached image is the "STD" graph with the final pull after dyno tuning. The car has only had the following: Cold Air Inductions intake, and Pfadt long tube headers with cats, and muffler delete. Results: 432 HP and 432 ft-lbs.
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...el_horsepower/
Attached Images

texjsleigh is offline   Reply With Quote