Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #85
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Rock on Renegade!!!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #86
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Its a member on here... he posted it last week. Go to Best Chevrolet FB page and read!!... they got blasted lol
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #87
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Got to love the post whores.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #88
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
I would take out of court settlement of a ZL1 paid in full if it was me or else go to trial. Sue for damages and I cant think of the nomenclature, but something to do with his car not being available and hindering his everyday activities such as work and stuff.

What is the counter suit? Illegal wire tapping?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #89
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Renegade
Old 10-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #90
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
OMG It's on the front page of Yahoo.com now!!!!!
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #91
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254448
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #92
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Onstar should have a feature to bring your car down to 50% performance whenever you turn it over to dealers or valet it. Just push the blue button
That would be great...or have a programmable by owner key similar to the Ford MyKey thing.

Also, they could build on that my Chevrolet app, or whatever it is called, to start recording and storing all the "black box" features, like speed, RPM, throttle position...all of that with the push of a button on the owners phone, leaving a time stamp as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
Awesome. The internet is a powerful tool. People just sitting at their computers made this whole story happen. 10 years ago, the owner would have had little to no recourse.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #93
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
told us in an email that the audio was "misleadingly edited." Clark has said the dealership has threatened to sue him over the audio, but has also spoken with him about buying the Camaro back. The dealership may soon learn that in the Internet era, one burnt clutch can create quite the stink.

soooooo you threatened to sue BUUUUTTTT you will buy the car back
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #94
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
So I’m unclear on the laws on recording in his state, but I believe you have to tell the other person you are recording the conversation in most instances.

on the other hand, you can make recordings in a public arena unless it is expressly prohibited. Im not sure if recording while driving would qualify for a public arena. Also I’m not sure about the legality of publishing said recordings without the people on the recordings consent.

Ever watch cops? the ones with blurry faces didn’t sign the release.

In the end, it’s a well known tactic of companies, to start legislation in cases where they know they are wrong, because the average Joe Smo can’t win because they can’t afford the 100's of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees to last it out, so by default the company wins.

So even though they were sleazebags and did something criminal, they can exclaim to the public they must not of done it because they won the court case.....

Fortunately I don’t think that tactic will work in this case....my theory, the dealership will be "sold" to the owners brother or something and the name will be changed. Couple under new management signs and for a grand total of about $10000 you just got rid of all the bad publicity......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #95
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
this just pisses me off
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #96
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSS_ View Post
hahahaha i can imagine..
I bet you people getting fired left and right
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #97
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I bet you people getting fired left and right
or not.
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #98
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
So I’m unclear on the laws on recording in his state, but I believe you have to tell the other person you are recording the conversation in most instances.
I am pretty sure the law in SC is that only one party/person has to know the conversation is being recorded if it is a live(in person not over the phone) conversation.

Not sure how the law would treat recording someone in your car, while you are not in it.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad dealer, best chevrolet, cc's whore thread, crooked technicians, dealer, dealer abuse, dey see me trollin, easley sc, fraud, issue solved? troll time!, josh, josh looper, shut up and troll, thrashed, torn up camaro, trollin with my homies, voice recorder, white camaro abused, yahoo article, zombie thread