Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-08-2015, 01:32 AM   #15
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I beyond loved it. Met alot of people. Alot!
My favorite Fest for sure.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:01 AM   #16
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Day 1 waa a great time! We were busy all day and enjoyed talking with everyone that stopped by. Thanks to all for spending a little time with us. This is the lowest number of vendors I've seen so far. From a vendor standpoint, I would like to see more here as it is good for the future of the event. From a personal standpoint, I feel like we owe it to the Camaro owners and the forum members to be here and support the people that help make our business successful throughout the year. If you are out and about at the fest today, we invite you to stop by, say hi and check out our display.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:27 AM   #17
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Awesome FEST so far!! Loving it!!

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:09 AM   #18
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Loving the fest and the venue. Wish there were more vendors but I had no problem dropping a chunk of change with the guys at ACS yesterday. Great job with the install and the car looks so much better!
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #19
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Agree ACS did a great job on my install also Car looks sick. I have heard BEST FEST YET a lot! For me It was "The first INDY". Lots of venders showed up at "INDY". I'm going home with Money I could have spent on Installs. ANYWAYS THANKS to the STAFF the PEOPLE behind the SCENE, you did a good job putting this together. The road course "NCM" was a great addition. Even in the rain I had a blast.

Thanks
Skip and Sue

Last edited by skipinminn; 08-08-2015 at 03:07 PM.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #20
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
We're having a great time! Bowling Green was definitely a good call. Hit up the corvette museum and plant tour Thursday, hung out at the dragstrip Friday, Friday night my club and i went to Nashville and that was crazy awesome got back to the hotel around 2am and now were back here at the dragstrip today sweating it out in the sunshine. Awesome fest in my opinion, my best fest yet!
Old 08-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #21
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
The shit-show that happened in the parking lot was a disgrace. Yes, the Mustangs that rolled through we're trying to provoke us, but how to win would have been not to fall for it. Unfortunately that didn't happen. All it would have taken was someone getting seriously hurt, and it could have ended any future 'fests. [/QUOTE]

Details please!
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #22
2010 CamaroSS

Drives: Camaro SS
Anybody care to explain what happened with the mustangs? I guess that happened after i went to bed...
Old 08-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #23
Cmitopgun

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
A bunch of Mustangs cruised through the parking lot and then one did a huge burnout at the entrance of the host hotel. The Mustangs then tried to come back into the hotel but a crowd of us blocked them. Some coloful language and middle fingers ensued. Eventually the Mustangs peeled out down the road but then someone in their Camaro decided to start racing up and down the street and started doing donuts in the street! That is when cops showed up and the Camaro, I think, tried to run. After that I don't know. I miss anything?

ZL1 Front Fascia, Rockers, & Diffuser, LED DRLs and Fogs, 1LT/RS badges from EmblemPros, CAI Intake, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Cat-Back Dual Tip Exhaust, IPF Tune, TF3 style stripe kit, Black OEM high wing spoiler, trunk lid blackout stripe, Nitto Motivo tires, 20" Niche rims, and more to come!
Cmitopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:42 PM   #24
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Fest has been fun -- I did notice if you're not @ the host hotel, you miss out on a lot of other activities -- not much communication if other things are going on (like meet ups or group outings in the evening) to the others who are farther out or this is their first fest and not aware of what 'experienced' fest folks know.

Agree on the vendors -- I was a bit disappointed on the turnout -- but, this is the '6th' fest and it may be they believe not much else is 'going' to happen with the 5th Gen. Perhaps the 6th Gen will change that.

Not sure if there is any 'ending' ceremonies @ the host hotel tonight -- sending off the 5th Gen -- I suspect most are going to head out. I plan on staying and heading out on Sunday -- overall, I've enjoyed the racing and seeing all of the beautiful 5th Gens...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #25
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Awesome time, the parking lot party's is the best part.
One more to go !!

Great job by everyone involved.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #26
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I was really disappointed with how yesterday went. Seemed unorganized (atleast when I got there) and vendors were sparce to say the least. Was happy to see more cars show up today atleast. Thought Indy was better IMO.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #27
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
This is my second Fest (went to Indy in 2013) and it's tough to say which one I enjoyed more. I definitely enjoyed the addition of the NCM Track Day on Thursday, but I think Indy was a lot better in terms of vendor turn-out and set-up. I also liked that Chevrolet brought a lot of vehicles with them to Indy that we could test drive.

I think both were great in their own special ways and it's tough to make a clear cut decision. All in all though I'd definitely call Bowling Green a success. Looking forward to seeing where next years is! Hopefully it's not too far of a drive from NJ
Old 08-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #28
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
How cool would it have been to test drive a 6th Gen? That would have made this one hell of a fest!

But overall, I really enjoyed it and the folks @ the track and parking lot party are awesome! Next time, I'll be sure to book @ the host hotel! So many great people to meet -- wanted to me them all...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote