Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #127
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Why not haggle for lower? Below MSRP sales are not uncommon.
Hopefully if the 2011 Mustang takes off and it just might, below MSRP will be the norm. Sooner or later this will happen.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:46 PM   #128
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brjray View Post
So the Z is coming when?
Rumor is late next year
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #129
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
Dealer, not GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Warning!! Major Rant follows...read at your own peril.

Yes, I am a late comer, but as soon as I found this site, I joined, no lurking. Thanks for the back ground on the "Road to the Camaro".

I don't disagree that the new Camaro is a great car at a good price(otherwise I wouldn't be in line for one). What has got me ticked off is GM's Loyalty program. I'm criticizing GM for not living up to (my) expectations. Great, they're making money now, but it's still my money.

I consider myself a loyal GM customer, owned 3 new Chevs and as many used GMs throughout my life. I get a letter FROM GM in the mail, inviting me to check out their cars and receive $1000 for being a loyal customer. When I go to place my order, guess what? "So sorry, but we won't honor this program on the car you want. Why don't you get a Aveo instead? Don't waste our time asking for a handout." To me, this is the same behaviour as unscrupulous dealers asking $5k over sticker.

I guess that I should just be thankful that GM brought back the Camaro for my pleasure? No, I don't roll over that easy. How about GM thanking us enthusiasts by giving back a little? Being an enthusiast doesn't mean you have deep pockets like the Vette owners . Hey, a $1000 rebate is a cat back system! I'm thinking of ordering a system even before I take delivery. Is that enthusiastic enough for ya?
This sounds like a dealer issue, not a GM issue.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #130
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
I am glad to hear that GM is doing well on sales of the Camaro. Glad I could do my part to help.
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote