Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #43
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannkimmel View Post
again i must say .
as goes gm so goes the country.
watch the recovery begin...from the seat of a CAMARO!!!!!!!!
That should be an ad on TV for Camaro - 'cause it's a good one!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #44
Justcallme61

Drives: 2000 honda accord v6
This gives even more hope for a future Z28. Not only because they see how profitable this car has become and are probably closer to being able to fund it, but because they now realize that people DO in fact like and want v8's, maybe even more than v6's. A special edition model always helps revive the interest, but a Z28 is what almost EVERYONE has been waiting for and looking forward to. If SS sales surprised them now, imagine how surprised they'll be when they see Z28 sales.
Justcallme61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #45
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
This is great news because it was bothering me wondering if the Camaro would be a side project car that could be dropped at a whime

I like the mention of the Z/28!!

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #46
Bogey99

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
Angry

Great news but its a shame that American workers cant prosper with jobs producing this wonderful vehicle. Producing an "ALL AMERICAN" car in a foriegn country should be considered an act of treason. Most people could care less but it bothers me.
Bogey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #47
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey99 View Post
Great news but its a shame that American workers cant prosper with jobs producing this wonderful vehicle. Producing an "ALL AMERICAN" car in a foriegn country should be considered an act of treason. Most people could care less but it bothers me.
Then don't buy one. More for the rest of us.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
This is good news for GM. Selling better and making more profit than they expected. Win win for them. I'm somewhat surprised at how much they are making on the car. GM makes $8000 - $9000 more per sale than it anticipated? I'm not sure how thats possible unless they were intentionally very conservative or base V6's were to be sold at a loss. I estimated some sales percentages and it simply didn't work out unless a strong majority were LS and extremely few were loaded 2SS. But generally, I thought you expected mid level cars with a few options to take the bulk of sales, not plain Jane base models. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
The thing that sucks about this is that for some reason they are INTENTIONALLY trying to steer people away from the V8 car, by inflating the price.
Thats what happens when you combine CAFE and cheap gas. And its likely to get worse in the coming years unless fuel prices rise dramatically because there's pretty much no chance that CAFE is going away.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #49
BRKLYN
Account Suspended

Drives: 98 C-5, Chev/Venture, VTX1300
very good. Now let's keep it that way.
BRKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #50
Bogey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Then don't buy one. More for the rest of us.
You just keep driving your Scion and leave the American cars to people who own one.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #51
Brokinarrow

Quote:
You just keep driving your Scion and leave the American cars to people who own one.
Oooook.... ya see that 2LT RS in the pic?? That would be mine. I had to trade her in for the Scion because I got a paycut at work. Why the scion? Frankly I find the Cobalt and Focus ugly and underpowered (SS turbo was out of my price point). I advise you to know what the f u are talking about before you mouth off next time.

Besides, by your own reasoning, you're not driving an American car either...
Old 01-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #52
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post
...He said GM is making an average of $8,000 to $9,000 (U.S.) more per sale than it anticipated on models with transaction prices in the $35,000 to $40,000 range.
No way....that is definitely a mis-communication of somekind.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #53
Bogey99

Quote:
Oooook.... ya see that 2LT RS in the pic?? That would be mine. I had to trade her in for the Scion because I got a paycut at work. Why the scion? Frankly I find the Cobalt and Focus ugly and underpowered (SS turbo was out of my price point). I advise you to know what the f u are talking about before you mouth off next time.

Besides, by your own reasoning, you're not driving an American car either...
Like I said, leave the American cars to people who own one. Was I not right about that??? Granted the car is made in canada its still an American brand, I was simply making a point that GM is taking away jobs from Americans while producing an American brand car. Yea, that sucks that you have to drive a Scion now. What a downgrade
Old 01-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #54
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Like I said, leave the American cars to people who own one. Was I not right about that??? Granted the car is made in canada its still an American brand, I was simply making a point that GM is taking away jobs from Americans while producing an American brand car. Yea, that sucks that you have to drive a Scion now. What a downgrade
you're tellin me! its ok though, I'll get another Camaro someday....
Old 01-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #55
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
I dont mean to toot my own horn here but...wtf have i been saying all along!?! xD

Back when, i was talking about how much of a huge success the Camaro was and how its the flagship product pulling GM out of its financial crisis...and all i ever got was "its a good car, but its not having that big of an impact" wow thanks, lol...now im going to gloat...cause i never gloat, LOL, so im gonna gloat...^_^...feels good....

As far as the V8 sales go, people realize that a Camaro just isnt a Camaro without a V8 under the hood, and the people that think otherwise are in denial because they bought the V6 to save a few bucks, you have to have the true heart of a Camaro under that skin, Ford guys can buy their V6 Mustangs just to look cool in their sports cars without paying the extra buck but us GM fans know where it counts, looks alone dont cut it in this field, it takes that good ole fashioned 8-valve heart we all know and love =D

Also anyone that doubts a Z/28 will be made is going to be rather disappointed, ive been saying it since the V8 sales skyrocketed and i'll keep saying it cause im confidant it will pan out, the SS Camaro brought in this much money, a higher-tier V8 would just be waayy too much of an economical opportunity for GM to pass up, even if they are trying to "go green" dont forget their first and foremost allegience is too their customers and the profit, thats what keeps them in business, not the government, so yes the Z/28 will be seen, not as a nastalgic thing but purely as a shot to increase profits that much more...which is a win/win for both of us! =D
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #56
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
you're tellin me! its ok though, I'll get another Camaro someday....
And this time you can get an SS...orrr...maybe Z/28 when the time comes?
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote