Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #57
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Look closely....It's a WOMAN driving the car. I'll bet it WASN'T drugs SHE was selling!!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #58
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
so wrong

that video is so wrong on so many levels, i thought she had the orange interior (it was her her), could you not have filmed it in the projects, I saw more boxers than jeans. There is no one with a real job that can afford that setup would be able to live in the projects. Someones tricking or dealing. Not to mention her monthly gov check probable helped.
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #59
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
jeez this thread has gotten so ignorant on so many levels.
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #60
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
jeez this thread has gotten so ignorant on so many levels.
it GOT ignorant on the first post...
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #61
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
I dont have a problem with the brotha's throwing big rims and candy paint on a car.. so long as they have a job that pay's them legally, more power to them, it makes people happy.. if those people are on any kind of government assistance i DO have a right to say what i want to about them personally, because they are taking MY taxes illegally through the government, regardless of race...

This is what is really at the heart of most people's problem with this. I guarantee you that most of the people throwing huge rims on their car are on some type of government assistance, like government housing, food stamps, medicaid, etc.

They need to spend our money more wisely and it has NOTHING to do with race.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #62
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
clearance in the snow...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #63
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
I don't like it either, and realistically having those rims on the vehicle serves no functional purpose except for the attention people get with those rims (as you saw in the video).
However, if that's what's important to those people I'm not one to judge whether or not they deserve it because I'm not in their shoes, maybe they worked their ass off to purchase 10+k worth of rims.
Personally, I think the vehicle looks retarded and it's a big waste of money, but then again I think a convertible is a waste too.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #64
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Yeah, but I've gotta question your judgment on the 28's as your the same one who thought muffler whistles were cool in a previous post!
the whistlers were a joke lol.... an old one but funny one. i loved the people interviewed
Old 02-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #65
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
im sorry, but i think everyone deserves a camaro... except the owner of this one in the video, that i'm willing to bet the farm ... bought it with drug money, and if he's on this forum and he can show me what his 9-5 job is.. i'll retract my statement..
Obviously, you weren't paying very much attention. The driver of the vehicle is a fat white woman with red hair.

Based on your analogy; I would be more inclined to bet the farm she bought it with drug dealing, ass selling, welfare cheque trailor park alcoholic money.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #66
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
oh man the racism and classism is strong in this thread. First off people didn't even watch the whole video and assumed it was a male drug dealer. Then somebody noted that it was a woman and then she had to be a prostitute??? Are you kidding me?

Yes, this person is probably poorer than your average person being in what looks to be a duplex/apartment/townhome neighborhood. But really? You think she is a prostitute? Why can't she be a factory worker living with roommates? You don't think somebody making 40k a year and paying $400/mo on rent could afford 28" rims and a V6 Camaro? give me a break. If I lived in my apartment still. I could easily afford the payments on a Porsche 911 Turbo. Heck maybe even a slightly used Ferarri. But you know what, I had different priorities. I had friends in college with fast and expensive cars that they spent half their paycheck on every month. Some people really like their cars and they are status symbols. To instantly judge somebody so harshly with derogatory generalizations is completely unacceptable. You don't like the car, fine, but to call the woman a prostitute, or the "man" a drug dealer is so hateful that it borders on insanity.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #67
vincewalthers

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Aqua Blue Metallic
I don't care much for the rims... I just really REALLY don't like them on the ABM car....
vincewalthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #68
chevyk1

Drives: CGM Camaro 1Lt
I still dont see why people are assuming she is on gov assistance or did something illegal to get this car all because of the rims she choose. I have never heard of or know anyone on gov assistance to get approved for a car loan of 25k+. People have different taste in what they want their car to look like plain and simple. I have not posted pics yet of my car kinda reluctant seeing how judgments are made on here.
chevyk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #69
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
oh man the racism and classism is strong in this thread. First off people didn't even watch the whole video and assumed it was a male drug dealer. Then somebody noted that it was a woman and then she had to be a prostitute??? Are you kidding me?

Yes, this person is probably poorer than your average person being in what looks to be a duplex/apartment/townhome neighborhood. But really? You think she is a prostitute? Why can't she be a factory worker living with roommates? You don't think somebody making 40k a year and paying $400/mo on rent could afford 28" rims and a V6 Camaro? give me a break. If I lived in my apartment still. I could easily afford the payments on a Porsche 911 Turbo. Heck maybe even a slightly used Ferarri. But you know what, I had different priorities. I had friends in college with fast and expensive cars that they spent half their paycheck on every month. Some people really like their cars and they are status symbols. To instantly judge somebody so harshly with derogatory generalizations is completely unacceptable. You don't like the car, fine, but to call the woman a prostitute, or the "man" a drug dealer is so hateful that it borders on insanity.
Agreed.

Moderators! Where are you?

This thread is displaying ignorance of titanic proportions. Cripes people! I am embarrassed for you by some of the posts that I just read. Are these kinds of threads where people seem to feel a need to pontificate, judge and criticize becoming more and more common around here lately...or is it just me?

I was first attracted to this forum by the idea of people sharing a common and mutual passion for the 5th Gen Camaro. If we can develop a little camaraderie in addition to it all, that's a good thing, but I am not interested in your politics, religion, social commentary and I certainly am not interested in being exposed to bigotry and narrow mindedness.

I guess its the sign of our culture with the Internet and the social media phenomena, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, etc. Places where we think that somehow others are interested in our opinions, even if sometimes those opinions are expressed with a lack politeness, civility and respect.

Alfie
Old 02-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #70
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
These wheels make me wanna just.............................................. ..

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote