Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-31-2021, 12:49 AM   #379
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Well, this will be the final post to the thread of the legendary Ruby.
It's sad for me to hear that, just remember that you are known around the world- I'm not sure if you remember but I sent you a screen shot from my Chinese Camaro club where they were speaking highly about you!

Because of your involvement, dedication and honesty your legacy will continue to inspire and motivated others. Enjoy retirement!
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 10:53 PM   #380
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
You and Ruby are legends here, ma'am! Thanks for sharing and playing along for so long and best wishes to you and your hubby!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 05:50 PM   #381
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
It's sad for me to hear that, just remember that you are known around the world- I'm not sure if you remember but I sent you a screen shot from my Chinese Camaro club where they were speaking highly about you!

Because of your involvement, dedication and honesty your legacy will continue to inspire and motivated others. Enjoy retirement!
I remember it very well & was thrilled. I only wished I could have gotten a translation of the article & maybe a copy of it. But thanks ever so much for sending me the screen shot! !
Old 01-01-2022, 06:07 PM   #382
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Very sad o hear Ruby is going but the important thing is all the friends and extended family it has brought you. That stuff never goes away and I look forward to many more of your posts and involvement in the Camaro world.
Old 02-05-2022, 02:35 PM   #383
RubyCamaro
Jan

My new car got delayed. Even though I had put down a deposit on the car that was "on the boat", someone scooped it up before It arrived. So..... they have ordered me a 2022 model with the same set-up, plus some things I was not getting on the other one, and for the same deal/price. Works for me. I'm in no hurry.

I just spent a couple hours reading back through this thread & some of the linked threads in it. I had forgotten some of the things I read through. Long live Camaro5. Way too many of my great memories live here for it to ever go down. Ok, so maybe I'll still check in here occasionally.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:08 PM   #384
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
So much history in these threads. We all got to experience the joy of Camaro's revival - even if it was for a short while. I for one am thankful to get a Gen5 and build during what was the best time for muscle cars - and I lived through both Eras...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 12:15 AM   #385
RubyCamaro
Jan

Well, the deed is done. I said goodbye to Ruby this evening & brought home the Mazda CX5. I only teared up a little. It was time. Ruby even let me know it was time as we noticed a crack on the dash as we drove her to the dealership. I was shocked. As much as I protected that car from the ceramic tint even on the windshield, to her almost always being either covered in a garage, carport or under a car cover, conditioning the dash regularly, even had a dash cover to use when she was outside & still it cracked. Things are starting to go south. The fabric is coming loose from the door panels too. Mechanically, she is still awesome, but I am not able to race any more or tolerate being out in the heat at car shows & events. Just time for a new phase of life. Anyway. Here are the last pics of Ruby & some of the new car. BTW, I named the new one Ruby Too.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2022, 11:40 PM   #386
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Congrats and thanks for the memories and all you shared! Been a fun ride. Hard to believe how long ago it all started.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:05 AM   #387
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Congratulations on getting your new car! I'll miss hearing about your stories too.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 11:18 PM   #388
RubyCamaro
Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
Congrats and thanks for the memories and all you shared! Been a fun ride. Hard to believe how long ago it all started.
I know, right? Time sure has flown by.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-30-2023, 11:43 PM   #389
RubyCamaro
Jan

Just checking in. I see things are still pretty slow on the forum. I was surprised to see this thread only down to the second page of threads. Anyway, I'm still kicking. Enjoying retirement, doing crafts, jewelry making & acrylic & watercolor painting. My husband has seen RubyCamaro driving around town so she is still local. I am so glad I had my fun with her while I was able because I sure could not do it now. Enjoying this new phase of life. I do miss my Camaro comrads though. PS: I did keep the hood liner. It along with Hubby's Pink Floyd Hood liner are now garage decor.
Old 07-02-2023, 11:23 PM   #390
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
That hood liner was a work of art — glad things are going well…
I too miss the ‘busy’ days here…

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 08:52 AM   #391
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Hello again, yeah as hammdo said, that hood liner was a true work of art! I'm so glad you did keep that! I sure as heck would have. You don't see to many folks doing anything like that to their liner. And yeah, this forum isn't like it used to be back when I joined, seems to be more problems people are having vs what they are modding, or wanting to do. Glad you are doing well, and wish you all the best!! Cheers!!

Tags
rubycamaro