Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-03-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
Zl1Dreaming

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Christmas came early, sort of

I finally pulled the trigger on the mod wish list for my ZL1.
Everything except the LT headers will be here today. ID 1050x injectors, 18% pulley, belt, relocation bracket, LT headers with HF cats, auxiliary fuel pump and flex kit. JRE was great to work with as always .

Can’t wait to start the installs !
The English language makes absolutely no sense. You park on a driveway and drive on a parkway. Hemorrhoids are in your as* and asteroids are in the sky. I fully understand why less and less people speak proper English.

RotoFab CAI, ATI Balancer, 22.5% OD pulley, Dynatech 1 7/8” LT headers with Dynatech HF cats, DSX auxiliary pump, DSX flex fuel sensor, ID1050x injectors, 174 Thermostat , Moroso catch can , Metco breather, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge , JRE Tune, ..that’s all (for now).

I am addicted to power, will work for mods.
Zl1Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Good stuff! Congrats. That ought to make it feel a bit stronger.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:14 PM   #3
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
Sweet, let the modding begin.
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:18 PM   #4
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Congrats!! I assume it is the DSX Aux pump and flex fuel? I would like to hear your feedback once installed. I have been on the fence on the best fuel system.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:21 AM   #5
Zl1Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
Congrats!! I assume it is the DSX Aux pump and flex fuel? I would like to hear your feedback once installed. I have been on the fence on the best fuel system.
Yes, DSX Aux pump and flex. I hear good things about it and went that way because of my research.

It’s going to be a while before everything is done, but I fully intend to post back with the results.
The English language makes absolutely no sense. You park on a driveway and drive on a parkway. Hemorrhoids are in your as* and asteroids are in the sky. I fully understand why less and less people speak proper English.

RotoFab CAI, ATI Balancer, 22.5% OD pulley, Dynatech 1 7/8” LT headers with Dynatech HF cats, DSX auxiliary pump, DSX flex fuel sensor, ID1050x injectors, 174 Thermostat , Moroso catch can , Metco breather, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge , JRE Tune, ..that’s all (for now).

Old 12-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1Dreaming View Post
I finally pulled the trigger on the mod wish list for my ZL1.
Everything except the LT headers will be here today. ID 1050x injectors, 18% pulley, belt, relocation bracket, LT headers with HF cats, auxiliary fuel pump and flex kit. JRE was great to work with as always .

Can’t wait to start the installs !
Congrats and thank you for your order.

I look forward to tuning this for you.

Merry Christmas.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #7
Pogoattack84
Shred Till I'm Dead

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Summit White
Quote:
Not to thread jack but I have had mine for over 3 years never had any issues, super simple install and easy to use.

Can't beat the price and quality.

Mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Stainless Works 3" Exhaust, 1-7/8" Stainless Works LT Headers, 2.55 Griptec Upper, Metco Damper, 9.1" Metco Lower Ring, Metco Solid Isolator, Metco Idler Relocation Bracket/50mm Idler, Texas Speed Heads/Pushrods/Springs/Retainers/SS Valves/Custom Grind Cam, ARP Bolt Kit, DMS Auxiliary Fuel Pump Kit With Flex Fuel Sensor, ID1300 Injectors, Lingenfelter Dual Fan HX, Lingenfelter 160 Degree Thermostat, DMS Expansion Tank

Tuned By Matt at Dedicated Motorsports - 750whp on E85 - Mainline Hub Dyno
Pogoattack84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #8
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Nice Christmas gift!!!!!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #9
Zl1Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Congrats and thank you for your order.

I look forward to tuning this for you.

Merry Christmas.

Ted.
Probably not as much as I look forward to you tuning it Ted.

You guys are awesome!

Old 01-17-2020, 07:06 PM   #10
Zl1Dreaming

Quote:
Well, the installs went smooth and all is done/running well for weeks.

The DSX Flex Fuel is a breeze. Simple and straight forward. It’s more confusing and intimidating reading the instructions, than doing the work. Basically, you unplug the fuel line and plug the sensor in between . Then run the wire from the newly installed sensor to the designated pin on the ECM. Another wire runs from the flex sensor to an ignition coil. It’s easily done. If I had to do another one I could probably accomplish it in under 15 minutes.

The DSX auxiliary fuel pump is a well thought out, well engineered kit. It’s nice to see aftermarket engineering that is made to OE standards. Right down to the length of the hoses and the wires, everything is well done and planned out. My compliments to DSX.

On a side note, if drilling a hole in your fuel tank is not your thing, get some help with this part of the install. Use an air drill and ditch the old school drop lights when working with fuel. Run your car down to near empty and lift the rear to pitch the fuel away from where you are drilling.

The idler relocation bracket was an easy install, as was the thermostat. I took advantage of the extra room while I was doing the relocation bracket and tossed the thermostat in at the same time.

As far as the injectors go, that wasn’t my favorite part of the mods. It was about 90 minutes of angling and working pitches to get everything removed and seated. The front bolt that everyone shaves down can be done without the trim. An open ended wrench standing straight up will work on that poorly placed bolt. I would skip the grinding and depositing metal shavings everywhere. I didn’t enjoy this part of the mods, but wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.

Someone on here said the header install was one of the easiest he had ever done. I would have to agree. My 79 Camaro small block was a bear in comparison. No mods to do with the Dynatech headers on the ZL1, everything unbolted and bolted up easily. Plenty of clearance and room to work. No regrets and it sounds awesome. The High Flow cats bolted up exactly and fit like a charm. No leaks, no issues and no problems.

I haven’t run E85 through the tank yet. Winter is here in the North East and I don’t want to store it with E85 in the tank. I can’t wait until spring when I can introduce E85 into the equation. The headers, high flow cats, DSX auxiliary pump and injectors are supporting mods. The only power difference I am really experiencing is the increase in lower pulley size (10% OD versus the new 18% OD). I can definitely feel that difference . Even with the Toyo R888R’s , punching the throttle at 35-40mph will break the tires loose. The car woke up and has a new personality.

I bought everything from JRE and Ted Jannetty did the tune. It’s flawless. The power is absolutely instant. The car drives like its 100% stock. No check engine light, no reliability issues, no stalling, smooth idle and no issues at all. Thanks Ted and crew. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy anything from JRE.

All in all, I would do everything again and recommend it all to anyone looking for some solid increases.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:07 AM   #11
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Thanks for the feedback on the aux pump and congrats on a nice build.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:43 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1Dreaming View Post
Well, the installs went smooth and all is done/running well for weeks.

The DSX Flex Fuel is a breeze. Simple and straight forward. It’s more confusing and intimidating reading the instructions, than doing the work. Basically, you unplug the fuel line and plug the sensor in between . Then run the wire from the newly installed sensor to the designated pin on the ECM. Another wire runs from the flex sensor to an ignition coil. It’s easily done. If I had to do another one I could probably accomplish it in under 15 minutes.

The DSX auxiliary fuel pump is a well thought out, well engineered kit. It’s nice to see aftermarket engineering that is made to OE standards. Right down to the length of the hoses and the wires, everything is well done and planned out. My compliments to DSX.

On a side note, if drilling a hole in your fuel tank is not your thing, get some help with this part of the install. Use an air drill and ditch the old school drop lights when working with fuel. Run your car down to near empty and lift the rear to pitch the fuel away from where you are drilling.

The idler relocation bracket was an easy install, as was the thermostat. I took advantage of the extra room while I was doing the relocation bracket and tossed the thermostat in at the same time.

As far as the injectors go, that wasn’t my favorite part of the mods. It was about 90 minutes of angling and working pitches to get everything removed and seated. The front bolt that everyone shaves down can be done without the trim. An open ended wrench standing straight up will work on that poorly placed bolt. I would skip the grinding and depositing metal shavings everywhere. I didn’t enjoy this part of the mods, but wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.

Someone on here said the header install was one of the easiest he had ever done. I would have to agree. My 79 Camaro small block was a bear in comparison. No mods to do with the Dynatech headers on the ZL1, everything unbolted and bolted up easily. Plenty of clearance and room to work. No regrets and it sounds awesome. The High Flow cats bolted up exactly and fit like a charm. No leaks, no issues and no problems.

I haven’t run E85 through the tank yet. Winter is here in the North East and I don’t want to store it with E85 in the tank. I can’t wait until spring when I can introduce E85 into the equation. The headers, high flow cats, DSX auxiliary pump and injectors are supporting mods. The only power difference I am really experiencing is the increase in lower pulley size (10% OD versus the new 18% OD). I can definitely feel that difference . Even with the Toyo R888R’s , punching the throttle at 35-40mph will break the tires loose. The car woke up and has a new personality.

I bought everything from JRE and Ted Jannetty did the tune. It’s flawless. The power is absolutely instant. The car drives like its 100% stock. No check engine light, no reliability issues, no stalling, smooth idle and no issues at all. Thanks Ted and crew. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy anything from JRE.

All in all, I would do everything again and recommend it all to anyone looking for some solid increases.
Thank you for the detailed write up it was a pleasure working with you.

Thank you for your business, and support.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote