Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #29
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Great, everyone is going to Carlisle and leaving me hangin' at the Camaro Nationals...

I understand though... It's not a "show" with events and the vendors were pretty scarce. It's a shame because the setup is pretty large and has the potential of being a blast.

I would like to check out Carlisle as well, but I have committed to showing my car with SLP again at the Camaro Nationals in Frederick.

Honestly, I think it would be better if all the C5 people that attended would pull together in one area so we can all meet each other and talk. That's what made the Fredricksburg meet so much fun.

I hope those that go to the GM nationals have fun, take pics, tell stories. Those that are coming to the Camaro Nationals please stop by the SLP booth inside and come say hi!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #30
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
I have never went to Frederick because we have a lot of non Camaro customers who go to Carlisle.. Also..having it the same weekend kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #31
PhoenixZL1
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I wish SLP would go back to the GM Nationals, used to enjoy visiting their booth there every year. Not like you can buy something and take it home from the show but I enjoy seeing some of their creations and seeing a look at what they offer.
PhoenixZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #32
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I have never went to Frederick because we have a lot of non Camaro customers who go to Carlisle.. Also..having it the same weekend kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
I wish SLP would go back to the GM Nationals, used to enjoy visiting their booth there every year. Not like you can buy something and take it home from the show but I enjoy seeing some of their creations and seeing a look at what they offer.

Last edited by SS4Fun; 03-01-2013 at 06:25 AM.
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #33
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
I would expect them back this year (not 100% sure). In the past, I have seen them in the Tom Henry booth...so they may have been there last year.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #34
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
Just putting it out there......... Saturday is the day to be at the GM Nationals (IMO). I'm sure it's probably the same for the Camaro Nationals. Even some of the vendors start packing it up late morning Sunday.

Thanks, but I am already committed to the Camaro Nationals. I still will try to go to GM Nats on Sunday.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #35
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I would expect them back this year (not 100% sure). In the past, I have seen them in the Tom Henry booth...so they may have been there last year.
Not sounding too promising again this year..... but, oh well their loss!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Thanks, but I am already committed to the Camaro Nationals. I still will try to go to GM Nats on Sunday.
That's cool..... can't go wrong either way!!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #36
gmcarlisle

Drives: anything and everything
Hi Everone,

I created an account on here just to keep everyone in the loop for the 2013 GM Nationals. SS4fun asked me to post some basic info on here. I'm glad to see so many supportive 5th Gen guys coming out for the show. I just thought I would give you a basic breakdown of the show for this year:

- We are celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Turbo Buick program (1978-2013), so we should have a bunch of Grand Nationals, Turbo Ts, and maybe even a few GNXs

- We have Bobby Allison lined up to come in as a special guest for Saturday. He is doing autographs and pictures

- I am making a really big push for clubs this year, as we need club support to pull off a good show. Here are a few basic guidelines for clubs:

* Club registrations under a common club name (Camaro5.com, Upstate C 5, etc) will put you in the running for a free tent. 25 cars or more = free tent to use for cooking, socializing, etc.
Be sure to agree on whatever club name you use, as we will count cars based on the club they register with.

* Clubs will be asked to park their cars in the approriate classes (this makes voting much easier), but they will have their tent placed as close to the cars as possible

* With you being 5th Gens, you will all be in the same area anyway, so there will be little seperation of your member cars

* We welcome any and every GM to the show, so don't be afraid to bring multiple cars

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post and I will check on here frequently to keep everyone in the loop. I look very forward to meeting everyone this year at the show!

Tyler Staley - Event Manager, Carlisle GM Nationals
gmcarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #37
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Thanks for the info Tyler. This clears up some of the things I was wondering about.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #38
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcarlisle View Post
Hi Everone,

I created an account on here just to keep everyone in the loop for the 2013 GM Nationals. SS4fun asked me to post some basic info on here. I'm glad to see so many supportive 5th Gen guys coming out for the show. I just thought I would give you a basic breakdown of the show for this year:

- We are celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Turbo Buick program (1978-2013), so we should have a bunch of Grand Nationals, Turbo Ts, and maybe even a few GNXs

- We have Bobby Allison lined up to come in as a special guest for Saturday. He is doing autographs and pictures

- I am making a really big push for clubs this year, as we need club support to pull off a good show. Here are a few basic guidelines for clubs:

* Club registrations under a common club name (Camaro5.com, Upstate C 5, etc) will put you in the running for a free tent. 25 cars or more = free tent to use for cooking, socializing, etc.
Be sure to agree on whatever club name you use, as we will count cars based on the club they register with.

* Clubs will be asked to park their cars in the approriate classes (this makes voting much easier), but they will have their tent placed as close to the cars as possible

* With you being 5th Gens, you will all be in the same area anyway, so there will be little seperation of your member cars

* We welcome any and every GM to the show, so don't be afraid to bring multiple cars

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post and I will check on here frequently to keep everyone in the loop. I look very forward to meeting everyone this year at the show!

Tyler Staley - Event Manager, Carlisle GM Nationals
Thanks....... Tyler!!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
gmcarlisle

Drives: anything and everything
Always happy to help!
gmcarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #40
PhoenixZL1
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Having all the same model year in one area is a huge bonus, IMO. That was a huge disappointment with the Camaro Nationals in Frederick as I seemed to have no 5th gens parked anywhere near me. If anyone is thinking about getting a Camaro5 group together for the GM Nationals, I'd love to be a part of it.
PhoenixZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #41
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Having all the same model year in one area is a huge bonus, IMO. That was a huge disappointment with the Camaro Nationals in Frederick as I seemed to have no 5th gens parked anywhere near me. If anyone is thinking about getting a Camaro5 group together for the GM Nationals, I'd love to be a part of it.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272494

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #42
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
I might be biased by liking/preferring Carlisle since it's near where I live. ;-) I was hoping to make it to Carlisle this year, but will be volunteering.

And my 2 weeks of guard duty are almost always during Carlisle, so I've been lusting to go for a while now. I never knew they had one in MD......