Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-16-2016, 12:34 AM   #1
b4wheeler

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
Coupe vs Convertible spoilers

What is the difference between the coupe and convertible spoilers. I am going to put a Havoc spoiler and diffuser on my 2011 vert and want to know if I am going to hit any roadblocks.
Thanks
Old 03-16-2016, 08:09 AM   #2
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
The radio antenna is in the spoiler. Depending on how much room is in your new spoiler, you can move the antenna into it or I've seen a thread where someone moved it to the back bumper area.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #3
2Intense

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1/SS View Post
The radio antenna is in the spoiler. Depending on how much room is in your new spoiler, you can move the antenna into it or I've seen a thread where someone moved it to the back bumper area.
I want one of the z28 spoilers like the one below but I get concerned when in the description they say things like,"convertibles may require minor modifications to accommodate the antenna"

WTF is minor? I don't want to buy it till I know what that means?

Anyone have a recommendation for a similar spoiler without antenna issues for those of us with verts?

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/201413415289
2Intense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:01 AM   #4
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
I put that Z28 spoiler on my vert, I did a write up on the process. It's pretty easy, I ended up putting my antennae in the spare tire well and it still works great!

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #5
2Intense

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
I put that Z28 spoiler on my vert, I did a write up on the process. It's pretty easy, I ended up putting my antennae in the spare tire well and it still works great!
Link to write-up?
Old 04-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #6
The Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Intense View Post
Link to write-up?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423054

Feel free to message with any questions. It is a quick install and took about an hour in total once I realized that I had to cut the antennae to remove it from the spoiler. I still get radio stations 60 miles away with only half the antennae mounted in the spare tire well.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:23 AM   #7
2Intense

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423054

Feel free to message with any questions. It is a quick install and took about an hour in total once I realized that I had to cut the antennae to remove it from the spoiler. I still get radio stations 60 miles away with only half the antennae mounted in the spare tire well.
Tried to PM you but phone kept giving me error so you could have several from me...

My main question: How did you get dealer to cover paint damage under original spoiler?
Old 04-08-2016, 09:10 AM   #8
The Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Intense View Post
Tried to PM you but phone kept giving me error so you could have several from me...

My main question: How did you get dealer to cover paint damage under original spoiler?

I just took it in and said, "Hey, I removed the spoiler and the paint underneath has rubbed off." Dealer looked at it and said, "Unacceptable, take it to our paint department, we'll fix it." That simple. I didn't buy the car from them either.

I also had my SS badges get a couple of rock chips and they replaced those under warranty.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:37 AM   #9
tothyuo

Drives: BMW
you can move the antenna into it or I've seen a thread where someone moved it to the back bumper area.
tothyuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:19 AM   #10
2Intense

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothyuo View Post
you can move the antenna into it or I've seen a thread where someone moved it to the back bumper area.
Yeah, I've moved it into the bumper, and just like the guy who posted that one, FM is good, AM is terrible.