Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
Jon@MagnaCharger

Drives: Anything Supercharged
Magnuson Buyers Beware

Lately there have been more Unauthorized Magnuson sellers popping up online. We here at Magnuson want our current and potential customers to have the best supercharging experience possible so we make sure that all of our AUTHORIZED dealers adhere to standards conducive with a positive buying and customer service experience. We understand that your supercharger purchase is a large investment and that in this difficult economic climate saving a few dollars can go a long way. However we do recommend that everyone does their homework and doesn't just jump on the "too good to be true" prices out there. When you purchase through an Authorized Magnuson Dealer you can rest easy knowing that these dealers have a positive history with Magnuson Products and that they are not a fly-by-night operation working out of their home garage (typically if there is no physical shop location listed on their website they are probably not an Authorized Dealer). These are industry professionals that bring years of knowledge and experience to the table and can offer you sound advice and service. If anyone has a question about if a potential seller is an Authorized Magnuson Dealer please feel free to email me at jon.barrett@magnusonproducts.com or call me at 805.642.8833 x255.

We would like to express our sincerest thanks to our dedicated Authorized Dealers, Customers, and Fans out there. We are committed to delivering top-quality products as well as an industry-leading level of customer service - which wouldn't be possible without our fantastic network of Authorized Dealers.
Jon@MagnaCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Well Said Jon, I think I am speaking for the rest of the Authorized Dealers and end users on this site, we all appreciate Magnuson's support and willingness to keep the bad seeds out of this market. I have seen far to many people get screwed by fly by night non-brick and mortar businesses that do not have the desire or ability to service the customer after the sale.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
I have not been to your site lately but I do not remember seeing a list of authorized dealers anywhere.(I may be wrong,I usualy am )
If there isn't one,how hard is it to work one up and have them listed by the state that they are in?
Just a thought.
PS... I already have my Maggie,but knowing where an authorized service shop close by is would be handy if ever needed.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
DandD

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2011 LS
So how are these unauthorized dealers getting the superchargers? Are they being sold to them by Magna Charger and if so, who's really to blame here? I'm not in the market for a supercharger just wondering about that. I realize that someone can buy 1 unit, but if someone other than an authorized dealer buys say 5 or 10 and then sells them himself, the order for 5 or 10 units at that cost should send up a red flag if it isn't an authorized dealer. I'm not trying to bust anybody's b@ll$ here just wondering.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
Jon@MagnaCharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearcamaro View Post
I have not been to your site lately but I do not remember seeing a list of authorized dealers anywhere.(I may be wrong,I usualy am )
If there isn't one,how hard is it to work one up and have them listed by the state that they are in?
Just a thought.
PS... I already have my Maggie,but knowing where an authorized service shop close by is would be handy if ever needed.
We are actually in the final stages of the implementation of our new website and will include an up-to-date dealer locator (and should hopefully be an interactive, google maps based system). If anyone is ever looking for an Authorized Dealer in their area we would be more than happy to help them find one, all you have to do is call or email.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandD View Post
So how are these unauthorized dealers getting the superchargers? Are they being sold to them by Magna Charger and if so, who's really to blame here? I'm not in the market for a supercharger just wondering about that. I realize that someone can buy 1 unit, but if someone other than an authorized dealer buys say 5 or 10 and then sells them himself, the order for 5 or 10 units at that cost should send up a red flag if it isn't an authorized dealer. I'm not trying to bust anybody's b@ll$ here just wondering.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
Jon@MagnaCharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandD View Post
They are not getting them directly through Magnuson.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
DandD

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2011 LS
OK I get it, thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Glad to see support

I want to be the first to say that we are a BRICK AND MORTAR BUILDING

Keep up the good customer service and you will have "Customers for life" (Book by CARL SEWELL)
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #10
Tyler@ExtremePerformance

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Well said!
Tyler@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #11
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
The support is appreciated!!!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley