Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #169
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
wtf

ok how much closer do you want it to look to concept? 40k what do guys at the dealer know anyway t40k sounds like what they would like to sell it for. THERE IS A LOT OF BITCHING.... I JUST thank god i can have an ls3 in coupe form with a back seat......
Z/28orSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #170
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Is this the RS/SS or just the SS?
Old 08-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #171
FirstCamaro

Drives: Looking
No deal breaker ... yet.

If it looked more like I was drawn to originally in the concept, it would be easy to sign off and order that car sight unseen in real life. No worries. As for now, I can go over my build list with the dealer to see costs. However, order or money transactions can't take place until I physically see and touch one from one of the 12 folks in front of me on the list.

Last edited by FirstCamaro; 08-25-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Missing word
FirstCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #172
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
Is this the RS/SS or just the SS?
thats the V6 RS

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #173
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
thats the V6 RS
I meant from the pictures posted.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #174
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
I meant from the pictures posted.
oh its just the SS not RS/SS

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #175
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
ok how much closer do you want it to look to concept? 40k what do guys at the dealer know anyway t40k sounds like what they would like to sell it for. THERE IS A LOT OF BITCHING.... I JUST thank god i can have an ls3 in coupe form with a back seat......
come on now ... the guy has a right to complain its only his true feelings...some of us are picker than others or have different tastes...no need to chastize anybody for it

he wasn't mean or disrespectful in his critiques...
Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #176
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro View Post
No deal breaker ... yet.

If it looked more like I was drawn to originally in the concept, it would be easy to sign off and order that car sight unseen in real life. No worries. As for now, I can go over my build list with the dealer to see costs. However, order or money transactions can't take place until I physically see and touch one from one of the 12 folks in front of me on the list.
yeh bro i was just like you...concept was just pure godliness...but the people who made the car only made changes because of regulations and tried as much as they could to keep it looking exactly like the concept...unfortunately government regulations are a part of the car building process and the only way to change that would be to make the car a higher priced car where i believe there is less regulations but that would go against what the camaro is all about
Old 08-25-2008, 07:18 PM   #177
dadgordon

Drives: "95 grandcherokee/fordminivan
Great shots,espeacially that nose to nose with the other heavy hitter, tight shots guys!
dadgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #178
chevydude26

what color is this car and will it be available as an option??? since the concept convertible orange is not an option i want this one
Old 08-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #179
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
ChevyDude, it's good to have you on the other side of this conversation. You really are very skeptical, and that makes your arguments that much stronger.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:28 PM   #180
Saladbar

Drives: 2006 TBSS
Looks great to me... Might need a tad larger wheel combined with lower profile tires. I wonder if there's gonna be a "bigger" factory spoiler option? Something with just a little more flare to it. That's all it's missing IMO.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #181
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Now that looks right on snazzy. Can't wait to see it in actual color-colors, though. Easier to photoshop.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #182
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro View Post
This better?
Am I picky? Of course! There are a lot of cars to choose from at this price level. Sure it may be a lighting issue. Or, an angle of the drawing vs. the photo.

As my user name implies, I am not a die hard Camaro owner. However, I am one who was inspired by what Chevrolet appeared to be coming out with. As such, my money can wait on the table or better yet in my pocket. No offense to anyone here that truly loves the new car, but as I said in my first post of concern I will need to see it in person to see if it lives up to what it could have been.
A couple of things... you are actually comparing an artist's rendition against an actual photo. Again, at the risk of repeating myself... check out this picture from the salesperson reference guide (I included it below so there is no confusion here). Now look at the picture of the two camaro's facing each other on the bottom there. One is the production LT/RS and the other is the concept. Look real close at the two. They are about as close to each other as you can get when making the transition from a anything goes concept to a street legal production vehicle that you can own. Where do you see all of these differences about the hood being longer, the curves of the sheet metal being so dramatically different? Don't compare two different photo's and think they are equal. The only real way to compare them is in a photo like this where they are actually side by side or in person. Any other way your perception will be distorted because the pictures are not taken at the same angle, with the same lens, with the same lighting, the same distance from the camera, all of which play a significant role on how the subject of the picture appears in the image.

Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote