Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #729
SSchase

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS LS3
took mine on a little drive today down the coast. heres some pics.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #730
rad

Drives: Ordered 1/22/10: SW 2LT/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSchase View Post
took mine on a little drive today down the coast. heres some pics.

Wow, those shots are incredible. Every time I see Summit White I do a once-over. So classy. I'm a camera bug and obsess where I'm going to do a photo shoot of my baby once I decide what I want. LOL. Sick but true.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #731
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeSS View Post
goodluck finding the one you want.. i also couldnt find one anywhere near.. then one day i passed my local dealer and it was there.. i stopped and got it the next day.. car was on lot for 2 days jaja
How much time did you have to wait before it appeared, Jorge? Why didn't you just order one if you knew what you wanted?

I've had people check the system of neither of my choices are even on order. Not too many folks driving SW Camaros.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #732
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Your right to hold out for what you want. I ordered my SS in June as soon as I could order Summit White - There's nothing like it. Make sure you get the sunroof- I never open mine but it sure brightens up the dark interior...I would not change one thing about my Camaro. 6 or 8, they are two completely different anamals but both are great. It depends on what you want your Camaro to be.
Camaros seem to be everywhere now and decent dealers are selling below MSRP. I'm suprised you can't find the car you want.
Good luck.
Yep, the sunroof lightens up the dark interior even if you don't open it up.

There just aren't too many SW's on the road. I wish I knew what I want, myold88. LOL. I know only that I want a sunroof (LOL), manual, SW, RS package, 20" wheels, and 2 -- but can't decide between 2SS and 2LT. Damn. When I think with my head it's 2LT. When I think with my heart its 2SS. That's it in a nutshell. But I'll tell you, after driving that 2SS w/o the sunroof, I'm on the edge of caving.

No dealer in SoCal is selling below MSRP. Yet. They're not that common here. I'm truly surprised.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #733
RozzyBoy117

Drives: White 2SS/RS Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Thanks, Rozzy. Looking forward. What I love about the silver stripes is how subtle they look. But you still get a pop. Very, very classy indeed.

Every single dealer in Southern CA knows I'm looking for a White Camaro. So I got my call this Wednesday and ran down to the dealer, only to learn there wasn't a sun roof. I'm flexible on the 2SS or 2LT, both with the RS package and manual. But I need the sunroof too. I know, I know, I can order one. But I swear on a stack of bibles I can't decide between 6 and 8 cyl. and want the decision made for me. So get this. There isn't one White Camaro in the system with the specs I want. I can't even look forward to someone canceling their order. I really do have to pull the trigger. That 2SS I drove was just amazing. The thing I'm struck by the most is how gorgeous the car looks in real life. The photos on Camaro5.com don't hold a candle to the real thing. Even the photoshop deals, which is really surprising. Usually it's the other way around. You are one lucky dog, my friend. Drive safely and enjoy.

thanks alot thats what i love about the silver too. it blends in but it can stand out in differant lighting. just order one it will be worth the wait i promise and get the v8 you cant beat that feeling that v8 gives you when you punch it.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #734
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
I love the silver stripes on the Summit White!
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #735
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Yep, the sunroof lightens up the dark interior even if you don't open it up.

There just aren't too many SW's on the road. I wish I knew what I want, myold88. LOL. I know only that I want a sunroof (LOL), manual, SW, RS package, 20" wheels, and 2 -- but can't decide between 2SS and 2LT. Damn. When I think with my head it's 2LT. When I think with my heart its 2SS. That's it in a nutshell. But I'll tell you, after driving that 2SS w/o the sunroof, I'm on the edge of caving.

No dealer in SoCal is selling below MSRP. Yet. They're not that common here. I'm truly surprised.
One reason "not" to get the SS is the Summer Tires. Here in the North East they truely are a pain in the a** now that winter is here. Of course that's not an issue in So California. Why G.M. would build a car with heated seats, mirrors and remote start and then add summer tires is beyond me...
PS: Listening to your remarks- I don't think you will be happy with the 2LT. There's nothing like the torque my SS has when accelerating.. It's a blast every time. Also, don't forget the polished wheels.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #736
highstik5

Drives: Summit White SS/RS
Name:  SSL10775.jpg
Views: 3748
Size:  124.7 KB

Name:  SSL10774.jpg
Views: 3771
Size:  157.8 KB

Baby's first winter!
highstik5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #737
highstik5

Drives: Summit White SS/RS
A few more!

Name:  SSL10773.jpg
Views: 3909
Size:  121.5 KB

Name:  SSL10772.jpg
Views: 3819
Size:  152.8 KB
highstik5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #738
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
i really like the subtleness of those silver stripes
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #739
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozzyBoy117 View Post

thanks alot thats what i love about the silver too. it blends in but it can stand out in differant lighting. just order one it will be worth the wait i promise and get the v8 you cant beat that feeling that v8 gives you when you punch it.
Haha, look at the company your white camaro keeps in the garage! Your car is gorgeous. I wonder how many silver stripes are out there on White Camaros. We should take a poll. Are those the vinyl stripes or paint? I can't believe how great the silver looks every time. You can fit in for any party. Yes, I'm v. close to pulling the trigger on the 2SS. Thank you for your support.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #740
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Also, don't forget the polished wheels.
This was a little detail I didn't think was a big deal. Apparently I was wrong.

Do others feel the same way?

I hear you on those Summer Tires, bro. What in hell were they thinking, either in Michigan or Canada? Friggin' cold in those two places. With all their good intent with crash control, they missed a beat with those tires. Drive safely in CT.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #741
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
This was a little detail I didn't think was a big deal. Apparently I was wrong.

Do others feel the same way?

I hear you on those Summer Tires, bro. What in hell were they thinking, either in Michigan or Canada? Friggin' cold in those two places. With all their good intent with crash control, they missed a beat with those tires. Drive safely in CT.
A lot of guys (or gals) don't bother with the polished wheels because they either don't think they are worth $470.00, or plan to put aftermarket wheels later on. The gray finish on the standard 20" wheels never look clean compaired to the polished wheels in my opinion. Since the Summit white is not as "in your face" as some of the other colors I think it needs the wheel option, stripes and IO interior I ordered. These Camaros come in lots of combinations since there are so many different likes and dislikes out there.
I've said it many times, I never saw a bad looking stock gen5 Camaro.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #742
racert33
waiting for white

Drives: vertically challenged 95 c/k
Those silver stripes look awesome. Hard to tell which looks better, silver or cyber grey stripes

Tags
summit white, summit white camaro, white camaro