Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-11-2017, 04:19 AM   #29
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreonMG View Post
I'd like to know the answer to this as well...though i'm assuming it will void it.
It's an OEM TB...... can't see how that would void the warranty.......
Old 09-11-2017, 06:56 AM   #30
BreonMG

Drives: 2016 2SS. MRC, NPP
Yep, contacted and made my order last night. He says it will NOT void any warranty. REALLY looking forward to getting uit!
Old 09-12-2017, 05:27 PM   #31
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Guys,

Its an OEM TB....nothing can void a warranty unless you roll into GM and they see that you flashed the computer with a new tune etc. which is not the case here.

This is a bolt on deal like an air filter upgrade.....not to mention an outright purchase so you still have your OEM TB to replace this with at any time should you feel the need. Point is if your really nervous about your warranty and have to service your car at GM for something else (and your concerned they may somehow see your ported TB), just swap it for the stock TB before servicing it. The GM Tech would have to have the CAI removed to even see that anything is different.....externally/visually it's all the same as Im sending you a brand new ported OEM TB.

Best few hundred you will ever invest in this car hands down....if you don't believe me just read all the independent reviews. And as I said I offer a money back guarantee....you don't feel the gains were worth it I will refund your money.....this mod is a no brainer and your biggest regret will be not having found out about it sooner if that off idle lag has been bugging you awhile!

Big power gains also to be had (more on the boosted cars)....here is a good before and after dyno pull with the TB literally swapped right on the dyno.....no other changes

You have all to gain and nothing to lose with this upgrade....not many situations in this hobby offer you that....take advantage of the opportunity

-Tony
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #32
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Mamo View Post
Guys,

Its an OEM TB....nothing can void a warranty unless you roll into GM and they see that you flashed the computer with a new tune etc. which is not the case here.

This is a bolt on deal like an air filter upgrade.....not to mention an outright purchase so you still have your OEM TB to replace this with at any time should you feel the need. Point is if your really nervous about your warranty and have to service your car at GM for something else (and your concerned they may somehow see your ported TB), just swap it for the stock TB before servicing it. The GM Tech would have to have the CAI removed to even see that anything is different.....externally/visually it's all the same as Im sending you a brand new ported OEM TB.

Best few hundred you will ever invest in this car hands down....if you don't believe me just read all the independent reviews. And as I said I offer a money back guarantee....you don't feel the gains were worth it I will refund your money.....this mod is a no brainer and your biggest regret will be not having found out about it sooner if that off idle lag has been bugging you awhile!

Big power gains also to be had (more on the boosted cars)....here is a good before and after dyno pull with the TB literally swapped right on the dyno.....no other changes

You have all to gain and nothing to lose with this upgrade....not many situations in this hobby offer you that....take advantage of the opportunity

-Tony
I have owned a C5 Corvette for 10 years. I just recently purchased a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Generally speaking the first mods in the LS1 world are a CAI and a ported throttle body. With an LS1 this would not need a tune. Does the LT1 need a tune with the same mods? Also this dyno sheet shows some great gains. However, it is for a supercharged engine. What would the gains on the LT1 engine with your throttle body? Thanks.

BTW, Tony Mamo is well known over at Corvetteforum.com. He has offered the option to do additional port work on the AFR heads himself for a long time. I would say he knows how to port and to get functioning flow out of a part.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:36 AM   #33
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Software Guy View Post
This is one of the reasons I love my 2000 TA. Gas pedal hooked to a wire to a cam with a spring to the TB! Does the same damn thing every day regardless of driver and has 1 mode, GO.
That's what I loved most about my 04 Mustang, cable controlled throttle, none of this drive by wire BS.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #34
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Mamo View Post
Guys,

-Tony
I just put mine on today. Noticeable improvement in driveability. The throttle response id very crisp now. It seems to go sideways a little easier as well. This mod gets my vote. Thanks Tony!!
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote