Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #29
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
In most cases V8 supersedes V6 all day in production and development. In this case, I'm not really sure.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #30
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Not selfish i'd say the tuning companies are being selfish and lazy not getting in on a market that is drooling for support.
This was the same problem the community was having when I was running with the supercharged Grand Prix guys. A few companies stepped up, but got greedy and started ripping guys off with shoddy parts and poor tuning.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #31
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Not selfish i'd say the tuning companies are being selfish and lazy not getting in on a market that is drooling for support.
I wouldn't go so far as to say a market that is drooling for support... More like a handful of people on this website. When you consider that 50-60% of the total amount of 5th gens out there in the world today are v6 cars; if all 200-250k of them wanted something, it would probably get made.

This site has about 94k members, some of them don't even own a 5th gen Camaro, so figure at some point or another about 15-20% of all new Camaro puchases since late 2009 have registered on here at some point but not all members are active, I'd guess than less than half of that 15-20% are v6 owners... split that in half again for the LLT vs LFX engine crowds... LLT only being a 2 year run; the market looks pretty nil to me.

IPS/Fabberge had already stated in their post halfway down the section here, that if they could get at least 5 people committed they could probably make a kit... Get your money out, and they will build it.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #32
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Tuning aside,how much different can the two kits be (LLT,LFX). Piping from exhaust mani's, what else?

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:48 AM   #33
SV6GUY
Endlessly Wrenching

Drives: VE SV6 S2 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Tuning aside,how much different can the two kits be (LLT,LFX). Piping from exhaust mani's, what else?
I'm curious too as mine's an LLT. I'm hoping I can have a go at fitting this kit to my car when funds permit, bring it down under
SV6GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #34
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Like Gretchin said, it's the Bosch cpu for the LLT'S that's the problem, but hp tuners has come out with a tune for the LLT"s. I had my supercharger tuned with HP software by J&M, and the car is running great. I'm going to J&M Motorsports tomorrow, I'll ask them if they would be able to do a TT.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #35
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
Like Gretchin said, it's the Bosch cpu for the LLT'S that's the problem, but hp tuners has come out with a tune for the LLT"s. I had my supercharger tuned with HP software by J&M, and the car is running great. I'm going to J&M Motorsports tomorrow, I'll ask them if they would be able to do a TT.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #36
gutterball

J&M believes they can, I'll talk to the software guy tomorrow and see what he says
Old 09-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #37
Rakito
Thunderfury

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS M6 1/205
Hey Gutterball, did you find out any more information from the software guy at J&M?
"Thunderfury"

Old Car:
"Blu Bee"
2011 Camaro LS Imperial Blue
HURST Short-Throw M6
--You will be missed good buddy--
Rakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #38
gutterball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakito View Post
Hey Gutterball, did you find out any more information from the software guy at J&M?
Just came back from J&M, spoke to Jim, the software Guy, He said Yes, that after the go around with my car, he would be able to tune a TT for the LLT's with HP
Old 09-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #39
Maniature

Drives: Camaro 2010 1LT
ok am down if they accept payments
Old 09-05-2014, 02:56 AM   #40
driving2lt

Drives: 2ltrsspringspecialedition
i am in to get this kit. i have 2014 2lt. let me know how to get it. i live in toronto.
thanks
driving2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #41
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving2lt View Post
i am in to get this kit. i have 2014 2lt. let me know how to get it. i live in toronto.
thanks
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308593 that's the link to the thread introducing the kit for the LFX or 2012+ V6 camaros
Old 09-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #42
gutterball

Hay Guys, before you order the TT for the LLT, make sure your tuner has the know how with the HP tune, J&M in Ct. and Red Line in Fl. are, and should be able to, but talk to your tuner before ordering.