Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #15
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Ok. I am an idiot. What is exactly wrong with the picture OP posted?
Old 11-08-2015, 06:34 PM   #16
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarityCamaro View Post
If you paid $3000 to get something fixed and they did a half ass job would you just move on?
Well I would have installed it myself.

Go back get them to fix it . What's the big deal ?
Old 11-08-2015, 06:44 PM   #17
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
The level of incompentence these days is astounding. Stuff like this just reaffirms my opinion that if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #18
Victweezy

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
3 grand for a clutch job... Every time I hear stuff like this I think I'm in the wrong business. I just did a FWD clutch job on a Ford Focus in my garage, and now I feel like a shmuk for only charging 1200, and I put all the bolts back in. Maybe it's time to up my prices.

It would be easier to just order the bolt and slap it back in yourself. Or if you pay shipping I can mail you one. Respectfully talk to the service writer or write a letter and that tech will be "taken care of" ie hopefully fired
Old 11-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #19
ClarityCamaro

Drives: 2013 black zl1
Okay rockhead let's not have a rock as a brain no offense. But look. You walk in to get your 60k car they were suppose to put a clutch in you get there pay $3,000 in service and they forget to put in a bolt AND the people from monster called me and said that I need to get a second look because they didn't feel comfortable with hearing how they were not educated on how to put a triple disk clutch on. And this is their profession. It's like for instance you go to school to learn MATH from a MATH teacher and she doesn't know how to add... That simple. Now I will have it fixed and send that dealership a bill. Now I highly doubt they cover their mess up. But it's worth the humor
Old 11-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #20
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victweezy View Post
3 grand for a clutch job... Every time I hear stuff like this I think I'm in the wrong business. I just did a FWD clutch job on a Ford Focus in my garage, and now I feel like a shmuk for only charging 1200, and I put all the bolts back in. Maybe it's time to up my prices.

It would be easier to just order the bolt and slap it back in yourself. Or if you pay shipping I can mail you one. Respectfully talk to the service writer or write a letter and that tech will be "taken care of" ie hopefully fired
Quote:
Okay rockhead let's not have a rock as a brain no offense. But look. You walk in to get your 60k car they were suppose to put a clutch in you get there pay $3,000 in service and they forget to put in a bolt AND the people from monster called me and said that I need to get a second look because they didn't feel comfortable with hearing how they were not educated on how to put a triple disk clutch on. And this is their profession. It's like for instance you go to school to learn MATH from a MATH teacher and she doesn't know how to add... That simple. Now I will have it fixed and send that dealership a bill. Now I highly doubt they cover their mess up. But it's worth the humor
According to the original post when all this started, the dealer labor cost was $900. Now the story has changes to $3000, hmmm ... I still don't see how someone can burn through an OEM twin disk so fast.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #21
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
How did Monster get involved? Call the dealer ask for the Service Manager give the particulars and get the issue corrected. If the dealership won't take care of you call the GM Customer Service Center . Get it fixed and find a better dealer for your next service.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #22
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
According to the original post when all this started, the dealer labor cost was $900. Now the story has changes to $3000, hmmm ... I still don't see how someone can burn through an OEM twin disk so fast.
I stand corrected I shouldn't have said serve the whole job (including clutch) was $3000 and I know how I burned my clutch so fast now it's on one of my threads but I am ashamed lol so I will let that one fade away
Old 11-08-2015, 07:21 PM   #23
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
You shouldn't drive the car until you get that bolt back in.... seriously man.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #24
ClarityCamaro

Well I haven't driven it since the shop and a few days ago I've heard this noise and finally looked under the car after detailing my car today and saw it... Wasn't a happy camper. I'll go to another Chevy dealership that's rated better and see what they say
Old 11-08-2015, 09:08 PM   #25
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Don't Go to your local Chevy shop to have them install a clutch who knows what might be missing if you can't even put everything back together properly. I've been hearing a loud creek sound that sounded like it was my shocks come to find out after looking under my car they never put my Camaro back together. And the bonus! My clutch is still loud as hell when I engage the clutch
There you go , a better angle to id the problem
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #26
8balldeluxe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Victory Red
Oh my good lord, don't drive.
Speed Engineering Headers w/ Texas Speed HFC's ~ Flowmaster 2 1/2" cat back w/Flowmaster Super 10's ~ Cold Air Inductions Intake w/ Scoop and WW relocate ~ VMAX CNC Spiral PTB ~ Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/Hawk pads ~ ZL1 Spoiler ~ SCTX4 RDP Tuned
Old 11-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #27
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post
The level of incompentence these days is astounding. Stuff like this just reaffirms my opinion that if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself.
This really can't be repeated enough.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:56 AM   #28
ClarityCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
This really can't be repeated enough.
I'm taking it to another dealer tomorrow. Another Chevy house I hope these guys can fix it I do have road side assistance I wonder if I should take advantage of that

Closed Thread