Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 02:07 AM   #29
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarityCamaro View Post
I'm taking it to another dealer tomorrow. Another Chevy house I hope these guys can fix it I do have road side assistance I wonder if I should take advantage of that
yep
Old 11-09-2015, 02:25 AM   #30
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
To everyone who says this isn't a big deal, I'd like you to tell me what you DO consider a big deal.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:54 AM   #31
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
just read a few of clarity's posts and you'll understand the true meaning of incompetence

Old 11-09-2015, 05:26 AM   #32
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
just read a few of clarity's posts and you'll understand the true meaning of incompetence

Yes.... I can't believe people are still giving this troll so much attention and that mods haven't done anything about him yet... Really thought it was a good idea to have a Chevy service center install an aftermarket triple disk clutch? And then be surprised to realize that they don't know what they're doing??? I just don't get how anyone can take this guy seriously You always seem to find someone to blame but yourself but if you are a real person really having these issues and not trolling then you need to learn to make better decisions with your car because it's been poor decision after poor decision in every single thread you've made...

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Old 11-09-2015, 06:02 AM   #33
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1LE View Post
Yes.... I can't believe people are still giving this troll so much attention and that mods haven't done anything about him yet... Really thought it was a good idea to have a Chevy service center install an aftermarket triple disk clutch? And then be surprised to realize that they don't know what they're doing??? I just don't get how anyone can take this guy seriously You always seem to find someone to blame but yourself but if you are a real person really having these issues and not trolling then you need to learn to make better decisions with your car because it's been poor decision after poor decision in every single thread you've made...
I was waiting for it. Yes, Clarity's threads always end up ambiguous in some way, shape or form. Irony at it's finest.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 11-09-2015, 06:25 AM   #34
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
So why would that bolt need removed to change a clutch?
Old 11-09-2015, 07:07 AM   #35
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I think you meant to say "Don't go to MY local Chevy shop"
There are plenty of us who can bang out a clutch on that car, no problem.
That's easy stuff. That being said, there is NO shop anywhere that can claim they haven't had at least one screw up at some point that was a mouth-droppper. If they claim otherwise, they are lying or even worse- didn't catch the mistake.
Human beings are strange animals. Get it towed back, have it fixed.
For the guy to chime in about suing someone- WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
ClarityCamaro:

Bear in mind that your Chevy dealer or Chevy Service Center is not "Chevrolet" and it is not "GM".

It is a franchise. Chevy did not do anything wrong to your car when it was serviced.

"Chevy" will care about poor service if you talk to the right people at General Motors, but they did not do this.

You need to speak to your service manager at the shop that is not doing the right thing, right away. Do not be emotional and do not yell or cuss. Describe what the problem is and why you have serious concerns. If they disagree with you and you are certain they did wrong, contact regional General Motors.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:21 AM   #36
ClarityCamaro

Drives: 2013 black zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
I think you meant to say "Don't go to MY local Chevy shop"
There are plenty of us who can bang out a clutch on that car, no problem.
That's easy stuff. That being said, there is NO shop anywhere that can claim they haven't had at least one screw up at some point that was a mouth-droppper. If they claim otherwise, they are lying or even worse- didn't catch the mistake.
Human beings are strange animals. Get it towed back, have it fixed.
For the guy to chime in about suing someone- WTF?

I took my car to the dealership I purchased it at. Since it was under warranty still and i couldn't drop my car off just anywhere since my clutch was out. I took it to the dealership I bought the car. I had no say so in a small town with only one certified Chevy dealership to work on my car. I'm not sure how I'm trolling I have proved and backed up every one of my posts I don't have time to do it again. I am going to the Chevy dealership now another one let's see what they say
Old 11-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #37
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
I took my car to the dealership I purchased it at. Since it was under warranty still and i couldn't drop my car off just anywhere since my clutch was out. I took it to the dealership I bought the car. I had no say so in a small town with only one certified Chevy dealership to work on my car. I'm not sure how I'm trolling I have proved and backed up every one of my posts I don't have time to do it again. I am going to the Chevy dealership now another one let's see what they say
FYI ... You can go to ANY GM dealer for warranty work, even a Caddy dealer. Also clutches and brakes are wear items and are never under warranty, unless there are defects in the parts.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #38
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
I don't know man. In your other thread about this clutch making noise, I thought you had decided to take it to the local performance shop to get it straightened out. I know that's the direction I would've gone in the first place with an aftermarket clutch. However, what is done is done. Now I agree in that I too would be leary of taking the car back to this dealership, this is a major and fundemental error that could have instantaneous catastrophic results. Heck, it might even be the cause of the clutch noise.

That said, things happen. I would talk with the service manager at this dealership, show him these pics of what you discovered, and calmly give them the opportunity to make this right. If, after that discussion, you still don't feel right about letting them touch your car, take it elsewhere. However, it would be unreasonable to expect, even another Chevy Dealer to fix another shop's mistake for free. You'll probably have to at least pay labor for a reinstall, plus any parts that may be necessary.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #39
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
No offense but going to the dealer isn't the best option unless its warranty work. Dealers are known to over charge and do half ass jobs.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Old 11-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #40
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
No offense but going to the dealer isn't the best option unless its warranty work. Dealers are known to over charge and do half ass jobs.
May I use a broad brush to paint your profession as well?
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #41
ClarityCamaro

Now before anyone says "just go get it fixed and move on" ALL BUT 1 OF MY SUB FRAME BOLTS WERE MISSING! So yeah not a big deal just the last one hanging on by a thread and if that would have gave my car would have been totaled and so would I
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #42
ClarityCamaro

And another
Attached Images

Closed Thread