Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Is it a pipe dream to think I can fit 4 wheels/tires in the car for track days?

Anyone try to get a set of 4 wheels/tires in the car? 19x10 square setup. Don't really want to drive to the Solo and HPDE events on my track tires and I don't want to ask my wife to follow in another car
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
1 in the trunk, 2 in the back seat and 1 in the passenger seat. I actually got 3 in the back seat of my 5th gen, but I doubt you could do that with a 6th gen.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:29 PM   #3
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Put 4 tires in mine...18 inch.. 1 in trunk 2 in the back and last on passenger side..putting the top down made it easy...but good luck with a hard top.
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:35 PM   #4
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
I'm running into the same issue... i currently have a small 4x8 trailer that i have my toolbox mounted to (complete with alum. floor jack,jack stands and air compressor) that works perfectly for hauling 4 wheels, a cooler, couple of chairs and my EZ up... however I read in the manual its not recommended to tow with the camaro..... i have to think they are referring to something like a camper or large enclosed trailer.... such a small load as i'm proposing should not hurt the car or compromise handling one bit. My Z3 hauled the same trailer around with no problem at all and thats a lot smaller car by comparison. Its so nice to be able to really run hard at the track knowing i have rubber to get me back home again

... dont really care how stupid a hitch looks as long as i can have my fun without having to tow the car to the track or burn up my track tires getting there.

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2016_...let_Camaro.htm :-)

Last edited by Racerman27410; 02-06-2017 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added link
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
When I got my wheels swapped out for winter, I folded down the back seat, got 2 in the back seat area, 1 in the trunk, and the last on the passenger seat (all wrapped, don't worry)
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #6
m666etal

Drives: Civic
Got my stock summer tires 1 in trunk, 3 on the back seat packed in big plastic bags.
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #7
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post
I'm running into the same issue... i currently have a small 4x8 trailer that i have my toolbox mounted to (complete with alum. floor jack,jack stands and air compressor) that works perfectly for hauling 4 wheels, a cooler, couple of chairs and my EZ up... however I read in the manual its not recommended to tow with the camaro..... i have to think they are referring to something like a camper or large enclosed trailer.... such a small load as i'm proposing should not hurt the car or compromise handling one bit. My Z3 hauled the same trailer around with no problem at all and thats a lot smaller car by comparison. Its so nice to be able to really run hard at the track knowing i have rubber to get me back home again

... dont really care how stupid a hitch looks as long as i can have my fun without having to tow the car to the track or burn up my track tires getting there.

I used to have the same thing on my 2000 Trans Am, and still have one on my G8. So long as the tongue weight isn't more than 100lbs or so, you're fine.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #8
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Great news all. Thanks for the replies!
Old 02-07-2017, 09:42 PM   #9
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I got 1 stock 20" in the trunk and 3 in the back seat.
2 stacked on top of each other behind the drivers seat. Seat pulled up a smidge. And 1 behind the passenger on an angle leaning against the other 2.
Had to put the rear seat down as well.
Done.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:14 PM   #10
thescout6

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Great news all. Thanks for the replies!

Quick unrelated question. Do you ever bring your wife with you to HPDE events? If she doesn't pay to drive is there something she can do while I'm in the class and on the track? If she does, can we both drive the same car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thescout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #11
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescout6 View Post
Quick unrelated question. Do you ever bring your wife with you to HPDE events? If she doesn't pay to drive is there something she can do while I'm in the class and on the track? If she does, can we both drive the same car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't drive the same car while you are both in HPDE1 since you would have to be on the track at the same time. Once you progress to HPDE2 and higher she could take a weekend and do HPDE1 while you are in 2. That might be kind of expensive and hard on the car but it would be possible.

There really wouldn't be much for her to do while you're on the track except take photos and video of you witch would be cool.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post

You're gonna need one of these to trim it out...
https://www.gggaz.com/tan-claymore-m...tch-cover.html
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote