Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #43
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Do you really expect that they are going to keep the same colors year after year? With the exception of the basic colors its not going to happen.
I'm sure the earthquake changed things but its about marketing, very boring if everyone has the same few colors year after year.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #44
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
Damnt It! I thought for sure CGM would be ready for the ZL1... there goes my first choice...

Now I'm so confused... Carbon flash to me looks like black while it's dirty...

I don't know what I'll choose... I'm expecting more colors soon.

Looks like a good time for possible optional colors we can vote on, GM let's hear it.
IBM replacement = LeMans Blue

CGM replacement = Supersonic Blue

Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #45
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post

Now, I feel like I've been punched in the gut. The car my wife and I have dreamed about is gone. If I want a Camaro now, I have to settle for something that is always going to be our second choice.

What really gets me ticked off is that I feel like I've been strung along by "Team Chevy" and GM. How freaking hard would it be to announce that CGM and IBM aren't coming back? Why string us along?

There are numerous threads here on C5 asking about CGM, IBM, or replacement blues and greens. We have some great Chevy sales people here on C5, (BeckyD & SS-Eric are the ones I've pestered) that have been asked questions about these colors repeatedly and they have done their best to find an answer to no avail.

Even fbodfather has chimed in saying more news about colors was coming.

Well if this was the news, I would have rather had it announced her on C5 than from some no-name email from The Chevrolet Marketing Team.

It's like they knew this all along, but didn't want to tell us and that's what sucks!

Sorry, had to rant.
The limited color palate does stink for anyone who wants a different color. However, the assumption that Chevy has been twiddling their thumbs, stringing their potential Camaro purchasers along, and taking them for granted doesn't ring true for this manufacturer, as it is the exact opposite of everything I've experienced and heard from others over the last few years. Chevrolet seems to be trying very hard to listen to feedback, talk to Camaro owners, and build a passionate base for this Camaro. While we don't see any color solutions at this point, this natural disaster was not planned by Chevy and changes to automobiles TAKE TIME - I think patience and understanding should be exercised at this point. If Scott said news about colors is coming, guess what - news about colors is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
They might find color replacements - they replaced RJT with Crystal Red (or whatever it's called) it prob looks just the same -- so they will prob have a dark grey that's close to CGM
Crystal Red blows RJT out of the water. Ever seen it on the CTS? Heck, if they put it on their Cadillac brand it probably is a pretty good color, huh? It is my super-close second choice to the Carbon Flash on the 45th Anniversary. The Crystal Red CTS-V coupe display model at a recent auto show ensured this vehicle is gonna be my next daily driver. It is an amazing metallic, striking version of an extremely sexy red. Makes me think of firefighters … Yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
Now I'm so confused... Carbon flash to me looks like black while it's dirty...
I wonder if you've seen it in person. I think it looks like a stunning cross between CGM and black. Now charcoal is my absolute favorite color on any car, I am just a huge fan of a good, deep, metallic gray. And my opinion of the Carbon Flash is that it has more depth, shine, and character than the CGM - which used to be my first choice. I know that some people may not care for it, but at least ensure you see it in person first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
i am not let my CGM go no were but to the grave with me
Ummmmm - wut? Microsoft Word, with spelling and grammer check, is your friend.
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #46
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
GM's note says 2012, not gone for ever.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #47
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Maybe they'll bring back Synergy Green since those 2 colors are gone for the model year.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I hate to see my favourite colour go (IBM) but I bet they'll replace it with something just as good. If not, there are still others to choose from, though I'm not too much of a fan of many of the 'basic' colours.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #49
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Should I stock up on CGM paint?
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #50
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Danngiittt there goes my two choices. I guess I'm going used when 2013 comes around
Old 07-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #51
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
That sux, I'm sorry :( Maybe get a 2011 CGM???
Old 07-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #52
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I would love to know what colors will be taking their places.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #53
kr juice 1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
I got his in my email just a few minutes ago from Chevy.....

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

We apologize, but 2012 Chevrolet Camaro has no plans to have the Cyber Gray Metallic or the Imperial Blue Metallic exterior colors as options for the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro. We do appreciate your business and your loyalty.

As a reminder, our vehicles come with a 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty that includes Roadside Assistance and courtesy transportation. If you are not currently working with a Chevrolet dealership in your area and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by visiting http://www.findchevydealer.com.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438, between 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. E.S.T., Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. E.S.T., Saturday. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com

Well that just f#$&ing sucks! I've put off buy a Camaro for over a year because of my latest deployment to Iraq. I was planning to pick up a new 2012 CGM beauty when I got back from Iraq in a few months.

I was patient when the earthquake shut down the factory in Japan that makes the xirallic component for CGM and IBM, and those colors went on constraint in April. I thought GM/Chevy will find a solution, I can wait.

The list of changes came out for the 2012 MY....CGM and IBM were not listed as deletions. Still had hope.

Then pricing came out for the 2012's, liked the improvements, was glad I waited....CGM and IBM were still not listed as deletions, so I still had hope.

Rumors have gone around on several forums that CGM and IBM wouldn't come back until December. My wife and I decided we could wait if we needed to. We wouldn't like it, but we would do it.

Now, I feel like I've been punched in the gut. The car my wife and I have dreamed about is gone. If I want a Camaro now, I have to settle for something that is always going to be our second choice.

What really gets me ticked off is that I feel like I've been strung along by "Team Chevy" and GM. How freaking hard would it be to announce that CGM and IBM aren't coming back? Why string us along?

There are numerous threads here on C5 asking about CGM, IBM, or replacement blues and greens. We have some great Chevy sales people here on C5, (BeckyD & SS-Eric are the ones I've pestered) that have been asked questions about these colors repeatedly and they have done their best to find an answer to no avail.

Even fbodfather has chimed in saying more news about colors was coming.

Well if this was the news, I would have rather had it announced her on C5 than from some no-name email from The Chevrolet Marketing Team.

It's like they knew this all along, but didn't want to tell us and that's what sucks!

Sorry, had to rant.
You should have replied that you are a service men serving our country do it now damn it. Of course and thank you for fighting for us out there stay safe.
kr juice 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #54
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Good thing I got the best color ever ;D

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #55
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post
The limited color palate does stink for anyone who wants a different color. However, the assumption that Chevy has been twiddling their thumbs, stringing their potential Camaro purchasers along, and taking them for granted doesn't ring true for this manufacturer, as it is the exact opposite of everything I've experienced and heard from others over the last few years. Chevrolet seems to be trying very hard to listen to feedback, talk to Camaro owners, and build a passionate base for this Camaro. While we don't see any color solutions at this point, this natural disaster was not planned by Chevy and changes to automobiles TAKE TIME - I think patience and understanding should be exercised at this point. If Scott said news about colors is coming, guess what - news about colors is coming!

exflirt, I've been patient. I've put this Camaro purchase off for at least 15 months because and I have spent the last 10 of those here in Iraq. I didn't buy a 2011 because I knew I was leaving for a year and the timing was going to work out so that I would have a CGM Camaro waiting for me when I got home this September. My 2000 F-150 got totaled 2 weeks before I deployed by an asshat on his cellphone that ran a red light doing 50 and T-boned me so I need a car when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exflirt View Post
Crystal Red blows RJT out of the water. Ever seen it on the CTS? Heck, if they put it on their Cadillac brand it probably is a pretty good color, huh? It is my super-close second choice to the Carbon Flash on the 45th Anniversary. The Crystal Red CTS-V coupe display model at a recent auto show ensured this vehicle is gonna be my next daily driver. It is an amazing metallic, striking version of an extremely sexy red. Makes me think of firefighters … Yummy
The problem with Crystal Red is that it was a Corvette color also, along with CGM and they were both put on constraint 2 weeks before the CGM, IBM constraint on the Camaros. I don't know if it's even going to be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
GM's note says 2012, not gone for ever.
Well if CGM came back in 2013 AFTER I buy the one year it isn't available, I would be even more pissed off, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
That sux, I'm sorry :( Maybe get a 2011 CGM???
I liked the new interior and I think my wife would appreciate the power passenger seat and rear view camera.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #56
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
What color is the 45th Anniversary Edition?

That is pretty close to CGM, and I think it is pretty cool. It doesn't have the blue flake in it though.