Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #43
Streetbobrob

Drives: 2011 IBM SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
I happen to love my 2010 LS3 steering wheel. I think the new one is ugly. I have never understood why people say the 10 and 11 steering wheel is uncomfortable and big. I find it very nice and functional. I do have big hands though.

I have big hands to. Thats why my junk looks so small when i hold it!
P.S. happy with the wheel in my 2011.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #44
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdoom View Post
whats the point of saying that? its better than another Ls3 v L99 thread
It was to say "Cool, another steering wheel thread."

Lately the threads have been very repetitive on subject matter, despite there being active threads already going.

I guess I just miss nightfall and am taking it out on everyone else
Old 10-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #45
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
the interior of the sonic looks so nice, only to be ruined by the hideous exterior.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #46
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Thats why I love my '10 LS3!

we dont a have a recycled Steering Wheel. (no offense to '12 guys!)
Old 10-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #47
Noodle SS

Drives: 2011 BMW 328XI, 2012 Camaro (soon)
After having driven both, [my opinion] is that the '10-'11 wheel looks much nicer and generally fits the overall design / retro feel of the Camaro, but it was grossly uncomfortable. I agree the new wheel takes a bit from the overall experience and feel, but it is much more practical and comfortable. I do wish there was an option for camaro badging to set it apart from the numerous other cars it appears in though.

On a bit of an aside, I tend to agree with others that these threads are a bit too much now. Regardless of what anyone says, it's all opinion. Test them both out and decide for yourself. If you are curious what someone else thinks, there are plenty of threads to read. I'm a bit off-topic based on the OP, but that's exactly my point. We should stay on-topic and stop withe the gripes about the wheel.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #48
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
I love my Sonic wheel.
Seriously.
I don't care if it's on all the Chevys.
All BMWs and Benzs have the same wheel on all their cars. Nobody complains about that.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #49
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
WGAS?

Seriously, these folks could start a whole new website and forum based solely around whining about the damn steering wheel.

It's a better wheel. One change for better ergonomics and functionality in a car based completely around the concept of form over function is hardly a loss.
If its simply a steering wheel, and a dammed one at that (pun intended) how then, can it be better. Why not just say different and leave it at that. If not, how do you explain the need for all the costly science, tests, research, design, product planning, retooling, amongst the other mirads of steps needed to produce and sell,.............just to reinvent what was previously the best thing since peanut butter and crackers?...or better yet is someone upstairs trying to convince the buying public that they are actually "reinventing the Wheel" (pun intended).

Its seems contary that todays steering wheel be any better than yesterdays at doing what its suppose to.......allowing for the consideration that from thought to production, it takes years to gear the process. If not, what the providers of the products in jest are doing is admitting, that the newest version was a over night decision, one without forethought..............hence "form over function".

I for one always get a hoot out of consumer product manufactors, representitives, marketers, and advertisers when they espouse the benefits of a new and improved product. Especially items less than year or so old and yet hardly proven used................items themselves that were just recently introduced to the general buying public, as being more user friendly................. or is it simply they believe that the general public gets bored quickly and needs to be told often their choices are actually, materially, and infunctionality better than those made mere moments in time ago. It leaves one to believe if so.....that the main goals of the providers of these products is to keep consumers focus on the illusion, not the reality. Its an insult of sorts..................

It seems to me that a steering wheels only true function is steering................. abet safely and comfortably. Just my observation.........
Old 10-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #50
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

GM got complaints from day one that the steering wheel was uncomfortable and the controls were difficult to access.

GM responds to complaints and puts a more comfortable and ergonomic steering wheel into the car.

It's not rocket science, folks.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #51
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Who cares. It's much better looking and more functional that the sunken in go-kart wheel...
Old 10-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #52
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
Who cares. It's much better looking and more functional that the sunken in go-kart wheel...
This, I personally agree but for every one person that likes it two people hate it.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #53
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
If you where here from the start you did not get bent over on the price, and had a low VIN.
Word and I didn't get bent over..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #54
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Just test drove a M6 and A6 SS. I liked the new wheel, didn't dislike it. It feels and looks smaller then the big wagon wheel on the car now and it is more comfortable, maybe more busy looking where as ours is more plain nd open.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #55
dudemangod

Drives: 2012 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by az2ss View Post
i think its hillarious how some of you guys try and justify the new camaros having a different steering wheel as your OLDER car being better then the new ones. i love my '12 steering wheel. no need to get your panties in a wad because your car is another year OLDER
Yep, FE4 for 2012 FTW. Who gives a crap about the steering wheel.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #56
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Just test drove a M6 and A6 SS. I liked the new wheel, didn't dislike it. It feels and looks smaller then the big wagon wheel on the car now and it is more comfortable, maybe more busy looking where as ours is more plain nd open.

Looking for a v8 Rick?

Closed Thread