Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #995
danielle
Dani

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Funny I have a wrangler stick I drive in the winter, and I've gotten a few comments like whats the matter honey got a auto because you can't drive a stick. I say no, got the automatic because it's FASTER! Shuts them up!
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:16 PM   #996
Black 6.2L SS

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, LS3, NPP
My black SS is sitting in my driveway. The electrician doing some work in my garage can’t help but check it out.

Electrician: Is it true that you can’t see out of these?
Me: No I see fine out of it. That’s just a rumor repeated by the Mustang guys. (He proceeds to check it out even more).
Me: You seem like a car guy,...what do you drive?
Electrician: Umm, nothin’ right now, just a van.

For the most part, this car turns heads more than ANY of my previous performance cars. People also can’t escape the sound. Many, many respectful and positive comments.
Black 6.2L SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:34 AM   #997
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
yep
thumbs up daily here
not had one single thumbs up when i had the mustang s550 lol
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:37 AM   #998
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
if it count's i had a guy at work say he liked the black stripes better than the white that i had on the last one(i am taking off the black and doing white again) i had a manual but the automatic is growing on me and if i had a dollar for every positive comment i have had i could get a tank of gas.
i love the white and yellow. i walked past a 69 like this on the way to high school everyday i always liked that car.
Attached Images

lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #999
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
yep
thumbs up daily here
not had one single thumbs up when i had the mustang s550 lol
It has actually been the opposite for me. My 09 GT was complimented often. And as it should have been - it had awesome curb appeal. Sad to say, my 13 SS doesn't even get a second glance where I live as there are so many of them around here.

However, I chose performance and handling over curb appeal which is two of the three reasons I own the SS now. Not that the Camaro doesn't have the same curb appeal to me, in fact I think it's a better looking car, it's just that it's very common here in southern Nevada.
Attached Images

Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:37 PM   #1000
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Damn that sounds nice you have a HEMI in it?
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:43 PM   #1001
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black 6.2L SS View Post
My black SS is sitting in my driveway. The electrician doing some work in my garage can’t help but check it out.

Electrician: Is it true that you can’t see out of these?
Me: No I see fine out of it. That’s just a rumor repeated by the Mustang

Ha! Coming over from a 2014 Camry to this thing, I'm with your electrician on that. Backing out of a spot is nightmarish stuff in my Camaro, which is why I ALWAYS try to back into spots rather than go head first.

Having said that, it brought me back to relearning how to use my mirrors. So that's what those things are for!
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 12:31 PM   #1002
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Bump!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 01:44 PM   #1003
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I just had a conversation with someone in Oreillys yesterday... They asked me if my car was turbo, etc... Told me it sounded badass. Then he waited in the parking lot, to ask me how much horsepower it made. I said 530 horsepower to the wheels, and he kinda chuckled and said "well that's ok i guess" then drove off.

I think youtube and instagram has warped peoples mind on what alot of horsepower is. By no means is 530rwhp a ridiculous amount, but people think that every boosted, supercharged car should make 1,000 rwhp because they
are watching Cleetus videos. They don't understand how much money it takes to get there, or how unreliable most of those cars are. 530rwhp on a daily driven car is fast AND reliable. I already have over $10k invested in my car just to make 530rwhp.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 01:55 PM   #1004
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
I just had a conversation with someone in Oreillys yesterday... They asked me if my car was turbo, etc... Told me it sounded badass. Then he waited in the parking lot, to ask me how much horsepower it made. I said 530 horsepower to the wheels, and he kinda chuckled and said "well that's ok i guess" then drove off.

I think youtube and instagram has warped peoples mind on what alot of horsepower is. By no means is 530rwhp a ridiculous amount, but people think that every boosted, supercharged car should make 1,000 rwhp because they
are watching Cleetus videos. They don't understand how much money it takes to get there, or how unreliable most of those cars are. 530rwhp on a daily driven car is fast AND reliable. I already have over $10k invested in my car just to make 530rwhp.
For real. And those same posers are the ones who couldn’t even handle 530 whp on the street. Most People don’t understand the driver it takes to keep them out of the junkyard at high hp on the street… or track for that matter.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 01:56 PM   #1005
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:

You are absolutely correct about YouTube. Another thing that skews it are the big numbers OEMs are publishing. Most normies are going to know the difference between Crank hp vs wheel power. A car guy would know that and respect the effort to have a 500+ whp car on the streets.
Old 04-05-2024, 03:00 PM   #1006
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

Considering thats about 185 HP over stock thats great.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:18 PM   #1007
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
Also more than a (stock) Hellcat. 530 to the tire is ridiculous. Well done
joshnmn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 10:10 PM   #1008
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:

Yeah people think it's super easy to make 1k. Annoying really. My car with cam and heads made 513whp. I've recorded a 2.99 0-60 before on that setup and a 11.63 @ 119. Most people saying 500whp is slow, have never driven a car producing that much power.

Best saying I've heard is fast, cheap, reliable, pick two of the three.