Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
stock h pipe..or replace with single muffler w internal xpipe

My magnaflow cat back sounds great !!!! just want to know would replacing my single d/in d/out muffler with a d/in d/out magnaflow internal xpipe make it sound better or worst.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
That's the magnaflow resonated x pipe that everyone talks about. It sounds great if you replace the h pipe with the resonated x pipe and run no mufflers (person preference, LISTEN TO THE EXHAUST SAMPLES. LLT forum sticky I think)
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

[QUOTE=DSX_Camaro;7461960]That's the magnaflow resonated x pipe that everyone talks about. It sounds great if you replace the h pipe with the resonated x pipe and run no mufflers (person preference, LISTEN TO THE EXHAUST SAMPLES. LLT forum sticky I think)[/QUOTE
might just move up a notch and get the magnaflow resonated xpipe.cant the h pipe jus stay where it is?? Or I gotta remove it?]
Old 03-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Well it doesn't make sense to have an h pipe and an x pipe junction lol
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 03-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #5
DSX_Camaro

... what kind of magnaflow cat back do you have?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:36 AM   #6
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
... what kind of magnaflow cat back do you have?
14223 its Extremely possiand no drone and it doesnt have that ricey sound i jus want ir a tad deeper if possible if I knew how to send my utube vid to here I would do it. Its killa bee on youtube chek it out. U will see what im talking about even wirhour headphones
Old 03-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #7
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

hmmmmmmm

Adding resonated xpipe and removing the h or switching to the magnaflow resonated xpipe and still taking off the hpipe or leave the shit alone.....
Old 03-02-2014, 06:00 AM   #8
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
I don't know much, but you don't have a Magnaflow catback system. You have a Magnaflow piece. If you have a catback the stock resonators are deleted, with catback pipe. I'm on the Magnaflow site and their catback systems come with their x-pipe. What is d in/d out? Check out Magnaflow.com there are great systems there.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #9
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
The magnaflow X pipe that many of us have is only going to fit where the stock H pipe is located.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #10
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I used one on my SS with LT's.

You basically will be adding another muffler.

If you feel like the exhaust is the right sound level don't add one of these I used it to quiet down my car. I jokingly say it took the car from 20 y/o kid level to 40 y/o grown up level. I am 40 btw.

If you feel like the sound is "choppy" the X-pipe "should" smooth it out. So basically if you like the loudness get a plain X-pipe if you think it's choppy sounding.

If you think it's too loud get the resonated pipe it will lower the volume and smooth it out.

I can't say how it will sound with a V6 in front of it but in my case it did deepen the tone a bit.

Good luck.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #11
DSX_Camaro

Well, since everyone seems to be on the ball... Do you think you could post pictures of the underside of your car?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #12
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Yeah uhhhmmm... I got coffee and a bad attitude I'm not getting out the floor jack. Sorry bro. I could take a picture of how much of the H-pipe came out. That's sitting in the box the Magnaflo piece came in.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #13
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
I don't know much, but you don't have a Magnaflow catback system. You have a Magnaflow piece. If you have a catback the stock resonators are deleted, with catback pipe. I'm on the Magnaflow site and their catback systems come with their x-pipe. What is d in/d out? Check out Magnaflow.com there are great systems there.
Dual in dual out dro singke muffler.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #14
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Well, since everyone seems to be on the ball... Do you think you could post pictures of the underside of your car?
I can try today