Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #15
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
My V is one of the most comfortable and "drivable" cars I have ever been in. Power on tap, Looks that would make Adriana Lima crawl over on all four and make U feel like an Ice Cream cone, reliability that makes U a stranger to your dealer assigned service tech... What's not to love? That's it... If Cadillac builds on this car's virtues for the rest of it's line up from now on... America will surpass Germany's best in a matter of a few years.

Two issues that one might have second thoughts:

1) Desire to constantly get out and wipe it down at stop lights
2) 556HP on tap, with acceleration so smooth, and a cabin so quiet.. U will hit 100MPH+ each and every time U get on a open stretch of road with a matter of seconds after U come off the ramp.

Things U might wanna change:

1) Exhaust. It is quiet. And it will get U into trouble because of it. A friend of mine with a recently acquired V-Coupe just put a Corsa exhaust on his to give it some "warning" ability.

2) Michelin PS2s. I loved them so much I bought a set for my Vette, but in truth they wear out pretty fast... and are expensive to replace. I just put a set of Conti Extreme Contacts on and the ride is just as good, handling better and grip is superior.

3) Brake Dust from stock Brembo pads which are Semi-Metallic. Switched to Hawks's Ceramics and dust has been reduced by about 90%. With stock pads I could drive about 20 minutes and my wheels would have black dust all over them. I put the HAWKS' Ceramics on and now I drive for 3 days with out seeing any dust to speak of.

Anyway here is a shot of my Pearl:

Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #16
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
It is certainly the best GM car I've ever been in. It's not on par with some aspects of its German competition, but it outperforms them/is more affordable, so it is to be expected. If this is the beginning of the new GM, they're going to have an extremely bright future.

I'm almost certain I'll be buying one. Nice to be able to buy an American car with this type of performance/luxury in one package...
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #17
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
We currently have the coupe version of the wagon you had. Black Diamond Edition and it is amazing!!! My favorite care ever (and we've had all varieties).

Get one-you will not regret it. I wasn't crazy about the back end of the coupe when they first came out, but when I replace my sedan I will be getting a coupe. Love it!
Is that the Black Diamond paint? Looks darker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
My V is one of the most comfortable and "drivable" cars I have ever been in. Power on tap, Looks that would make Adriana Lima crawl over on all four and make U feel like an Ice Cream cone, reliability that makes U a stranger to your dealer assigned service tech... What's not to love? That's it... If Cadillac builds on this car's virtues for the rest of it's line up from now on... America will surpass Germany's best in a matter of a few years.
Thanks for the tips. For having so much of it, the power delivery in this car is extremely smooth.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #18
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
I had a 07 V and loved everything about it (minus the price of modding it LOL). Honestly the only reason I got it was because the wife said if I was buying a new car it had to be a 4 door. (thinking of having kids, since she has changed her mind again LOL) Test drove the 09 before I got my camaro, it was nice but I personally felt more at home in the camaro then in the V… Dont get me wrong the V is a bad a$$ machine but it was just to much for me… I will own another V someday down the road…. maybe when kids are in the picture.
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #19
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
It is certainly the best GM car I've ever been in. It's not on par with some aspects of its German competition, but it outperforms them/is more affordable, so it is to be expected. If this is the beginning of the new GM, they're going to have an extremely bright future.

I'm almost certain I'll be buying one. Nice to be able to buy an American car with this type of performance/luxury in one package...
I challenge that "It's not on par with some aspects of its German competition" comment... simply because where Caddy sacrificed in the matter of some materials in the cockpit, for instance, it made up for in the pricing.

Also... this thing has state of the art technology and Corvette racing heritage. It trumps the Germans in another aspect as well... not having to be on a first name basis with your "BMW/BENZ/AUDI/JAG" service tech.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #20
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkslvr View Post
I had a 07 V and loved everything about it (minus the price of modding it LOL). Honestly the only reason I got it was because the wife said if I was buying a new car it had to be a 4 door. (thinking of having kids, since she has changed her mind again LOL) Test drove the 09 before I got my camaro, it was nice but I personally felt more at home in the camaro then in the V… Dont get me wrong the V is a bad a$$ machine but it was just to much for me… I will own another V someday down the road…. maybe when kids are in the picture.
Modding a V is expensive???

$600 will get U from 556HP to 630HP... Try that in a M5 or E63AMG.

Fact is that any mod that U can make to your Camaro... U can make to the Cadillac CTS-V... they have essentially the same engine
Old 04-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #21
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
If I weren't saving up for a gtr when I get out of school, I would be driving one right now. They are absolutely awesome cars. Best bang for the buck in the world imo as far as an all around vehicle goes.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #22
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
I challenge that "It's not on par with some aspects of its German competition" comment... simply because where Caddy sacrificed in the matter of some materials in the cockpit, for instance, it made up for in the pricing.

Also... this thing has state of the art technology and Corvette racing heritage. It trumps the Germans in another aspect as well... not having to be on a first name basis with your "BMW/BENZ/AUDI/JAG" service tech.
Well I did immediately qualify that statement by saying it came with a performance and price advantage

The car I'd most be comparing it to (fair or not) would be my current car... an Audi S8. I paid 6 figures for it.

The CTSV doesn't have the same fit/finish, or overall quality of materials... but for 30-40k less, that is expected and excusable. Plus, like we've both noted, better performance car. Plus I wouldn't be getting rid of the Audi, so the Caddy would complement it nicely.

Really opened it up tonight... got the tires to break loose at 60mph (IN A STOCK LUXURY WAGON FULL OF PEOPLE!!!!!!!)
Old 04-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #23
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
If I weren't saving up for a gtr when I get out of school, I would be driving one right now. They are absolutely awesome cars. Best bang for the buck in the world imo as far as an all around vehicle goes.
GTR's are fun, but if I wanted to go that fast (hell, faster) in something ugly made in Japan I'd buy a street bike and save enough to buy a CTS-V/M3
Old 04-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #24
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
We currently have the coupe version of the wagon you had. Black Diamond Edition and it is amazing!!! My favorite care ever (and we've had all varieties).

Get one-you will not regret it. I wasn't crazy about the back end of the coupe when they first came out, but when I replace my sedan I will be getting a coupe. Love it!
I want it!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #25
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Well I did immediately qualify that statement by saying it came with a performance and price advantage

The car I'd most be comparing it to (fair or not) would be my current car... an Audi S8. I paid 6 figures for it.

The CTSV doesn't have the same fit/finish, or overall quality of materials... but for 30-40k less, that is expected and excusable. Plus, like we've both noted, better performance car. Plus I wouldn't be getting rid of the Audi, so the Caddy would complement it nicely.

Really opened it up tonight... got the tires to break loose at 60mph (IN A STOCK LUXURY WAGON FULL OF PEOPLE!!!!!!!)
OK... and of course if U're comparing the Audi FLAGSHIP to the Cadillac Midsizer performance car. I'd say wait til next year when the XTS hits... Cadillac looks to have a real competitor to the A8, 7Series, and S-Class.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #26
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
GTR's are fun, but if I wanted to go that fast (hell, faster) in something ugly made in Japan I'd buy a street bike and save enough to buy a CTS-V/M3
We think alike my friend.

Why would ANYONE buy a GT-R when they could get a Z06... hell.. GS Corvette??? That 0-60 time that Nissan touts is with the very fragile Launch Control...
Old 04-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #27
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
So in a nutshell...

Audi is in the shop, I'm in Disney for the weekend... needed a car... friend of mine who owns a Caddy dealership hooked me up with a sweet new CTS-V.

Thing is a beast. Tons of power, tons of good looks, tons of comfort. Love the character of the car... very edgy/aggressive, while still maintaining a luxury car ambiance. Its not perfect, but I'm a big fan. Easy car to become attached to.

Thinking about picking one up. Wondering if there were any V owners on this forum? If I picked one up I'd be changing out the pipes IMMEDIATELY... this is the quietest 556hp machine ever made...

Wifey has the CTS-V and will not let me mod it period........

CORSA just came out with new exhaust for it, and have my ears on it
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #28
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
OK... and of course if U're comparing the Audi FLAGSHIP to the Cadillac Midsizer performance car. I'd say wait til next year when the XTS hits... Cadillac looks to have a real competitor to the A8, 7Series, and S-Class.
Listen, I'm not trying to dish out anything against the CTS-V. If I didn't think it was a great car, I wouldn't be thinking about buying one. Easily more impressive on normal roads* than the German competition in its price bracket.

*I say normal roads due to my lack of track experience with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Wifey has the CTS-V and will not let me mod it period........

CORSA just came out with new exhaust for it, and have my ears on it
Thanks for the tip