Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #29
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Lol. I didn't mean to confuse you. That sounds very pricy to me for the amount of work involved.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
I installed my cutouts myself no lift but have a welder..about 3 hours. I put them right in the first bend in the factory exhaust right after the mid pipes. I also put te rocker switch right in front of the key in that dead spot on the 2010 where the HUD switch is in the '11's and up. No need to hide it, I can close them in a hurry if I pass a cop since they are open 99% of the time.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #31
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
If you already have LT, High Flow, and an aftermarket catback...

is there any power to be gained by doing this and opening them, or lost, or?
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #32
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
If you already have LT, High Flow, and an aftermarket catback...

is there any power to be gained by doing this and opening them, or lost, or?
If you put them before the cats you might gain a tiny bit up top, but you would lose a little low end torque. It's not enough to justify the cost based on just power.

Honestly you would be better off just ditching the HF cats.

If you are talking about all out track gains your best option is to ditch the 60 lbs of HF cats/X pipe/catback and add some header extensions. The weight loss and extra HP up top will give you a nice boost in performance.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #33
Ph4r
Top Down Fun

Drives: 11 2SS/RS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Cool... no worries, youre right dealers are MUCH more expensive. I do not have a shop, I just have a welder and the ability to cut the stock exhaust. I really just do it for fun. I have installed about 4 or 5 sets so far and I have two sets in "stock". If you were closer, I'd say to bring your car to me but thats not going to work as the cost of getting here and spending the night would make it not worth it. I am about 5 hours south of you and it takes about 4 hours without messing with the braces since I don't have a lift... a one day shot would be a lot for you.
Mine were done by idiots, but everywhere that I called quoted me 4 shop hours. Most Performance Shops around here charge at least $80 per shop hour. Rodgers also installs the digital controller typically (which I also have) which is another $100 or so. Maybe they have switched to the Remote Control Now, I don't know but it's about the same price.

Shadetree will always be cheaper than a shop.

Daily Driver: 2016 Ford Fusion Titanium with 2 car seats in the back!
Ph4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #34
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
With these low profile oval cut out I bet I could get them to fit with the stock braces in place. All it would take is a little exhaust cutting and rewelding. Too bad you aren't in TX.

Listen to him... he knows his stuff... I am not sure what the underside of a convertible looks like but the low profile DMH cutouts dont really take up much space.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #35
redZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Conv.
I finally got my QTP cutouts installed onto my ZL1 convertible today by Bumberas in Katy, Tx. I can confirm that there is not enough room under the convertibles unless you replace the stock braces with the ARH brace. There is plenty of room after installing the ARH brace.
redZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote