Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Has anyone seen these issues with their top?

this is the 3rd top for this car. After 8 months, the material on the driver's side started flapping against the frame when the top was retracted. This was causing a holeto be worn in the fabric where it was flapping against the frame.

Look at the pics (one's pretty dark - sorry)- I noticed these issues after I picked up the car. first, there is some plastic showing on the driver's side right where the roof touches the windshield support frame. And the driver & passenger side both have a frame bolt showing because there's a little strap that seems to be routed incorrectly.

there was also a string hanging down on each side; I stuffed the one on the driver's side back up under the material & it hasn't fallen back down. The one on the passenger side has fallen down more than when I first saw it.

How do I tell if I got the new frame that was introduced last year? It was replaced about 2 weeks before everyone here was saying that it was supposed to be coming out. The service manager told me that they "got it from the factory early, before the official release date".

If the dealerships were just trained more on these roofs, there wouldn't be a lot of the problems that there are.
Attached Images

classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
I did have a loose cord once inside on then passenger side. Tucked it back in and hasn't happened since...
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I just had the new fabric top put on, then started this thread. the dealership that just did the new fabric top told me it was their 1st one ever & they'd send anymore that come in to a specialty "top shop". I stopped at another dealer today to have things examined. Their mechanic had done a couple camaro tops & Corvette tops before- he told me:

- Some of the straps were routed incorrectly. The 1st dealership even put it on my receipt that i'd have to "manually adjust straps" every time putting the top back up in order to avoid the straps getting caught between support arms

- The interior liner was too stretched out & needed replacement The 1st dealership noted this on the receipt, but didn't replace the liner!.

- The water drainage bags were not hooked up correctly. Good thing it hasn't rained hard here, otherwise my floorboad would be flooded out.

they're waiting on approval from GM to fix these things the RIGHT way...
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
Del's12SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
There is a lot of great information on this site.

I have not had problems...yet, but monitor this page incase issues start.

Best of Luck

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/226942550693692/
Del's12SS is offline   Reply With Quote