Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 12-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Question for Florida or Sec Fans ??????

It looks like TEXAS defensive coordinator choices are Miami's Randy Shannon and Florida's Teryl Austin.
The talk or rumor is that Teryl Austin is on his way to austin sometime today to do a in house meeting with UT coach Mack Brown. Randy Shannon seems to be the odd guy in this situation.

All I know of this Austin guy is he has been Florida's coach for one year other than that I dont know how good his recruiting is nor really know anything as in what kind of defense he runs.

Kind of a scary deal when our last two Defense Cordinators have been Gene chizik ( auburns head coach now ) and Will Muschamp ( Floridas new head coach )

If Austin committs we will probably lose our #1 recruiting class coming in by defense recruits talking about decommitting since Muschamp left. Only thing holding them here right now is hearing Mack Brown say we will replace Will with another big name Coach.

Teryl Austin doesnt ring any bells to me.

PQ im sure right now you are smiling ear to ear as right now the future looks VERY GLOOMY as to where we are heading.

why cant 2010 just come to an end already im beyond a headache with this season.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Name:  big_smile.png
Views: 255
Size:  11.3 KB
Old 12-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
My suggestion for you is to jump on the bandwagon of the real UT - Go Vols!!
camaro2ssblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
It sounds like he has a pretty decent resume...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgraves View Post
My suggestion for you is to jump on the bandwagon of the real UT - Go Vols!!
They have a football program at TU? I knew they had a good women's basketball program!!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
Nunt uh..................
Old 12-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

PQ I understand with your two teams being the Bills and Sooners you sit here thinking to yourself this is GREAT however just remember FOR ANY TEAM down time never last. Besides your defense imo has sucked since Mike stoops left and the one thing that kept yall rolling was your offense
if im not mistaking your former Qb is calling the shots no one ever said yall were a promise to kick ass either lol

its all good

And as for jumping a bandwagon and following Tennessee.
#1 Fiddles and Banjo's give me a headache therefore I would hate the fight song.

#2 Besides listening to that Noise the band plays after TD's I think I would hurl staring at the Parina dog chow end zone .

#3 and compared to UT TEXAS yall are poor and dont have the $$$$$$$$$$ we have so No Thanks.

Thanks for answering my original questions guys I guess yall know nothing about this guy either lol

hey CamaroScooter yeah his resume doesnt look to bad I was just curious what kind of defense he ran. oh well its all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post

You can say that again lol
Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
PQ I understand with your two teams being the Bills and Sooners you sit here thinking to yourself this is GREAT however just remember FOR ANY TEAM down time never last. Besides your defense imo has sucked since Mike stoops left and the one thing that kept yall rolling was your offense
if im not mistaking your former Qb is calling the shots no one ever said yall were a promise to kick ass either lol
I agree on the defense part. EASILY.

I feel much better with our offense on the feild than the D. Used to be the other way around.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I agree on the defense part. EASILY.

I feel much better with our offense on the feild than the D. Used to be the other way around.

Yeah Mike stoops was a god cordinator.

Having mangino and leach together didnt hurt either on your team.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
LOL at Purina dog chow end zone.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #12
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Figure I'm well qualified to make the analysis for you.

Coach Austin is a better position coach than coordinator. Under his coaching, our defense played above expectations on takeaways (for the first half of the season) leading the nation with 9 INT's through the first 3 games. We couldn't force them in the second half, but traditionally, even going back to his NFL days where he was a DB position coach for the Arizona Cardinals, his players were always taught to go for the pick rather than the tackle, subsequently forcing more turnovers. Our linebackers and defensive line underperformed terribly the entire year, so much so that had Urban stayed those position coaches were likely going to go. We generated zero pass rush the entire year, and Coach Austin's blitzes were very unimaginative. However, the reason that after a single season Coach Austin's job was under scrutiny was our 3rd down play on defense. We just couldn't dial up a defense on 3rd down to get the offense off the field. Against Mississippi state, at home, in our own homecoming game, they ran the ball against us 22 of 24 plays in the 2nd half. And we couldn't stop them. He refused to go to a heavy set formation because he was convinced they were 'just about to throw in a play action'. He was a clear and obvious step down from Charlie Strong, now the head coach at Louisville. Urban called out Coach Austin publicly multiple times last season, something he has not done with any other coach during his tenure at Florida.

Btw. Thanks for Coach Boom
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Figure I'm well qualified to make the analysis for you.

Coach Austin is a better position coach than coordinator. Under his coaching, our defense played above expectations on takeaways (for the first half of the season) leading the nation with 9 INT's through the first 3 games. We couldn't force them in the second half, but traditionally, even going back to his NFL days where he was a DB position coach for the Arizona Cardinals, his players were always taught to go for the pick rather than the tackle, subsequently forcing more turnovers. Our linebackers and defensive line underperformed terribly the entire year, so much so that had Urban stayed those position coaches were likely going to go. We generated zero pass rush the entire year, and Coach Austin's blitzes were very unimaginative. However, the reason that after a single season Coach Austin's job was under scrutiny was our 3rd down play on defense. We just couldn't dial up a defense on 3rd down to get the offense off the field. Against Mississippi state, at home, in our own homecoming game, they ran the ball against us 22 of 24 plays in the 2nd half. And we couldn't stop them. He refused to go to a heavy set formation because he was convinced they were 'just about to throw in a play action'. He was a clear and obvious step down from Charlie Strong, now the head coach at Louisville. Urban called out Coach Austin publicly multiple times last season, something he has not done with any other coach during his tenure at Florida.

Btw. Thanks for Coach Boom

He speaketh.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #14
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

He speaketh.

Hows my favorite sooner doin?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote