Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #29
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
Yup.....any vehicle that comes with a flower vase is an absolute chick car!!

Against the car guy rules......sorry.
:tweetz: :tweetz:
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #30
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
my next money may be on a Cuda too. depends on g.m. it's been almost 2 years waiting for a resolution on my camaro. all i hear is crickets.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #31
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrykiller1 View Post
my next money may be on a Cuda too. depends on g.m. it's been almost 2 years waiting for a resolution on my camaro. all i hear is crickets.
It's not like GM has poor Customer Service...they have EXCELLENT CS.
It just depends on which car you own.

A friend of mine backed over his Chevy Volt's charging plug in his garage.
Crushed it into a zillion pieces. Went from round to oval.
A local Chevy dealership came out to his house in less than two hours with a new plug and cord.

They overnight parts to your local dealer.
They'll wipe your butt if you ask them nicely >>

It all depends on what car you buy from GM.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #32
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
I love my 2012 Camaro Convertible, but without front wheel drive, I found out you must be very careful as I was in the freeze rain and snow that hit us while I was in a meeting. My last car was of course front-wheel drive and those 18 months I spent back in Montana again was easy getting around.
Anyway I've not had a single thing go wrong and have had the top down plenty of times. Bought it in April 2012 and perhap since it was built 2/14/12 it was past all the trouble some owners have had. Michael in Virginia
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #33
mygen5

Drives: 2011 ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Bella View Post
Hi Bodih,

Sorry to hear about the 5th bow breaking, I am still amazed at your tonneau clip design that you sent me last year.
I know how much you love your car and it is one of the most beautiful orange beauty I have ever seen.
You might ask your dealer to see if you can extend the warranty
as other members here on the forum have done.
Good luck,

Gio
Gio would you mine briefing me on the tonn. Clips I jud st ordered the cover give me some insight on this app. And install.
mygen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #34
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygen5 View Post
Gio would you mine briefing me on the tonn. Clips I jud st ordered the cover give me some insight on this app. And install.
The details are in Post #26.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=223523&page=2
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #35
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Here we go again...

Well, after 2 years of believing I was one of the few to escape the serious top problems...

Just 2 months after replacing the 5th bow, it broke again. Unfortunately, while I was entered in a car show! Needless to say, I didn't win. The top looked like a loose fitting tube top on a crack addict!!!

Also shortly after the first 5th bow repair, while driving out to Lake Havasu for the London Bridge gathering, we experienced heavy rains, which soaked my floor behind the driver's seat. this happened over-night while the car was parked, so it wasn't like I was driving with the window down.

I'll be at the dealership tomorrow morning, as its the only day off I have this week, and need this issue fixed ASAP before the next event. I just passed 30K miles this weekend, so I'm anxious for a permanent fix before the warranty vaporizes!

I'm pressing for a complete assembly replacement and extended warranty. So far, this will make 1 canvas replacement, 1 visit for TSB top repairs, 2 5th bow breaks, 1 water management bag problem, 1 window re-tint for the top replacement, and 2 or 3 visits before the canvas replacement where the prior dealership told me nothing was wrong.

I'm hoping for a quick and satisfactory resolution. I've been very happy with this dealership, and don't expect a battle, but I want a permanent fix that will last past the car's warranty.

More to come...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #36
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
[QUOTE=Bodih;6174080]

but I want a permanent fix that will last past the car's warranty.

I think that is all anyone that has experienced problems is looking for,including myself.
So Far GM Canada has refused to extend the warranty on my top, and it will be going in for more repairs (again) after the winter hibernation.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #37
mygen5

Drives: 2011 ss/rs
tonn. clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
For anyone that's had the 5th bow repair, what was your repair (bow replacement, frame replacement, ignored by service manager...)? If items were replaced, are they using an improved design/material? I did a search for "5th bow", but the results were overwhelming and not very specific. I know in the past, folks had bought new cars off the lot, not aware the bow was broken at the time!

Mine broke last Friday. I've had the fabric replaced 18 months ago, and had the top TSB's performed this year. Never had another problem 'til now. It's in the shop today, and the guys have been great. One of the techs said they've repaired a few before. it's an all-day event, so they gave me a rental for the day without having to ask.

My concern is whether the repair is an adequate fix, or just a replacement with the same type of part. Can I expect this to snap again in 10K miles when my top warranty has expired? Or do I pursue the full frame and water management bag replacement in anticipation of later problems? Like I said, I've been very pleased with the performance of my top so far, but I don't want to agonize over a ticking time bomb.

I'll be talking to them again when I pick up the car. Just curious of the succes rate of the repairs, and where it goes from here.

Thanks
I was wondering if you had anymore of the dlips you made or if you could seen me something that shows how i could make them for mine convert. I responded to another web site and they mentioned your name.
you can pm me if you like
Thanks Terry
mygen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #38
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Well, after 2 years of believing I was one of the few to escape the serious top problems...

Just 2 months after replacing the 5th bow, it broke again. Unfortunately, while I was entered in a car show! Needless to say, I didn't win. The top looked like a loose fitting tube top on a crack addict!!!

Also shortly after the first 5th bow repair, while driving out to Lake Havasu for the London Bridge gathering, we experienced heavy rains, which soaked my floor behind the driver's seat. this happened over-night while the car was parked, so it wasn't like I was driving with the window down.

I'll be at the dealership tomorrow morning, as its the only day off I have this week, and need this issue fixed ASAP before the next event. I just passed 30K miles this weekend, so I'm anxious for a permanent fix before the warranty vaporizes!

I'm pressing for a complete assembly replacement and extended warranty. So far, this will make 1 canvas replacement, 1 visit for TSB top repairs, 2 5th bow breaks, 1 water management bag problem, 1 window re-tint for the top replacement, and 2 or 3 visits before the canvas replacement where the prior dealership told me nothing was wrong.

I'm hoping for a quick and satisfactory resolution. I've been very happy with this dealership, and don't expect a battle, but I want a permanent fix that will last past the car's warranty.

More to come...
Well, back in the shop for the 5th bow repair and water bag replacement this morning. It's always a pleasure working with my service rep at the dealership. Unfortunately, we've seen each other so much lately, he asks how my kids are doing!
He says it will be done by Friday, and even he hopes this will be the last time I'm in for this problem.

Brandon;

Before you shake your pom-poms and udder words of encouragement (lip service), the first two words out of your mouth better be "warranty extension"...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #39
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Bodih,
IMO, anyone that has experienced roof troubles should automatically be given a extended warranty for the tops and water management bag .

In my case, so far GM Canada has refused to extend the warranty.I had requested time extension and not mileage as my vert is stored about 5 months out of the year.My vert is scheduled to go in for more repairs as soon as its out of winter storage and I will see what GM Canada has to say at that point.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #40
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Well, back in the shop for the 5th bow repair and water bag replacement this morning. It's always a pleasure working with my service rep at the dealership. Unfortunately, we've seen each other so much lately, he asks how my kids are doing!
He says it will be done by Friday, and even he hopes this will be the last time I'm in for this problem.

Brandon;

Before you shake your pom-poms and udder words of encouragement (lip service), the first two words out of your mouth better be "warranty extension"...
I cannot guarantee there to be any type of warranty extension on this component. However, let me know how the rest of the repair goes.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #41
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I cannot guarantee there to be any type of warranty extension on this component. However, let me know how the rest of the repair goes.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Brandon,
why is it that some are given warranty extensions while others have not and have experienced the same problems?

Does GM really think that any of us would run out and buy another GM vehicle of anykind if GM doesn't stand behind a known problem?

In my case , all I am saying is that my convertible is stored for half the year and after spending many more $$$ than it would have cost me to purchase a ford mustang at the time, I would really love to get a couple of years of trouble free driving and I have yet to have a trouble free driving season,so that I know the car is good, and that is why GM should be extending the time limit portion of the warranty for the tops and NOT the mileage portion.Mine is going in for it's 3rd roof related repair as soon as it's out of winter storage.

If GM was to extend the warranty it would put my faith back into GM (for standing behind their products) and I would consider more GM vehicles when it comes to purchasing one.I have owned at least one GM vehicle since 1980 and I have purchased many new GM cars in that time period. We should not have to plead,beg etc....especially when there is known problems.I know not all have experienced issues, but the warranty extensions should be automatically given to those that have experienced issues, ie broken 5th bow, flood in backseat etc.This is good business practise for keeping customers.

Last edited by '11 cyber grey vert; 02-28-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #42
Gio Bella

Drives: Camaro 2SS Convertible,blk,blk int
'11 cyber gray vert,

Thank you so much for your written words as I am much like you,
I bought my ss convertible for the reason of spending many years driving it only in the late spring till early fall season's and then storing my car for 6-7 month's, I bought my car (12/24/2011) not as a daily driver but to own a beautiful camaro convertible that will be driven only 6 months a year,my car sits in a heated garage and has never been in the rain one day, I have a total of 742 miles as I put it away on September 19th 2012, and won't be taking it out of the garage till April 1st. I owned several convertibles in my life but none have had wrinkles and wear marks with this amount of miles on them. I too could have bought a Mustang but have always been a GM customer so It would be nice to know that an extended warranty would include the flawed top design so I that 3 years from now when I lower the top and the 5th bow breaks, It would be fixed at no charge to me.

Gio
Gio Bella is offline   Reply With Quote