Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
Rattles

Ok, due to obvious reasons, the convertible should be prone to more noises. I have 2k miles and so far my most annoying rattle (squeak really) is from the seal between the front and rear windows. Every bump I hear them, and then some dash squeaks.

So, whats an acceptable level of extra rattling that is to be expected from a convertible? How does yours sound? Any different in the cold?
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
jpwickl

Drives: 2013 2LT Convertible
Well,

I've had mine a little over two months. I live in north Florida. I only say that as to why i have been able to drive a bit ore than most with the top down.....

the only "squeaks" I hear, and I only notice it with the top up, and it sounds like a have a styrofoam doggie box that is full, and rubbing on the plastic side inside my glove box.

Please don't be offended that I added a picture, but that is what goes through my head when I hear it.
Attached Images

jpwickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRay-J View Post
Ok, due to obvious reasons, the convertible should be prone to more noises. I have 2k miles and so far my most annoying rattle (squeak really) is from the seal between the front and rear windows. Every bump I hear them, and then some dash squeaks.

So, whats an acceptable level of extra rattling that is to be expected from a convertible? How does yours sound? Any different in the cold?

We apologize for the dissatisfaction you are currently experiencing. Have you been to a dealership to see if they can pinpoint your concern? Please let us know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 03-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRay-J View Post

Agree with all you said above. Top not nearly as squeaky in the cold as when it warms up. Here in Houston, we are getting into the upper 70s already and the squeak is making it's yearly return. That area you describe is right where the 5th bow is.

My dash is beginning to have some creaks and rattles too.... $45K car!! I'm sure the dealer I bought my car from will blame it on my engine mods!

I can't put up with another year of this!!
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwickl View Post
I've had mine a little over two months. I live in north Florida. I only say that as to why i have been able to drive a bit ore than most with the top down.....

the only "squeaks" I hear, and I only notice it with the top up, and it sounds like a have a styrofoam doggie box that is full, and rubbing on the plastic side inside my glove box.

Please don't be offended that I added a picture, but that is what goes through my head when I hear it.
BINGO!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Drives: 2012 Twin Turbo Super Sport
I just came from the dealer a few hours ago and "bingo"...they say they cant pin-point the sound. They are saying "intake rattle" or "exhaust rattle"...I bet if i painted my engine cover, they would have said "It might be the extra weight of the paint on your engine cover knocking against your intake manifold" smh. I told them the rattling was there 2 weeks ago before I began mods! I swear these dealerships and these warranties are a joke!!

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
fab410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Agree with all you said above. Top not nearly as squeaky in the cold as when it warms up. Here in Houston, we are getting into the upper 70s already and the squeak is making it's yearly return. That area you describe is right where the 5th bow is.

My dash is beginning to have some creaks and rattles too.... $45K car!! I'm sure the dealer I bought my car from will blame it on my engine mods!

I can't put up with another year of this!!
Yeah but i have no mods,and i hear the same I only have 6600 miles
Old 03-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #8
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
I'm kind of surprised to hear this. We've got about 6 convertible owners in the club, and no one has ever mentioned squeaking or rattling. I'm approaching 31K on mine, and I've always thought this was the quietest convertible I've ever owned!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
BlueRay-J

Seems like two different issues. My squeaks happen when its colder, but go away in warmer weather.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Go to your dealer and get it checked out.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #11
blgl1800

Drives: 11 SS/RS Vert/E-ForceSupercharger
14,000 miles, tons of mods = NO squeek / NO rattle.
blgl1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

There is a squeak caused by the stock L99 exhaust that there is a TSB for. Guess what, the TSB says there is no repair for this problem. I think I scanned and posted it on C5 before.

I knew I was changing my exhaust soon after I went to the dealer for the issue so I just rolled my eyes and left.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #13
BLACKCAMARO2SS

Drives: 50TH ANNIVERSARY 2SS CONVERTIBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
There is a squeak caused by the stock L99 exhaust that there is a TSB for. Guess what, the TSB says there is no repair for this problem. I think I scanned and posted it on C5 before.

I knew I was changing my exhaust soon after I went to the dealer for the issue so I just rolled my eyes and left.
Yes I posted about this rattle. L99 exhaust damper valve springs. Dealer told me about it and said it was normal no repair. F-ing annoying so I went with a Solo cat back. There might be a new TSB on it now.
BLACKCAMARO2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
BlueRay-J

I do get the "wire vibration" sound from under my passenger seat when accelerating when the engine is cold. I'm hoping that goes away once I can get a corsa installed.