Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-14-2018, 06:21 PM   #1
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Dedicated ZL1 1LE Forum

I love both variants, but would like to see a dedicated 1LE thread to make it easier to find content related to it. Just a thought.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:35 PM   #2
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
I love both variants, but would like to see a dedicated 1LE thread to make it easier to find content related to it. Just a thought.
+1. For the exact reasons that you posted Justified.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
:deadhorse:
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:45 PM   #4
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I've seen a lot of people request this. Just a quick summary from my POV.

1) Wheels/Tires: There are tons of people who will mess with wheel size/tire size no matter what car variant they have, no consistency here that a separate forum section would clarify

2) Aero parts: There will be people adopting 1LE parts onto their ZL1, no consistency here that a separate forum section would clarify

3) Weight difference: So little changed here that the weight of the drivers could impact this more, no consistency here that a separate forum section would clarify

4) Suspension: One of the few things I don't see much crossbreeding on right now, a separate forum could possible help here

I don't see any reason to create a new forum section, you will wind up with duplication as the new problem between the two sections instead of the combined posting we have right now. Duplication is worse since not everyone will see the thread necessarily and provide comments/answers to drive it to closure.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:50 PM   #5
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
I've seen a lot of people request this. Just a quick summary from my POV.

1) Wheels/Tires: There are tons of people who will mess with wheel size/tire size no matter what car variant they have, no consistency here that a separate forum section would clarify

2) Aero parts: There will be people adopting 1LE parts onto their ZL1, no consistency here that a separate forum section would clarify

3) Weight difference: So little changed here that the weight of the drivers could impact this more, no consistency here that a separate forum section would clarify

4) Suspension: One of the few things I don't see much crossbreeding on right now, a separate forum could possible help here

I don't see any reason to create a new forum section, you will wind up with duplication as the new problem between the two sections instead of the combined posting we have right now. Duplication is worse since not everyone will see the thread necessarily and provide comments/answers to drive it to closure.
I am not an owner so likely have a different perspective, but can see the value of cross-sharing information.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #6
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
I am not an owner so likely have a different perspective, but can see the value of cross-sharing information.
There’s not enough people posting about the ZL1 1LE to even fill up a separate sub. Maybe a DSSV forum for those interested. But even that is pretty pointless as there’s not much to play with and talk about besides camber. Plus the ZL1 forum is already several large steps above the General Cam 6 forum in intelligence and maturity level anyway. I don’t think it gets better than this
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:36 AM   #7
Xlr8ion

Drives: 2013 Cayenne GTS
Let me see there are about 8 of us with the 1LE thats going to be a lot of action....
Xlr8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #8
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Also never understood why there isn't a LT4 sub forum, since there is a LT1, V6 and turbo 4 sub?