Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #981
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy

This refresh would sell like hot cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #982
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
It has been broke for 3 yrs... Sales never saw a pick up when the gen6 came out and now have pretty much tanked compared to competition. Btw Mustang seems in the same sinking boat after the latest refresh. GM had to do something different as doing more of the same never leads to better results. So they changed the overall look of the car completely. Styling is subjective and only sales numbers will prove if their refresh choices were correct or not. Personally i see a lot of retro split bumper cues on the SS grille and dont mind it at all. But it is a very different look thats for sure.

NB theyve raised the height of the front splitter. A lot.
So this also contributes to a very different look. Less aggressive imo but easier on the curbs. Thats proly why they went with an extractor hood to increase front downforce and why they added Vette like rubber dams below the splitter...
I wouldn't say they've tanked. One thing hurting Camaro is that GM just hasn't put any good incentives on these cars in like 2 years. Look how much more expensive the 6th gen is over a 5th gen from 8 years ago. It just costs a lot more to get into a Camaro now than it did with the 5th gen. The Challenger is on a platform that dates back to the Model A Ford so they can afford to throw big incentives at that car. That's a big reason that its sales have increased.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:32 PM   #983
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
Since they wanted different front fascias, they should have gone the C6 Grand Sport/Z06 route. Given the SS more of a ZL1 look. Wouldn't have the supercharged engine, but also wouldn't have the supercharged price. I don't know many people that don't like the look of the current ZL1. I think that would be a big seller while waiting for the 7th gen to come out. That's what I would have done - but nobody asked me to be in charge of the refresh.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #984
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Unless the SS 1LE looks better to me(I hope it does), looks like Ill be buying a used C6 until the 7th gen comes.

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #985
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
When I keep on looking at the redesign, the look is slightly growing on me. I think at this point, I need to see this car in person to really hate on it more.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #986
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Never noticed until now but the bow tie is in that location on a lot of product so I think its about design language more than function. It has to make a miniscule difference in air flow.

I've acclimated to the SS completely and have not problem with the flow tie. I daily drive my 16 SS blade spoiler so ...if Chevy offered to swap me into a 19 I'll gladly be rolling advertisement for them. So folks and be exposed to it.
Yes indeed a bowtie in that location incl blacked out belt to separate top and bottom grilles is as old as Chevy. But rather new to Camaro...
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #987
TrackClub

Great renders thanks!

Could you please do another set if possible with the fingers but original black belt and flowtie on it vs above it? Many thx!
Old 04-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #988
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
I like the new look, it's very modern and trendy. The new aero and infotainment upgrades are a nice touch. Change is always good, I'm sure this will help boost sales.

Its sad people are against even the smallest changes in life, even a simple refresh of a car they do not own or ever will. These same people are so against the change they start arguments with people in their own community over a different opinion.

Change is good, the purpose of life is to move forward and take risks (for individuals and companies). If your reading this step back and ask your self why do you dislike this refresh and why does your opinion even matter? GM has made the changes are you going to go against the company you like? If so why even comment at all knowing new Camaro adopters may like this refresh better? Everyone can go buy a used 17' or 18' if they like the look better.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #989
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I wouldn't say they've tanked. One thing hurting Camaro is that GM just hasn't put any good incentives on these cars in like 2 years. Look how much more expensive the 6th gen is over a 5th gen from 8 years ago. It just costs a lot more to get into a Camaro now than it did with the 5th gen. The Challenger is on a platform that dates back to the Model A Ford so they can afford to throw big incentives at that car. That's a big reason that its sales have increased.
If the only way they can get really strong sales is by putting cash on the hood..that's a bad sign.

I remember when the 5th Gen came out..people were gobbling them up at MSRP, or even MSRP+..sometimes 10,000 a month, with many at MSRP.

The fact is that the Gen 6 got more expensive and the market is saturated with Camaro..same with the Mustang and Challenger. The difference is you can reliably get below MSRP with the Mustang (X-plan) and FCA usually has pretty good promos on the Challenger.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #990
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
I like the new look, it's very modern and trendy. The new aero and infotainment upgrades are a nice touch. Change is always good, I'm sure this will help boost sales.

Its sad people are against even the smallest changes in life, even a simple refresh of a car they do not own or ever will. These same people are so against the change they start arguments with people in their own community over a different opinion.

Change is good, the purpose of life is to move forward and take risks (for individuals and companies). If your reading this step back and ask your self why do you dislike this refresh and why does your opinion even matter? GM has made the changes are you going to go against the company you like? If so why even comment at all knowing new Camaro adopters may like this refresh better? Everyone can go buy a used 17' or 18' if they like the look better.
No one is seriously against change, I think people are simply sensitive to degraded looks. @Memphis43's take on the front bumper is pretty good, for example.

What people take issue with is backward change that makes things worse or inconsistent, which isn't good, and btw neither are l'art pour l'art changes that add no value. Change, while absolutely necessary (in agreement with you), is not automatically good "by definition", it needs to be worked out thoroughly and earn acceptance, which is progressively more difficult as a product matures.

But then again I know this opinion doesn't matter either

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #991
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
there you go. we're all just 'Haters' .
No one liked the 5th. No one liked the 2016.
Attached Images

AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #992
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
Al O is a blowhard jackass, someone really should put a muzzle on him or send him out to pasture.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #993
TrackClub

Quote:
You are overly generalizing the situation and this reply is out of context. So dont just spread hate and feel sorry for yourself as there is no reason for that.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #994
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:

I loved the 6th gen release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!