Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-17-2022, 11:52 AM   #1
cnardi91

Drives: 2013 camaro ZL1
KONG LSA-X port dyno results

Recently had a kong lsa-X port installed on the car as well as a fuel system and 9.1 lower pulley. To say I’m impressed is an understatement. The car picked up a ton of power and pulls like a fright train up top. For a stock ported blower this is insane lol highly recommend.
Follow the car on YT and Instagram @cnardi91

Mods are

Kong lsa-X port
2.30 upper
9.1 lower
RCR cam
Rpm fuel system
Id1050x injectors
Nick williams 103 tb
Rpm 5 inch intake
Kooks headers
Afco heat exchanger
The car is on e85 and meth
Stock heads

My first drive
https://youtu.be/WoNHKos6qEw

Dyno video
https://youtu.be/w496PpDiVoA
cnardi91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 03:28 PM   #2
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
I emailed Greg about getting it done to my ported supercharger. It’s been 2 weeks and no response. My guess is he doesn’t want to do x ports on superchargers he didn’t port the first time. Weapon x did my port.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:39 PM   #3
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Badass build bro. I've been following your car on IG and love the content.

Get a clutch next lol
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 11:56 PM   #4
Badasschevy
Butch OC

Drives: 15' Camaro ZL1 M6
How much hp gain with the kong port
Old 03-30-2022, 05:49 AM   #5
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badasschevy View Post
How much hp gain with the kong port
Watch the video. From 716/679 to 876/810, but that includes the addition of lower pulley and E.

Pretty rowdy. I just picked up a CTS V and I'll probably be copying that recipe

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:09 AM   #6
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
Your car did really awesome with the E85 tune as well as pump gas. My friend just got his Gen 5 Zl1 back from Livernois they ported the supercharger and snout (no welding or epoxy) in house and added the NW103 and the Roto Fab big gulp series 5 inch, it dynode 787 on pump gas no E85 on car and it's an auto tranny, they used SAE smoothing 5 on the dyno. I noticed RPM used standard smoothing 5, this makes me wonder what is Livernois doing different with there supercharger porting vs Kong. It also have the ARH 2 inch headers no cats, Livernois cam, heat exchanger and fuel pump. I am very impressed with your results as well, I just wonder about the two different supercharger porting methods. Livernois and Wilson Manifold have turned out some awesome results without any epoxy or welding work, really would like to compare the port work side by side.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:32 AM   #7
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
Your car did really awesome with the E85 tune as well as pump gas. My friend just got his Gen 5 Zl1 back from Livernois they ported the supercharger and snout (no welding or epoxy) in house and added the NW103 and the Roto Fab big gulp series 5 inch, it dynode 787 on pump gas no E85 on car and it's an auto tranny, they used SAE smoothing 5 on the dyno. I noticed RPM used standard smoothing 5, this makes me wonder what is Livernois doing different with there supercharger porting vs Kong. It also have the ARH 2 inch headers no cats, Livernois cam, heat exchanger and fuel pump. I am very impressed with your results as well, I just wonder about the two different supercharger porting methods. Livernois and Wilson Manifold have turned out some awesome results without any epoxy or welding work, really would like to compare the port work side by side.
I'm not overwhelmed with dyno results, SAE corrected or not. There are still variables, not the least of which is rubber, road and conditions. I have similar mods as the op, sans meth, and mine dynoed at 717 w/ E60. I can still spin rubber at 60mph with my 17" MT's on. The test for me is with this much hp, can you break 10.0, and, if so, by how much.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:08 PM   #8
Little Walter

Totally agree to a degree. What I like most about dyno's is being able to compare your baseline from the beginning and knowing what your end result gains are alone with tuning from idle to redline.. My friends ZL1 does run mid 9's which it is a auto. I am certain cnardi91 car will run very good numbers as well all the RPM cars that I've seen at the track have all been respectable. I was mainly speaking of the different methods that's being used to port superchargers and the results that's all, is Livernois or Wilson Manifold port work producing the same or greater flow/ power as the X port with less cutting and no welding or epoxy. Now as far as breaking the tires at 60 mph on 17 inch MT's I do not consider that a good thing, I have a hutter performance built engine in my car with a turbo 400 tranny and it makes well over a 1000whp on their mustang dyno and I can not spin my MT's at 60mph it just hook and go, but my car run high 5:50's in the 1/8 mile consistently but of course they setup my suspension as well. But again I was on speaking of the different methods of supercharger porting and just notice that STD smoothing will give you a higher hp dyno reading.

Last edited by Little Walter; 03-30-2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2022, 05:34 PM   #9
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Agreed. Apples to apples, oranges to oranges is what dynos are good for.

Insofar as porting, I've seen no direct comparisons for porting, whether it be Kong, Livernois, Full Tilt, etc. I've read a complete port (of sc and snout) is good for between 40-80hp, but then you get into the variables of 103 mm tb vs. others, etc.

How does 1k hp drive on the street?
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 06:08 PM   #10
Little Walter

You are correct, I was just curious if the X Port work is worth it verse how the other guys are making them work. As far as 1000 on the street, I drive it to the daiquiri shop and of course we race on Almonaster which is a good hooking street, it's a full body ZL1, but of course we have several new mustang gt's down here that have the whipple upgrades that are running high 5'80's with a tire on them and are daily drivers as well as some ported supercharger demons as well. There are a lot of strong cars nowadays. But I am always impressed with the 1.9 LSA supercharger how quick it makes horsepower and tote the load for it's size, still pound for pound the most efficient supercharger yet.
Old 03-31-2022, 06:47 AM   #11
Dega Man

Cnardi91 car made a awesome gain with the KONG X Port and RPM Tuning. You don't hear a lot mentioned about Wilson Manifold but they are some old pro's on air flow and know many tricks about air flow and so does Livernois motorsports as well, but it seems like kong got the LSA charger figured out, very impressive.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:14 PM   #12
xdamxincx
Banned

Drives: zl1 blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
Totally agree to a degree. What I like most about dyno's is being able to compare your baseline from the beginning and knowing what your end result gains are alone with tuning from idle to redline.. My friends ZL1 does run mid 9's which it is a auto. I am certain cnardi91 car will run very good numbers as well all the RPM cars that I've seen at the track have all been respectable. I was mainly speaking of the different methods that's being used to port superchargers and the results that's all, is Livernois or Wilson Manifold port work producing the same or greater flow/ power as the X port with less cutting and no welding or epoxy. Now as far as breaking the tires at 60 mph on 17 inch MT's I do not consider that a good thing, I have a hutter performance built engine in my car with a turbo 400 tranny and it makes well over a 1000whp on their mustang dyno and I can not spin my MT's at 60mph it just hook and go, but my car run high 5:50's in the 1/8 mile consistently but of course they setup my suspension as well. But again I was on speaking of the different methods of supercharger porting and just notice that STD smoothing will give you a higher hp dyno reading.
got any vids of these 5.50s passes ?
xdamxincx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:29 AM   #13
Little Walter

No we grudge race track and street no times or anything displayed you know how that works. I like the wheel setup on your car, I have the bogarts on mines., Also my hood is similar who made yours? I will PM you I do not want to highjack or turn the subject away from what the OP is posting about here.

Last edited by Little Walter; 04-01-2022 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:09 AM   #14
Nmbr1gmfan

Drives: Fast
OP, what does the "RPM fuel system" consist of?