Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-27-2023, 05:17 PM   #1
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Is the ZL1 1LE gone for 2024?

Ok, I just went onto the Chevrolet configurator for '24 just to see what the new pricing increase was for the '24. I noticed something at the end, No dive planes, no 1LE front splitter and a standard ZL1 grille. You can still order the package but it no longer says 1LE and it seems to be missing those pieces. Take a look...

https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...-price/summary
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 05:43 PM   #2
Mike818

Drives: 5.0 Fox, Lancer Evos (8,X),23 ZLE?
yeah and we all thought it was the spoiler that was going to prevent them from doing a 1LE.

Still TBD if even this will be obtainable though.
Mike818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 05:50 PM   #3
Jetrep

Drives: ZL1 1LE, bolt, scary flatbed, hhr,
No option for the track package I can see
Jetrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 05:53 PM   #4
Mike818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrep View Post
No option for the track package I can see
If you select any of the 1LE options (wheels, tires, aero, etc) it adds all the 1LE pack to the car minus the front Aero and adds the 1Le Pack price to the car. It's like a hidden but not really package.
Old 08-27-2023, 05:59 PM   #5
Jetrep

Drives: ZL1 1LE, bolt, scary flatbed, hhr,
The 1le track package has a fair amount of stuff in it- I only see a partial amount of those items available as separate options in the 24 model year

https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...es/package/A1Y
Jetrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 06:05 PM   #6
Mike818

can't open your link, but from comparing the builds from my 2023 ZLE and 2024 it looks like it gets everything except the front aero. Unsure about the transmission ratios though, and the side mirrors aren't blacked out, and probably won't say 1LE on the calipers.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:32 PM   #7
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
It uses a ZL1 front fascia not a ZLE front fascia, it has no red brake calipers and they say ZL1, not 1LE.
If you try to add the red calipers then you lose the partial, left over 1LE aero they "threw in" as well as the suspension.

I wonder if its missing any other ZLE hardware, which they can justify because its not a ZLE.

There is no 2024 ZL1 1LE.

https://youtu.be/LPRB2ykvsTk?si=dn4x3RXaZrhGOUKJ

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R

Last edited by HemiDave; 08-27-2023 at 07:14 PM.
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 06:49 PM   #8
Mike818

I'll still consider myself lucky if I can get my hands on a 24' w/ this track pack.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:37 AM   #9
ukester

Drives: 2016 z06
no more 1le and who knows about if any zl1s will get built with the strike looming. Has anyone seen the 23 1le on ebay-125000.00...
ukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 08:25 AM   #10
d15b7

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 1 LE
To me (just my not so informed opinion) there won’t be a true ‘24 ZL1 1LE. My thinking is:

What makes a ZL1 1LE?
1. the DSSV spool valve racing suspension
2. the big rear aero (wing)
3. the special front fascia/aero w/dive planes
4. the special gear ratios in the 6sp manual trans
5. the special 19” 1LE wheels and tires
6. various badges and 1LE callouts on the car (this seems least important I guess)

I guess if you can order a ‘24 with all that on it then it’s a real ZL1 1LE. if it’s missing any of those components then it’s not.
d15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 08:45 AM   #11
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by d15b7 View Post
To me (just my not so informed opinion) there won’t be a true ‘24 ZL1 1LE. My thinking is:

What makes a ZL1 1LE?
1. the DSSV spool valve racing suspension
2. the big rear aero (wing)
3. the special front fascia/aero w/dive planes
4. the special gear ratios in the 6sp manual trans
5. the special 19” 1LE wheels and tires
6. various badges and 1LE callouts on the car (this seems least important I guess)

I guess if you can order a ‘24 with all that on it then it’s a real ZL1 1LE. if it’s missing any of those components then it’s not.
Also thinner rear glass, TCM/PTM (whichever it is) tuned to hold the gears longer for the A10, and missing the pull tab to pull down the rear seats (even though the rest of the mechanism is there).

Its still crazy that GM raised the base price on all Camaro trim levels by $4k-$6k and then left out the ZL1 1LE. But, thats big manufacturers for you. All about the profit for them and their stock holders.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 08:48 AM   #12
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
Isn't it crazy how just the thought of not being able to get something that used to be fairly readily available, over night can make you want one and make the others more valuable??? lol

Fact is, I just bought an new 23' 2SS 1LE and could have bought a ZL1 just the same, but didn't need that kind of power since I have another high hp vehicle.... But, I now am thinking I should have found and bought a 22 or 23 ZL1 1LE....lol

In reality, there are VERY few of us / the public that will EVER use a fraction of even what the SS 1LE can deliver... Most will never do aggressive mountain drives or track days like some of us do, so having a Z1LE is really just a waste. However, we still "want" one...

I've been to track days where I was passing McLaren 720S's and chasing my buddy in his GT 2RS and he didn't get away from me... So, all of these cars as SO capable and most owners / drivers will never have the nerve or want to risk their crazy expensive car to go that quickly....Most of what we think we want is just in our heads...

All that said, I turned down a Z1LE since I had my other fast track capable car, but even now, I still wished I'd have bought it at the $71K price offered... It would now be worth way more... Oh well. We'll see what the used market does now..
2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel - Silver

Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:24 AM   #13
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Isn't it crazy how just the thought of not being able to get something that used to be fairly readily available, over night can make you want one and make the others more valuable??? lol

Fact is, I just bought an new 23' 2SS 1LE and could have bought a ZL1 just the same, but didn't need that kind of power since I have another high hp vehicle.... But, I now am thinking I should have found and bought a 22 or 23 ZL1 1LE....lol

In reality, there are VERY few of us / the public that will EVER use a fraction of even what the SS 1LE can deliver... Most will never do aggressive mountain drives or track days like some of us do, so having a Z1LE is really just a waste. However, we still "want" one...

I've been to track days where I was passing McLaren 720S's and chasing my buddy in his GT 2RS and he didn't get away from me... So, all of these cars as SO capable and most owners / drivers will never have the nerve or want to risk their crazy expensive car to go that quickly....Most of what we think we want is just in our heads...

All that said, I turned down a Z1LE since I had my other fast track capable car, but even now, I still wished I'd have bought it at the $71K price offered... It would now be worth way more... Oh well. We'll see what the used market does now..
You are right, as soon as something goes away, I end up paying extra! In CA these have been no where near MSRP for quite sometime. 6 months ago I knew my industry was going to go on strike, I was thinking don’t go out and buy another car, (I’m known for going out and buying expensive stuff I don’t need as soon as I’m out of work, lol) but I thought chances are this car is going to be impossible to get in ‘24. I figured even if the shit hits the fan, I can likely sell it for more than what I paid ( well above MSRP) when the end comes near. It is the Zenith of all Camaro’s ever built. So far she’s in the garage sitting with all the factory pieces unopened, plastic still covering the carpet and 120 miles on it (miles to drive it home from the dealer), we shall see…….
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:41 AM   #14
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfab View Post
You are right, as soon as something goes away, I end up paying extra! In CA these have been no where near MSRP for quite sometime. 6 months ago I knew my industry was going to go on strike, I was thinking don’t go out and buy another car, (I’m known for going out and buying expensive stuff I don’t need as soon as I’m out of work, lol) but I thought chances are this car is going to be impossible to get in ‘24. I figured even if the shit hits the fan, I can likely sell it for more than what I paid ( well above MSRP) when the end comes near. It is the Zenith of all Camaro’s ever built. So far she’s in the garage sitting with all the factory pieces unopened, plastic still covering the carpet and 120 miles on it (miles to drive it home from the dealer), we shall see…….

Wow... Very cool... Shame not to drive it though..

At least for a while, they'll go up...take advantage then If you want to part with it, otherwise IMO they end up like the Z/28's... That's a much rarer car (z/28) and even the very Nice one's are only around msrp or slightly higher for really low mile versions...

Eventually, they'll come back to reasonable pricing... But who knows...
Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote