Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
What should i do?

Hey all, i made a post awhile back about swirls in my paint...Well i had my dealership "buff it" and make it look brand new again. They called and told me it was ready and it's in the best condition for glasscoat and that i should get it done now, so without seeing it i say yes. I get it done and washed the car a few times (touch-less wash) And there is swirls and scratches over the whole car and was WORSE then it was before i took it to the dealer...which made me believe that they just used a compound to cover the swirls and not actually fix the problem. I had a second opinion from another detailer and he said what they done was almost criminal and that it's the worst detail job he'd ever seen on a brand new car. Said he felt sorry for me and that it's almost beyond repairable unless it's either repainted or buffed down and re-cleared. I won't be able to get a hold of the dealer until tomorrow but what should i do or say? Is there anything i can do without having for fork out ton's of cash for a repaint? I'm broke at this point....Sorry for the long read guys. It sucks that this happened but at this point it seems like there's nothing i can do.

Last edited by mcdoogle6969; 04-18-2010 at 04:58 PM.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote