Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
Red face Pfadt sway bar and stock end links

Did a search and am more concerned now than before I did the search!

I'm installing a stage III kit from Pfadt but the end links are on back order, so I'm running the stock end links until the Pfadt end link's arrive.

My fear is that the weaker stock links will break due to the more solid Pfadt swaybar.

Also, will I need the new bracket (below) to minimize any possiblility of breaking the end link bolts?

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
I did 6500 miles on the stock end links with Pfadt bars with no probs before going to their endlinks (only cuz a member was selling them cheap!). Still no issues so far with my LCA attachment points... You just need to be sure to torque the endlinks fully (33ft lbs IIRC) and check them after a few break-in runs and you should be fine...
Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Your lower control arms will be fine on the stock endlinks. The first thing to bend in that system is typically the OEM endlinks before that tab. Just keep an eye on the endlink for bending, we are working as fast as we can and they will return soon!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
full of days

thanks

Post Tenebras Lux

Old 06-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
I didn't wait and just ordered end links from Spohn.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
full of days

Pfadt, is there an ETA on the end links release?

Post Tenebras Lux

Old 06-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I'm doing the opposite on end links. I'm staying with the OEM ones for now....mostly because of budget reasons. If they bend or break I'll replace them then.

My car is a daily driver with only an occassional AutoX event and trip to the drag races. I've heard from others, like Hypurone says, that the OEM end links will work fine. Now, if I were racing my car alot or doing hard road racing that might be a different story.

I also thought about buying the end link mounting plates but after reading more it's been said that the failure of the mounting point has been much fewer than the amount of Camaros with sway bars. Again...something I'm just going to keep an eye on and if even remotely see it cracking I'll be buying the mounting plates. Since I'll be running the OEM end links I have a feeling those will bend/break first before my LCA starts to get affected.

If I had the extra coin then it wouldn't be bad to have for insurance. Unfortunately these $60 here, $200 there all for insurance purposes just doesn't fit for me. The wife is already about to remove me from the credit card access.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
Pfadt, is there an ETA on the end links release?
Check with Apex Chase for the Pfadt endlinks. Pfadt has been out for a little while and chase had a few sets left. That was about 5-6wks ago though.

As for the LCA braces, I figured they were cheap insurance. They add nothing in weight and take zero extra time installing, when you're already changing endlinks. By far the easiest and lightest of all the solutions.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
Did a search and am more concerned now than before I did the search!

I'm installing a stage III kit from Pfadt but the end links are on back order, so I'm running the stock end links until the Pfadt end link's arrive.

My fear is that the weaker stock links will break due to the more solid Pfadt swaybar.

Also, will I need the new bracket (below) to minimize any possiblility of breaking the end link bolts?

You should be ok as long as you don't go do an autoX in the mean time. Just keep an eye on the stock end links. They will give before the tabs do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Check with Apex Chase for the Pfadt endlinks. Pfadt has been out for a little while and chase had a few sets left. That was about 5-6wks ago though.
We are out now as well. Thanks for the mention though. We had them when no one else did so everyone was referred to us until we ran out. Now it is just a waiting game. We have a couple of pallets on the way to us from Pfadt but I'm not sure if there are any end links on them or if they are coming separately.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote